New headphones, preferably wireless

Palahniuk

Used my AT M50x for about 6 years now, for pleasure and for work (in-house live sound engineer) but they're getting tired of being used all day every day!

DT770's peeked my interest and I see they're popular in this forum and may snag a pair for work.

However what do people recommend wireless (not Bluetooth) wise? Would quite like some for gaming / watching movies etc so I can sit in bed with them on.

Cheers!

akg k371 wireless are worth a look.

phone out of service?

give us a call.

13 minutes ago, iIzzTheWiz said:

akg k371 wireless are worth a look.

All I can see is bluetooth, would rather go wired than bluetooth!

1 minute ago, zrmaxwell said:

Got a preferred price range?

Not particularly, no more than 250-300 pounds

You can purchase a FiiO Q5s for that price. It pairs to your current phone (assuming it has bluetooth) and you plug your wired headphones into it, and your wired headphones are now wireless (without the frustrating modifications)..

Just now, zrmaxwell said:

You can purchase a FiiO Q5s for that price. It pairs to your current phone (assuming it has bluetooth) and you plug your wired headphones into it, and your wired headphones are now wireless (without the frustrating modifications)..

It's more my PC, which does not have bluetooth.. and bluetooth has latency/lag, doesn't work great in Windows. Hence wanting to avoid it.

7 minutes ago, Palahniuk said:

It's more my PC, which does not have bluetooth.. and bluetooth has latency/lag, doesn't work great in Windows. Hence wanting to avoid it.

You can plug the FiiO Q5s to your PC via usb, and use it as a DAC..

7 minutes ago, zrmaxwell said:

You can plug the FiiO Q5s to your PC via usb, and use it as a DAC..

I am aware it could plug into my PC, except that still doesn't solve the issue of actually wanting new headphones :) or the fact it would still require a cable going into it from the headphones.. May be great for other situations, just not mine :) 

2 minutes ago, Palahniuk said:

I am aware it could plug into my PC, except that still doesn't solve the issue of actually wanting new headphones :) or the fact it would still require a cable going into it from the headphones.. May be great for other situations, just not mine :) 

I'm sorry, but my mind is going blank.. I can't think of any.. 😦

10 minutes ago, zrmaxwell said:

I'm sorry, but my mind is going blank.. I can't think of any.. 😦

Essentially how the Arctis Pro Wireless is, heard some great things about them but then some bad things about Steel Series so not sure

Sennheiser RS 120 uses low latency (probably analog) RF, and is relatively affordable. Note the more expensive in the RS series use a "digital wireless" signal which will introduce more latency.

I don't know on your preference is for headphones, but I've been using razer headsets for quite a while now, and so far the Razer Nari or Razer Nari Ultimate are very nice. However, if you don't like haptic drivers, you should get the Nari, not the Ultimate.

Nari Ultimate- https://www.razer.com/gaming-headsets/razer-nari-ultimate/RZ04-02670100-R3M1

Nari- https://www.razer.com/gaming-headsets/razer-nari/RZ04-02680100-R3M1

13 hours ago, Palahniuk said:

Essentially how the Arctis Pro Wireless is, heard some great things about them but then some bad things about Steel Series so not sure

I’ve had the Arctic 3s for a few years. Audio is great but mic isn’t. Not that the mic quality is bad but even when I raise the input level on my mic in discord all the way up my friends still have trouble hearing without raising the volume

On 9/29/2020 at 10:01 PM, Palahniuk said:

Used my AT M50x for about 6 years now, for pleasure and for work (in-house live sound engineer) but they're getting tired of being used all day every day!

DT770's peeked my interest and I see they're popular in this forum and may snag a pair for work.

However what do people recommend wireless (not Bluetooth) wise? Would quite like some for gaming / watching movies etc so I can sit in bed with them on.

Cheers!

If you like the AT M50x (I have the same ones and I love them) then why not just go with the wireless ones. They're not especially expensive. That being said I have a pair of Audiotechnicka wireless earbuds (ATH-CKS5TW) and upon doing a firmware upgrade they have become faulty so I don't know if that translates over to the M50xBT though.

You may also find quite a few Bose QC 35 IIs being flipped as those are currently being given away with the Pixel 5 and Pixel 4a 5G so it might be worth picking a set of those up for a lower price - I have tried them and they completely outclass my PXC 550 (first gen) on the noise cancelling and volume if that's important for you.

Matthew Gilbride