Gigabyte 3080 EAGLE owners

StrafeJog

I have this card on order:

1) Can you check the back of the PCB and see what the layout is in terms of MLCCs? Personally I think this isn't the issue as cards that have 6 MLCC groups are also crashing, but just to check.

2) Are you getting crashes out of the box? This card has a 340W TDP out of the box and so is already at the limit in terms of power delivery with the stock vBIOS. I haven't seen anyone report crashes with this card yet. Gamers Nexus also did not get any crashes when trying to overclock.

1 hour ago, dfsgsfa said:

yes they use cheap ones

RIP

You don't know that because the only images are from review samples.

Also, I am nearly certain it is not the issue. It's a driver issue.

19 minutes ago, StrafeJog said:

On the cards that do use enough MLCCs yes probably, but from what I can see it does seem likely it has to do strongly with the caps?

Crystal: CPU: i7 7700K | Motherboard: Asus ROG Strix Z270F | RAM: GSkill 16 GB@3200MHz | GPU: Nvidia GTX 1080 Ti FE | Case: Corsair Crystal 570X (black) | PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 1000W | Monitor: Asus VG248QE 24"

Laptop: Dell XPS 13 9370 | CPU: i5 10510U | RAM: 16 GB

Server: CPU: i5 4690k | RAM: 16 GB | Case: Corsair Graphite 760T White | Storage: 19 TB

22 minutes ago, StrafeJog said:

You don't know that because the only images are from review samples.

Evga has stated that caps can be a problem and that some of their early review samples used lower grade caps, however that these did not make it to the shelves. 

https://forums.evga.com/Message-about-EVGA-GeForce-RTX-3080-POSCAPs-m3095238.aspx

21 minutes ago, Haak said:

Evga has stated that caps can be a problem and that some of their early review samples used lower grade caps, however that these did not make it to the shelves. 

https://forums.evga.com/Message-about-EVGA-GeForce-RTX-3080-POSCAPs-m3095238.aspx

And still people are reporting crashes on their cards that have only mlccs.