What do they mean by 32GB (4x4GB) ?

Go to solution Solved by Guest,

Typo

What do they mean by 32GB (4x4GB), isn't it lke 4 x 4 = 16? how can it reach 32 GB?

Or is it something like 4 x 4 GB x 2?

Here is the link of the product http://www.corsair.com/en/vengeancer-pro-series-32gb-4-x-4gb-ddr3-dram-2666mhz-c11-memory-kit-cmy32gx3m4b2666c11r

as this is 4 x 8GB (32GB) http://www.corsair.com/en/vengeance-pro-series-32gb-4-x-8gb-ddr3-dram-2133mhz-c11-memory-kit-cmy32gx3m4a2133c11

Click the like button if I helped you, it only takes 0.5 seconds and does not cost anything!

Typo

It means it's a typo. The CMY32GX3M4B2666C11R kit uses 8GB sticks.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

Think it was just a typo. 4x4gb is 16gb, it even says 16gb in the section to the left.

edit - Damn you ninjas :P

My Rig :  Case: Cooler Master HAF X ,Motherboard: Gigabyte Z87X-UD3H,PSU: Seasonic SS-750KM3,Processor: Core I7 4770k (overclocked 4.7ghz),Cooler: Corsair H100i, GPU: EVGA GTX 780 with acx cooler, RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws 16gb DDR3 1600 (overclocked to 2000mhz), HDDS  Samsung 840 EVO 250 gb SSD , Western digital  2tb 7200 rpm 64mb cache, Old 1tb laptop drive I had , 320gb for os backup daily, 80gb external for weekly backups,Drives 2x Lg Blu Ray burner WH16MS40,MISC: Tp-Link dual band wireless card, Logitech g510s, Razer Deathadder 2013, Acer G236HLBbd 23" monitor, Old tv I had 23" for secondary monitor, old 32" samsung tv third monitor

What do they mean by 32GB (4x4GB), isn't it lke 4 x 4 = 16? how can it reach 32 GB?

Or is it something like 4 x 4 GB x 2?

Here is the link of the product http://www.corsair.com/en/vengeancer-pro-series-32gb-4-x-4gb-ddr3-dram-2666mhz-c11-memory-kit-cmy32gx3m4b2666c11r

Should be 8x4GB

There is 3 typos on the page then.

|CPU: Intel 5960X|MOBO:Rampage V Extreme|GPU:EVGA 980Ti SC 2 - Way SLI|RAM:G-Skill 32GB|CASE:900D|PSU:CorsairAX1200i|DISPLAY :Dell U2412M X3|SSD Intel 750 400GB, 2X Samsung 850 Pro|

Peripherals : | MOUSE : Logitech G602 | KEYBOARD: K70 RGB (Cherry MX Brown) | NAS: Synology DS1515+  - WD RED 3TB X 5|ROUTER: AC68U

Sound : | HEADPHONES: Sennheiser HD800 SPEAKERS: B&W CM9 (Front floorstanding) ,  B&W CM Center 2 (Centre) | AV RECEIVER : Denon 3806 | MY X99 BUILD LOG!

Wow... talk about a typo. That or insane troll logic.

deadmau5___origin_of_4x4_12_by_emperorof

| CPU: An abacus | Motherboard: Tin foil | RAM: 2 Popsicle sticks | GPU: Virtual Boy | Case: Cardboard box | Storage: Cardboard | PSU: 3... Er... Make that 2 hamsters | Display(s): Broken glass | Cooling: Brawndo | Keyboard: More cardboard | Mouse: Jerry | Sound: 2 Cans of SpaghettiO's |

When in an interview Deadmau5 stated the reason for the title of their album is in reference to the 4x4 drums he uses: "4 drums here, 4 drums there and you get 12.

Should be 8x4GB

There is 3 typos on the page then.

Think it was just a typo. 4x4gb is 16gb, it even says 16gb in the section to the left.

edit - Damn you ninjas :P

That's probably a typo

goddamn ninja mods gtfo

It means it's a typo. The CMY32GX3M4B2666C11R kit uses 8GB sticks.

Typo

Oh ok :)

Click the like button if I helped you, it only takes 0.5 seconds and does not cost anything!

4x4 = 12 was a reference to one of his livestreams when he was ordering a drum set and he said to himself "..and 4 x 4 = 12 so that many drums" when the chat flooded correcting him saying "16"

I don't listen to his music and I don't know anything about him really; I just saw this image.

| CPU: An abacus | Motherboard: Tin foil | RAM: 2 Popsicle sticks | GPU: Virtual Boy | Case: Cardboard box | Storage: Cardboard | PSU: 3... Er... Make that 2 hamsters | Display(s): Broken glass | Cooling: Brawndo | Keyboard: More cardboard | Mouse: Jerry | Sound: 2 Cans of SpaghettiO's |