Anyone Got RTX 3080 FE at launch day

Ayush008

Hello Guys 

Hope you all are doing great !!

Please be safe and healthy !!

{Your Opinion is Highly valuable for me) 

As you all know that today nvidia has launched Rtx 3080 on sale (Probably👎🤞🏻) . In order to get it we have to stick with nvidia official site and have to refresh the page frequently , in order to grab it. Despite of giving our best , when we realise that we actually miss the boat ( OUT OF STOCK) , it feels - disappointing and frustrating.

According to some people , the  launch was actually fake ( I don’t know the actual reason behind it  🤷🏻🤷🏻🤷🏻

But I can be wrong n frequently I’m , there maybe some people ( who are lucky ) who have actually achieved  it. Congratulations to all of them.

TELL ME HOW MANY OF YOU GOT IT 

AND HOW MANY NOT OR DO YOU THINK ITS FAKE !?

{PLEASE FEEL FREE TO SHARE ME YOUR OPINION }

How and why would the launch be fake? Yes i read that you say you don´t know, but your source must be from somewhere, and personal opinion.

4 minutes ago, Grihm said:

How and why would the launch be fake?

Thnx Grihm,

for sharing me your opinion 

I appreciate it !! 

Now look I hv already said It I may be wrong , I hv just herd it from few people that’s why I’m giving my opinion.Please rectify me if I’m wrong , I will feel highly privileged.

it looks like you have got it ri8? 

It's not fake.

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

The FE was immediately sould out in Germany on Nvidia's website.
The AIB cards were certainly available for a few hours but then they were all gone.

I don't think it is a fake launch.
I think NVidia was incredibly unprepared for this launch (aswell as so many other launches) and I assume that they simply didn't have enough cards for the launch available. But I also think that NVidia isn't interested in selling FE cards, but instead wants to sell chips and licenses to the AIBs.

It will be interesting to see how long it will take them for the FE to come back into the store.

I mean...there was 3 of us in my house literally spamming refresh and watched the site go from, register your interest to sold out....immediately.

Then you've got guys selling on ebay for over 90k and climbing....

It drives me nuts.

Screenshot_20200917-173616_eBay.jpg

1 minute ago, Ayush008 said:

Thnx Grihm,

for sharing me your opinion 

I appreciate it !! 

Now look I hv already said I may be wrong , I just hear from few people that’s why I’m Just giving my opinion.

it looks like you have got it ri8? 

Nope i did not get one, and i was not planning to get one until after the 3090 and 70 is out.

I can share in " a " hype, but not " the " hype that is ongoing now, because it´s highly damaging.

People are stressing out, people are upset, people are debating about corporate lies etc. This is a card launch, as we have had before.

What we also have had before are release issues, and therefore i will wait a bit to see it all flows well.

I am ready to get myself a card, but i also did extensive research to the best of my knowledge to make sure

1: My computer can handle it

2: My monitor can handle it

3: My needs are in line with the cost of the card

Personally, i think the release went as planned. A smaller amount of cards, around a million or so to set the stage for day one. 5 min after or so they where all sold out, and now, people are upping the brand globally without Nvidia´s need to do anything. It´s just another launch, and i hope people get a bit more relaxed and focused before spending money on something they perhaps cant run at optimal settings.

8 minutes ago, Billbrown1982 said:

I mean...there was 3 of us in my house literally spamming refresh and watched the site go from, register your interest to sold out....immediately.

It drives me nuts.

That is not actual valid purchases, but instead it´s trolling the *********** that are selling the cards. They do this to inflate their auctions and to ruin it for them. They fully deserve it. They do not get payed at the end since you as the buyer can withdraw your purchase if you will.

19 minutes ago, dizmo said:

It's not fake.

Thnx @dizmo for showing interest in my section 

I appreciate it !! 

19 minutes ago, Billbrown1982 said:

It drives me nuts.

Thnx @Billbrown1982  for sharing me your opinion , I can understand your situation !!

if I’m at your place I also feel the same !!

I have seen lot of people reselling the product at higher price !! 

You can wait for some time , I mean it’s not the end of the world !! You will get other opportunity!! Don’t worry 

24 minutes ago, Grihm said:

Nope i did not get one, and i was not planning to get one until after the 3090 and 70 is out.

I can share in " a " hype, but not " the " hype that is ongoing now, because it´s highly damaging.

People are stressing out, people are upset, people are debating about corporate lies etc. This is a card launch, as we have had before.

What we also have had before are release issues, and therefore i will wait a bit to see it all flows well.

I am ready to get myself a card, but i also did extensive research to the best of my knowledge to make sure

1: My computer can handle it

2: My monitor can handle it

3: My needs are in line with the cost of the card

Personally, i think the release went as planned. A smaller amount of cards, around a million or so to set the stage for day one. 5 min after or so they where all sold out, and now, people are upping the brand globally without Nvidia´s need to do anything. It´s just another launch, and i hope people get a bit more relaxed and focused before spending money on something they perhaps cant run at optimal settings.

Your explanation shows that you are quite practical and logical type of person !!

I appreciate your paradigm , the way you handle things !!👍👍👍👍👍

Very few people have such qualities !!

Sure !! I mean you can wait for a month and check each card pros and cons and take your decision according to that !!

32 minutes ago, Senzelian said:

The FE was immediately sould out in Germany on Nvidia's website.
The AIB cards were certainly available for a few hours but then they were all gone.

I don't think it is a fake launch.
I think NVidia was incredibly unprepared for this launch (aswell as so many other launches) and I assume that they simply didn't have enough cards for the launch available. But I also think that NVidia isn't interested in selling FE cards, but instead wants to sell chips and licenses to the AIBs.

It will be interesting to see how long it will take them for the FE to come back into the store.

Thnx @Senzelian for sharing you opinion !!

I agree with your explanation !!

The product was sold out within 5min ,I guess we have to wait and watch for other stock availability or else we don’t have other option.

Happy hunting !!

12 minutes ago, Abyssal Radon said:

I drove down to Micro Center and almost got my hands on a card. I was about ~10 ish people off. But now I'm playing the waiting game.

Thnx @Abyssal Radon

for sharing your opinion with us. 

“Almost got my hands on it “ , Means you didn’t get it right ?? 

please feel free to elobrate your point !!

8 minutes ago, Ayush008 said:

Your explanation shows that you are quite practical and logical type of person !!

I appreciate your paradigm , the way you handle things !!👍👍👍👍👍

Very few people have such qualities !!

Sure !! I mean you can wait for a month and check each card pros and cons and take your decision according to that !!

Likewise bud, and thank you.

It´s quite ordinary to be hyped and speedy over a new release, but once you start to look at some posts here and there, it feels like some are really regretting selling their cards ahead of time or that they somehow feel " cheated " by this release and that it´s not good enough.

I swear to ( insert entity of your own choosing ) some people are never satisfied.

There are bots put there to buy stuff like this, because the FE is so desired people resell them at higher prices.

I was bummed, till I saw some brands beating the FE in performance and cooling at the same price point.

Although not as pretty, I'll take performance over pretty on something that sits in my pc case

8 hours ago, Abyssal Radon said:

Yeah I was literally 10 people off from getting one. Either way I'm going to wait for the Premium versions from vendors so I can get a nicer non-vanilla 3080 so to speak.

Great choice ,

although it can be bit expensive 

EVGA KINGPIN , GALAX are quite good in making  premium cards.

8 hours ago, Exeon said:

There are bots put there to buy stuff like this, because the FE is so desired people resell them at higher prices.

I was bummed, till I saw some brands beating the FE in performance and cooling at the same price point.

Although not as pretty, I'll take performance over pretty on something that sits in my pc case

Thnx @Exeon,

For sharing your opinion.

I appreciate it !!

I agree wid ur point !!

It totally depends upon your case , especially if you are purchasing beefy cards , you have to make sure your cabinet have enough space for air flow. 

9 hours ago, Billbrown1982 said:

It drives me nuts.

What......the.......??

Anyways, Greetings from Thailand. In my country, we only get aib cards and it was up for sale for <5mins then it was sold out. Hopefully it will be back in stock in a month. (Yea, things are late here)

🔥 5950x - 3080 - 165hz

F@H

2 hours ago, Kv980ti said:

What......the.......??

Anyways, Greetings from Thailand. In my country, we only get aib cards and it was up for sale for <5mins then it was sold out. Hopefully it will be back in stock in a month. (Yea, things are late here)

There are people and bots out there trolling scalpers

Basically they make it impossible for people to buy them by placing rediculous bids and not paying up after it expires.

Though I dislike scalpers, and feel like there should be an anti-bot purchasing policy on this I'm not sure that trolling bids is the way to go here.

Would be sad if this still happens when people actually sell their cards for other purposes