What can I do with my old GPU??

LewdGeek
Go to solution Solved by DJ46,
9 minutes ago, LewdGeek said:

i've asked a refund before the new RTX 30 series have been announce because EVGA card are really not good and  Precision X1 is one of the worst app I ever worked with, as you can see I am an old MSI power user.

While you might not like their utility, EVGA might actually save your butt here. AFAIK they are the only manufacturer with a Step-Up program and if your 2070 Super really is only a month old you can take advantage of it. If I were in your situation I would definitely check it out.

Hello everyone and thank you for reading my post I know not a lot of people come in this place, but thank you for you time.

I have multiple GPU that I don't need anymore and I wanna know what can I do with it and how much can I get for it.

I have an MSI GTX 960 4G GAMING and an MSI GTX 1070 GAMING Z 8G, and I wanna know how much I can ask for them and if it's not worth it what can I do with it :(.

And I just bought 1 month ago, an EVGA GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER FTW3 ULTRA and Canada Computers don't want to refund me (i've asked a refund before the new RTX 30 series have been announce because EVGA card are really not good and  Precision X1 is one of the worst app I ever worked with, as you can see I am an old MSI power user.) Can you guys tell me what is my best plan of Action right now? I really don't know what to do...

Here is my situation more in details, I have a fresh new build with a i9-10850K and an old one with an i7-4770K, My new build curently have the RTX 2070 Super installed on it and my old build the GTX 1070 GAMING Z, The RTX is still brand new only 2 weeks of use and the 1070 2 years with no overclocking so basically brand new too in perfect condition and same for the 960 2 years of use without overclocking and perfect condition in the box. 

Check ebay what similar Cards bring.

You should overthink your upgrade behaviour tho. Alot of money waste there.

CPU i7 6700k MB  MSI Z170A Pro Carbon GPU Zotac GTX980Ti amp!extreme RAM 16GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance 3k CASE Corsair 760T PSU Corsair RM750i MOUSE Logitech G9x KB Logitech G910 HS Sennheiser GSP 500 SC Asus Xonar 7.1 MONITOR Acer Predator xb270hu Storage 1x1TB + 2x500GB Samsung 7200U/m - 2x500GB SSD Samsung 850EVO

Do you have use for a backup computer?  I’ve got an old q66(something) system in my basement as backup that is going to be replaced with my 4770k system when I build a new rig. 

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

1 minute ago, LewdGeek said:

I have an MSI GTX 960 4G GAMING and an MSI GTX 1070 GAMING Z 8G, and I wanna know how much I can ask for them

60-80 USD and 175-200 USD seems to be the going rate for such cards on ebay.com.

The Canadian market might differ, so take these as estimates to aim for (but converted to CAD, instead of USD)

4 minutes ago, LewdGeek said:

And I just bought 1 month ago, an EVGA GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER FTW3 ULTRA and Canada Computers don't want to refund me (i've asked a refund before the new RTX 30 series have been announce because EVGA card are really not good and  Precision X1 is one of the worst app I ever worked with, as you can see I am an old MSI power user.) Can you guys tell me what is my best plan of Action right now? I really don't know what to do...

I'm pretty happy with my EVGA 2070 Super (except it's an XC Gaming). Didn't encounter any issues with Precision X1 either (although I just turned off my RGB, set a fan curve and didn't touch that program aftewards :P ).

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

2 minutes ago, Bombastinator said:

Do you have use for a backup computer?  I’ve got an old q66(something) system in my basement as backup that is going to be replaced with my 4770k system when I build a new rig. 

I don't understand this post? this is not related to the main subject, you are talking about CPU and we are in the GPU categories.

9 minutes ago, LewdGeek said:

i've asked a refund before the new RTX 30 series have been announce because EVGA card are really not good and  Precision X1 is one of the worst app I ever worked with, as you can see I am an old MSI power user.

While you might not like their utility, EVGA might actually save your butt here. AFAIK they are the only manufacturer with a Step-Up program and if your 2070 Super really is only a month old you can take advantage of it. If I were in your situation I would definitely check it out.

PC: CPU: Intel i7-4790 MB: Gigabyte B85N RAM: Adata 4GB + Kingston 8GB SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB GPU: XFX GTR RX 480 8GB Case: Advantech IPC-510 PSU: Corsair RM1000i KB: Idobao x YMDK ID75 with Outemu Silent Grey Mouse: Logitech G305 Mousepad: LTT Deskpad Headphones: AKG K240 Sextett
Phone: Sony Xperia 5 II

6 minutes ago, LewdGeek said:

I don't understand this post? this is not related to the main subject, you are talking about CPU and we are in the GPU categories.

He's just saying that if you don't need the money from selling the older cards on Ebay and might end up needing a second/backup PC, you can put one of the cards into your 4770K build.

PC: CPU: Intel i7-4790 MB: Gigabyte B85N RAM: Adata 4GB + Kingston 8GB SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB GPU: XFX GTR RX 480 8GB Case: Advantech IPC-510 PSU: Corsair RM1000i KB: Idobao x YMDK ID75 with Outemu Silent Grey Mouse: Logitech G305 Mousepad: LTT Deskpad Headphones: AKG K240 Sextett

16 minutes ago, LewdGeek said:

I wanna know what can I do with it

11 minutes ago, Bombastinator said:

a backup computer

8 minutes ago, LewdGeek said:

I don't understand this post?

What's not to get?

My suggestion would be F@H if you don't sell it.

BabyBlu (Primary): 

• CPU: Intel Core i9 9900K @ up to 5.3GHz, 5.0GHz all-core, delidded
  • Motherboard: Asus Maximus XI Hero
  • RAM: G.Skill Trident Z RGB 4x8GB DDR4-3200 @ 4000MHz 16-18-18-34
  • GPU: MSI RTX 2080 Sea Hawk EK X, 2070MHz core, 8000MHz mem
  • Case: Phanteks Evolv X
  • Storage: XPG SX8200 Pro 2TB, 3x ADATASU800 1TB (RAID 0), Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB
  • PSU: Corsair HX1000i
  • Display: MSI MPG341CQR 34" 3440x1440 144Hz Freesync, Dell S2417DG 24" 2560x1440 165Hz Gsync
  • Cooling: Custom water loop (CPU & GPU), Radiators: 1x140mm(Back), 1x280mm(Top), 1x420mm(Front)
  • Keyboard: Corsair Strafe RGB (Cherry MX Brown)
  • Mouse: MasterMouse MM710
  • Headset: Corsair Void Pro RGB

Roxanne (Wife Build):

• CPU: Intel Core i7 4790K @ up to 5.0GHz, 4.8Ghz all-core, relidded w/ LM
  • Motherboard: Asus Z97A
  • RAM: G.Skill Sniper 4x8GB DDR3-2400 @ 10-12-12-24
  • GPU: EVGA GTX 1080 FTW2 w/ LM
  • Case: Corsair Vengeance C70, w/ Custom Side-Panel Window
  • Storage: Samsung 850 EVO 250GB, Samsung 860 EVO 1TB, Silicon Power A80 2TB NVME
  • PSU: Corsair AX760
  • Display: Samsung C27JG56 27" 2560x1440 144Hz Freesync
  • Cooling: Corsair H115i RGB
  • Keyboard: GMMK TKL(Kailh Box White)
  • Mouse: Glorious Model O-
  • Headset: SteelSeries Arctis 7

BigBox (HTPC):

• CPU: Ryzen 5800X3D
  • Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Aorus Pro AX
  • RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3600 @ 3600MHz 14-14-14-28
  • GPU: MSI RTX 3080 Ventus 3X Plus OC, de-shrouded, LM TIM, replaced mem therm pads
  • Case: Fractal Design Node 202
  • Storage: SP A80 1TB, WD Black SN770 2TB
  • PSU: Corsair SF600 Gold w/ NF-A9x14
  • Display: Samsung QN90A 65" (QLED, 4K, 120Hz, HDR, VRR)
  • Cooling: Thermalright AXP-100 Copper w/ NF-A12x15
  • Keyboard/Mouse: Rii i4
  • Controllers: 4X Xbox One & 2X N64 (with USB)
  • Sound: Denon AVR S760H with 5.1.2 Atmos setup.

Harmonic (NAS/Game/Plex/Other Server):

• CPU: Intel Core i7 6700
  • Motherboard: ASRock FATAL1TY H270M
  • RAM: 64GB DDR4-2133
  • GPU: Intel HD Graphics 530
  • Case: Fractal Design Define 7
  • HDD: 3X Seagate Exos X16 14TB in RAID 5
  • SSD: Inland Premium 512GB NVME, Sabrent 1TB NVME
  • Optical: BDXL WH14NS40 flashed to WH16NS60
  • PSU: Corsair CX450
  • Display: None
  • Cooling: Noctua NH-U14S
  • Keyboard/Mouse: None

NAS:

• Synology DS216J
  • 2x8TB WD Red NAS HDDs in RAID 1. 8TB usable space

5 minutes ago, DJ46 said:

Can you give me more information please? :) 

What AFAIK does mean?

8 minutes ago, LewdGeek said:

Can you give me more information please? :) 

What AFAIK does mean?

I didn't read much about it, but here's a link with more info: https://www.evga.com/support/stepup/

AFAIK = as far as I know

Just now, LewdGeek said:

OMG I LOVE YOU BRO 😢 

Don't thank me, thank EVGA (after you actually get a new GPU of course :D ), And maybe give Precision X another shot, I don't think I've ever heard any complaints about it.

If you don't care about RGB you should be able to use Msi Afterburner anyway if you really don't like EVGA's copy.

1 hour ago, LewdGeek said:

He’s got 2 computers and 3 GPU, but he’s not clear exactly on which he is keeping.  What he wants to do with the second computer becomes relevant.

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

59 minutes ago, DJ46 said:

Don't thank me, thank EVGA (after you actually get a new GPU of course :D ), And maybe give Precision X another shot, I don't think I've ever heard any complaints about it.

If you don't care about RGB you should be able to use Msi Afterburner anyway if you really don't like EVGA's copy.

Done bro I'm in the Queue for my EVGA GeForce RTX 3080 FTW3 ULTRA, You don't know how much I love you right now 😢

32 minutes ago, Bombastinator said:

He’s got 2 computers and 3 GPU, but he’s not clear exactly on which he is keeping.  What he wants to do with the second computer becomes relevant.

False, My second Computer goes to my dad to play World of Tank with the 1070 :) 

56 minutes ago, LewdGeek said:

False, My second Computer goes to my dad to play World of Tank with the 1070 :) 

Ah.  So this is about the 960 only.  I guess sell it for whatever you can get, which won’t be all that terribly much but won’t be nothing, or keep it as a testing backup in case you have a problem with one of the other machines and need it for diagnosis.  It can run older 1080p stuff ok.  If I wanted to sell it I’d try to sell it ASAP though.  There’s a good chance that after October it may not even be considered a 1080p  gaming card and its value may drop.