Weird connector inside a laptop

Hello! While opening up a laptop I found some empty space and it's about the size of an SSD (plus, it has mounting screw holes). I got excited thinking I could add more storage, but I could only find a connector, which doesn't look like a sata port. I don't have experience with laptops, so can you guys tell me what the port is for? If it's sata, how can I add an SSD?

20200916_184727.thumb.jpg.48d90faae090d3785557ed089965fe54.jpg

The laptop model is: Lenovo Y700 15ACZ

The small gray and white thingy? It's for a thin ribbon cable which things like touchpads and screens typically use.

Crystal: CPU: i7 7700K | Motherboard: Asus ROG Strix Z270F | RAM: GSkill 16 GB@3200MHz | GPU: Nvidia GTX 1080 Ti FE | Case: Corsair Crystal 570X (black) | PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 1000W | Monitor: Asus VG248QE 24"

Laptop: Dell XPS 13 9370 | CPU: i5 10510U | RAM: 16 GB

Server: CPU: i5 4690k | RAM: 16 GB | Case: Corsair Graphite 760T White | Storage: 19 TB

That does look a lot like the sata port lenovo uses. Usually when lenovo laptops have a hdd bay unused, they put the ribbon cable in a seperate bag inside the laptop box. Can't tell you more without laptop model or better pictures.

See if you can find this ribbon cable in the packaging:

Spoiler

a.jpg.d3bfea03c91f0965eb0a26864e85b3d8.jpg

@MkaiL nope, there isn't. The laptop has chipped edges, which indicates, that somebody must have used a screwdriver to force the back cover open. I just saw a video, in which there was an adapter like that and a mounting enclosure for the SSD, but there are no such things in the package. Should I call the seller and ask him to lower the price? He gave me 3 days to test it and I found other faults too, like a faulty battery, which seems to have lost quite large amount of it's original capacity.

P.S can you tell me the name of that adapter?

12 minutes ago, TechPioneer said:

@MkaiL nope, there isn't. The laptop has chipped edges, which indicates, that somebody must have used a screwdriver to force the back cover open. I just saw a video, in which there was an adapter like that and a mounting enclosure for the SSD, but there are no such things in the package. Should I call the seller and ask him to lower the price? He gave me 3 days to test it and I found other faults too, like a faulty battery, which seems to have lost quite large amount of it's original capacity.

P.S can you tell me the name of that adapter?

1st hit on ebay, there are more available

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Genuine-Lenovo-Y700-15ISK-Y700-17ISK-HDD-SSD-SATA-Connector-Cable-NBX0001GB10/303134339139?epid=690217654&hash=item469436f043:g:eKwAAOSwX4Bcv8Mr

EDIT:

I searched for Lenovo y700 sata cable

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me. 

17 minutes ago, TechPioneer said:

Off course I don't know what you payed for it and what they go for in your region so I can't tell you if you made a good purchase. But if the battery is on it's way out and the drive cage and cable are missing, those add up real quick to replace, so you might have to reconsider your purchase unless you got it for a really good price.