Did I messed up the software reinstall?

I was trying to reinstall Samsung Magician because I miss clicked to "I live in European Country" which I'm definitely not from after updating it.

1329822756_Screenshot2020-09-19160825.jpg.bd34b54c71b499bb3429abdebb4e346f.jpg

After running the setup wizard I selected "override the previous installation"

2146357896_Screenshot2020-09-19160957.jpg.2dd18f6fa9cae4d264c40b3059881a8e.jpg

I later got this popup which seems to close Samsung Magician.exe which was running in the background, I don't really know what other changes it did in order to reinstall this software and so i panicked and closed the setup wizard after it was done.

1288270697_Screenshot2020-09-19161358.jpg.f9b706b5dc86d6e049d34c4b44df31c9.jpg

I even installed Samsung Magician in my extremely old laptop and tried to replicate the same thing I did in my desktop but I got this error instead

956431855_Screenshot2020-09-19161904.jpg.cdd58427801b59aada2f9297bd150b4d.jpg

I then uninstalled Samsung Magician from Control panel and reinstalled it again in my old laptop but this time I stopped Samsung Magician from running in background and this popup took only 1 seconds instead of 5-10, so does it mean that this specific popup purpose is only to close Samsung Magician software which was running in background and nothing else?

The normal setup wizard runs after that popup

1473434881_Screenshot2020-09-19163649.jpg.1da7602992d0b8cb48c4f9bb80e3a1ee.jpg

I'm worried and making this post because I had a terrible experience reinstalling a software in the past called Nahimic audio driver, I tried everything but I was never able to get my audio running and in the end people in MSI forum said "the only option left is to reinstall windows".

So did I messed up the software reinstall in my desktop? Does that popup mentioned above actually does more than just closing the Samsung Magician instance?

What really is the problem can't you open Samsung magician at all?

Reminder⚠️

I'm just speaking from experience so what I say may not work 100%

Please try searching up the answer before you post here but I am always glad to help

11 minutes ago, Kanna said:

What really is the problem can't you open Samsung magician at all?

No, there doesn't seem to be any visible problem currently but I'm worried that I might end up having one in the future since I didn't reinstalled this application the proper way.

As I said above I closed the setup wizard right after the "Please wait" popup which closes Samsung Magician in background and then later ran the setup wizard again after finding no difference in Samsung Magician installed directory.

22 minutes ago, Ishit Singh said:

No, there doesn't seem to be any visible problem currently but I'm worried that I might end up having one in the future since I didn't reinstalled this application the proper way.

As I said above I closed the setup wizard right after the "Please wait" popup which closes Samsung Magician in background and then later ran the setup wizard again after finding no difference in Samsung Magician installed directory.

Then there's no problem if it installed and you can use it.

Please quote my post, or put @paddy-stone if you want me to respond to you.

Spoiler
  • PCs:- 
  • Main PC build  https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/2K6Q7X
  • ASUS x53e  - i7 2670QM / Sony BD writer x8 / Win 10, Elemetary OS, Ubuntu/ Samsung 830 SSD
  • Lenovo G50 - 8Gb RAM - Samsung 860 Evo 250GB SSD - DVD writer
  •  
  • Displays:-
  • Philips 55 OLED 754 model
  • Panasonic 55" 4k TV
  • LG 29" Ultrawide
  • Philips 24" 1080p monitor as backup
  •  
  • Storage/NAS/Servers:-
  • ESXI/test build  https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/4wyR9G
  • Main Server https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/3Qftyk
  • Backup server - HP Proliant Gen 8 4 bay NAS running FreeNAS ZFS striped 3x3TiB WD reds
  • HP ProLiant G6 Server SE316M1 Twin Hex Core Intel Xeon E5645 2.40GHz 48GB RAM
  •  
  • Gaming/Tablets etc:-
  • Xbox One S 500GB + 2TB HDD
  • PS4
  • Nvidia Shield TV
  • Xiaomi/Pocafone F2 pro 8GB/256GB
  • Xiaomi Redmi Note 4

• Unused Hardware currently :-
  • 4670K MSI mobo 16GB ram
  • i7 6700K  b250 mobo
  • Zotac GTX 1060 6GB Amp! edition
  • Zotac GTX 1050 mini

6 minutes ago, paddy-stone said:

Then there's no problem if it installed and you can use it.

I'm aware of that but the same thing happened with Nahimic software. It was installed and was running fine at start but later it stopped outputting audio. I'm worried that Samsung Magician might stop working just like how Nahimic did after few days.

What should I do if I ever get an issue with this application in future?

7 minutes ago, Ishit Singh said:

I'm aware of that but the same thing happened with Nahimic software. It was installed and was running fine at start but later it stopped outputting audio. I'm worried that Samsung Magician might stop working just like how Nahimic did after few days.

What should I do if I ever get an issue with this application in future?

Usually a reinstall fixes things on most apps, depends on the issue really, it's not a one-size-fits-all solution unfortunately.

But asking on here or other tech forums should get you an answer if/when you encounter a problem.

Please quote my post, or put @paddy-stone if you want me to respond to you.

Spoiler
  • PCs:- 
  • Main PC build  https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/2K6Q7X
  • ASUS x53e  - i7 2670QM / Sony BD writer x8 / Win 10, Elemetary OS, Ubuntu/ Samsung 830 SSD
  • Lenovo G50 - 8Gb RAM - Samsung 860 Evo 250GB SSD - DVD writer
  •  
  • Displays:-
  • Philips 55 OLED 754 model
  • Panasonic 55" 4k TV
  • LG 29" Ultrawide
  • Philips 24" 1080p monitor as backup
  •  
  • Storage/NAS/Servers:-
  • ESXI/test build  https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/4wyR9G
  • Main Server https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/3Qftyk
  • Backup server - HP Proliant Gen 8 4 bay NAS running FreeNAS ZFS striped 3x3TiB WD reds
  • HP ProLiant G6 Server SE316M1 Twin Hex Core Intel Xeon E5645 2.40GHz 48GB RAM
  •  
  • Gaming/Tablets etc:-
  • Xbox One S 500GB + 2TB HDD
  • PS4
  • Nvidia Shield TV
  • Xiaomi/Pocafone F2 pro 8GB/256GB
  • Xiaomi Redmi Note 4

• Unused Hardware currently :-
  • 4670K MSI mobo 16GB ram
  • i7 6700K  b250 mobo
  • Zotac GTX 1060 6GB Amp! edition
  • Zotac GTX 1050 mini

3 minutes ago, paddy-stone said:

Usually a reinstall fixes things on most apps, depends on the issue really, it's not a one-size-fits-all solution unfortunately.

But asking on here or other tech forums should get you an answer if/when you encounter a problem.

True

I should've explained in more detail.

At first I didn't wanted to reinstall this software just because I selected GDPR but I still ran the setup wizard just out of curiosity and selected "override the previous installation".

Right when I noticed Samsung Magician isn't in system tray nor running in background I panicked and closed the setup wizard. After checking its directory folder I noticed the application was still there nothing was changed so I then ran setup again and reinstalled it.

What i'm worried about is because I closed the setup mid way last time, will it cause this software to not work properly?

2 minutes ago, Ishit Singh said:

ignore this quote, I did it by mistake