New build no signal to monitor after starting to boot

EJWright

I just built a system identical to mine for my daughter. The system powers with no signal to the monitor at initial power up. Then if you press the reset button the computer will start to boot as normal for about 5 seconds. The Windows 10 boot up screen shows briefly with the circle of rotating balls making half a rotation before the screen goes blank.  The computer is still running but the monitor has a "no signal" message. I have searched all over for a remedy to this but still have no solution. I have also tried booting a USB and DVD with Windows 10 created with the media maker from MS with no luck. I also tried to load Mint Linux from USB. It will come up and display the menu for running or installing Linux, but once you make the selection it does the same thing, goes to the blank screen with "no signal" message. Also, I can boot into the BIOS and it displays normally. The power supply, SSD, mechanical drive were transferred over from my daughters old system and are pretty new. The only brand new components are the CPU, memory, and motherboard. the system specs are as follows:

Windows 10 Home (x64) Version 1909 (build 18363.1082)

3.40 gigahertz AMD Ryzen 5 2600 Six-Core

Gigabyte B450M DS3H

UEFI: American Megatrends Inc. F41

16 Gig Gskill 16.0GB Dual-Channel  

Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB [Hard drive]

Radeon RX 580 Series [Display adapter]

Power supply is a BFG 650w PS.

I have swapped out all components with my system except the CPU and motherboard and all seems fine. I am thinking I have a bad CPU or motherboard. I had to return this same model CPU last year due to it being defective. I find it hard to believe AMAZON would have sent me 2 defective CPU's. Any help or thoughts would be greatly appreciated. Thank youIMG_5891.thumb.JPG.764527d5994b55ece9ba0eb24f5beb52.JPG

IMG_5875.JPG

IMG_5882.JPG

IMG_5887.JPG

IMG_5910.JPG

IMG_5909.JPG

IMG_5908.JPG

IMG_5912.JPG

looks like you are on the correct track with troubleshooting. IF you have your PC with AM4 try swapping the CPU to exclude motherboard.

Also have you tried to update Bios to newest version that will support the CPU you are using?

The Bios on my daughters board is newer F41 than mine F40. Guess I will have to pull my CPU and put it in her system to nail it down. Really was hoping to avoid that.

If it's at F41 maybe try to update it to never one as F41 was fist one with AGESA 1.0.0.3 and maybe this is the issue (F40 is on AGESA 1.0.0.2). Maybe try F50 and see. 

If not just move the CPU from your PC as this would tell you also if it is MB issue or CPU. If it turns out to be MB than you can try to update BIOS anyway to see if it will solve the issue.