Similar lube to Krytox 1514?

LogicAngel

Hello everyone, i was looking on the web for a good lube to lube my Cherry Mx Reds. 

From what i saw Krytox 1514 was recommended for linear switches, but Krytox 1514 is sold out everywhere i look so i was just wondering if there is any other lube that is similar to the Krytox lube or better?

Krytox GPL 105g0 would be similar to VPF 1514 and both are oils. I would suggest using a grease to lube mx linear switches, a thin consistent coat of Krytox 203g0/Tribosys 3203 or Krytox 204g0/Tribosys 3204 would be good. For beginners 3203/203g0 is good as it is most forgiving. Remember to apply thin coats, less is more. 

40 minutes ago, b emoji said:

Krytox GPL 105g0 would be similar to VPF 1514 and both are oils. I would suggest using a grease to lube mx linear switches, a thin consistent coat of Krytox 203g0/Tribosys 3203 or Krytox 204g0/Tribosys 3204 would be good. For beginners 3203/203g0 is good as it is most forgiving. Remember to apply thin coats, less is more. 

Thanks for the tips, since im new to lubing i was thinking of getting the 203, but i just wanted to make sure i got the right type. Since the site doesnt mention grade 0 on it.

Is this what i should get?

image.thumb.png.9806d2c7fc1e72fef27bcc3ff19426bf.png

17 minutes ago, LogicAngel said:

Thanks for the tips, since im new to lubing i was thinking of getting the 203, but i just wanted to make sure i got the right type. Since the site doesnt mention grade 0 on it.

Is this what i should get?

image.thumb.png.9806d2c7fc1e72fef27bcc3ff19426bf.png

I'm not sure about that vendor specifically, but usually keyboard vendors have Grade 0. However, keep in mind not all Krytox are created equal, I would look for Tribosys 3203 instead as it's more consistent between different vendors.  

3 minutes ago, b emoji said:

I'm not sure about that vendor specifically, but usually keyboard vendors have Grade 0. However, keep in mind not all Krytox are created equal, I would look for Tribosys 3203 instead as it's more consistent between different vendors.  

Thanks for the tips, i found a new vendor that sells 3203 since i have a 80% keyboard will 2 ml be enough? 

image.thumb.png.d6d91ee090c5c1d7fabebcce3b7b2c7e.png