40 fps on Apex Legends with 1660ti on low settings, Help!

Since this morning I'm getting only 40 to 50 fps on Apex legends while on low settings. I have an asus laptop running a ryzen 7 3750h with a 1660ti max q with 16 gigs of ram on dual channel. I really enjoy apex legends and I used to get some 70 80 fps on fairly low settings but it has been dropping for the past week  and since today it's on 40 fps which is unbearable. Need help 

is the laptop plugged in? are you sure you're running the game with the dedicated gpu and not with the igpu? how are the temperatures?

8 minutes ago, boggy77 said:

is the laptop plugged in? are you sure you're running the game with the dedicated gpu and not with the igpu? how are the temperatures?

Yes. It is plugged in. Set on high performance mode. With the nvidia GPU in use. Temps are around 86°C but I did notice the GPU utilization being low,around  40 50%

7 minutes ago, dotalover said:

Temps are around 86°C

if that's the gpu temp, that's most likely the issue. most nvidia gpus start throttling at 85 by default. try to clean the fans a bit and maybe use a cooling pad. you can also install msi afterburner and try a more aggressive fan curve and a bit of undervolting

9 minutes ago, boggy77 said:

if that's the gpu temp, that's most likely the issue. most nvidia gpus start throttling at 85 by default. try to clean the fans a bit and maybe use a cooling pad. you can also install msi afterburner and try a more aggressive fan curve and a bit of undervolting

Yes. Mobile GPUs in particular are more thermally bound their desktop counterparts, because high temps affect the entire system more acutely.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5900X · Cooler: Artic Liquid Freezer II 280 · Motherboard: MSI MEG X570 Unify · RAM: G.skill Ripjaws V 2x16GB 3600MHz CL16 (2Rx8) · Graphics Card: ASUS GeForce RTX 3060 Ti TUF Gaming · Boot Drive: 500GB WD Black SN750 M.2 NVMe SSD · Game Drive: 2TB Crucial MX500 SATA SSD · PSU: Corsair White RM850x 850W 80+ Gold · Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow · Monitor: MSI Optix MAG342CQR 34” UWQHD 3440x1440 144Hz · Keyboard: Corsair K100 RGB Optical-Mechanical Gaming Keyboard (OPX Switch) · Mouse: Corsair Ironclaw RGB Wireless Gaming Mouse

21 minutes ago, Chris Pratt said:

Yes. Mobile GPUs in particular are more thermally bound their desktop counterparts, because high temps affect the entire system more acutely.

It was fine just yesterday and now today its potato. I dont think it's the temp only. Even before the gpu hits 80 the fps is already pretty low. It's not like the fps gets lower as tge tends rises

32 minutes ago, boggy77 said:

My fans are already turbo ing at max and maybe I should try to clean up a bit 

1 hour ago, dotalover said:

It was fine just yesterday and now today its potato. I dont think it's the temp only. Even before the gpu hits 80 the fps is already pretty low. It's not like the fps gets lower as tge tends rises

Yes. That's exactly how it is. As temps get higher, the more it thermal throttles. It will keep throttling back until temps return to acceptable ranges.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5900X · Cooler: Artic Liquid Freezer II 280 · Motherboard: MSI MEG X570 Unify · RAM: G.skill Ripjaws V 2x16GB 3600MHz CL16 (2Rx8) · Graphics Card: ASUS GeForce RTX 3060 Ti TUF Gaming · Boot Drive: 500GB WD Black SN750 M.2 NVMe SSD · Game Drive: 2TB Crucial MX500 SATA SSD · PSU: Corsair White RM850x 850W 80+ Gold · Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow · Monitor: MSI Optix MAG342CQR 34” UWQHD 3440x1440 144Hz · Keyboard: Corsair K100 RGB Optical-Mechanical Gaming Keyboard (OPX Switch) · Mouse: Corsair Ironclaw RGB Wireless Gaming Mouse

-> Moved to PC Gaming

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv