Asus TUF vs Msi Ventus

DeagleMaster

I know it's impossible to say without reviews, but which brand and sub brand has historically been the best choice, the ASUS  3080 TUF GAMING or the MSI 3080 VENTUS 3X? 

Don't go for brands. Even when previous Ventus or TUF models would have been good (which a lot of them were not!) we have NO way to know which one is better. As you cant even pre-order just wait for the reviews.

Latest example was the horribly bad RX 5700/5700XT from the TUF series.

If someone did not use reason to reach their conclusion in the first place, you cannot use reason to convince them otherwise.

Depends on the type of product itself, as it varies between. I once had to replace a ventus 2080 3 times because the fan kept shitting itself, and an asus tuf 5700 because it couldn't handle the heat.

I've also had 4 msi gaming x trio 2080 ti that kept failing within a week of ownership. and an asus rog strix 1070 that stopped working 5 months into ownership.

if you're gonna preorder, buy a warranty

CPU: Intel core i7-8086K Case: CORSAIR Crystal 570X RGB CPU Cooler: Corsair Hydro Series H150i PRO RGB Storage: Samsung 980 Pro - 2TB NVMe SSD PSU: EVGA 1000 GQ, 80+ GOLD 1000W, Semi Modular GPU: MSI Radeon RX 580 GAMING X 8G RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum 64GB (4 x 16GB) DDR4 3200mhz Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z370-E Gaming

11 minutes ago, Jumballi said:

Depends on the type of product itself, as it varies between. I once had to replace a ventus 2080 3 times because the fan kept shitting itself, and an asus tuf 5700 because it couldn't handle the heat.

I've also had 4 msi gaming x trio 2080 ti that kept failing within a week of ownership. and an asus rog strix 1070 that stopped working 5 months into ownership.

They both come with a 3 year warranty.

12 minutes ago, DeagleMaster said:

They both come with a 3 year warranty.

Asus outright refused to honor their warranty because somehow their card failing was my fault, it wasn't. And MSI, while not for a graphics card, have done the same for a motherboard twice for me and a friend.

I always keep buying the Best Buy warranty, because at least then I've got an idiot who doesn't know the first thing about tech support just giving me my money back and I can just swap to another card from another brand.

CPU: Intel core i7-8086K Case: CORSAIR Crystal 570X RGB CPU Cooler: Corsair Hydro Series H150i PRO RGB Storage: Samsung 980 Pro - 2TB NVMe SSD PSU: EVGA 1000 GQ, 80+ GOLD 1000W, Semi Modular GPU: MSI Radeon RX 580 GAMING X 8G RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum 64GB (4 x 16GB) DDR4 3200mhz Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z370-E Gaming

16 minutes ago, Jumballi said:

Asus outright refused to honor their warranty because somehow their card failing was my fault, it wasn't. And MSI, while not for a graphics card, have done the same for a motherboard twice for me and a friend.

I always keep buying the Best Buy warranty, because at least then I've got an idiot who doesn't know the first thing about tech support just giving me my money back and I can just swap to another card from another brand.

Luckily I live in Norway, where consumer protection is pretty robust. Just had a problem where the pump on my 4 year old water-cooler made a wierd sound. The online store I bought it at game me my money back without me even having to send it in. 

31 minutes ago, DeagleMaster said:

Luckily I live in Norway, where consumer protection is pretty robust. Just had a problem where the pump on my 4 year old water-cooler made a wierd sound. The online store I bought it at game me my money back without me even having to send it in. 

I've had no luck in both America and Germany

2 hours ago, Jumballi said:

That's insane. When did you get those cards? On release or shortly after?

MSI used to be my goto brand (born out by reviews) but their 20series nvidia and last AMD offerings were poor.

Brand loyalty is abused now .

We have an army of reviewers out there generating multisample data to genuinely assess the cards. 

Read the reviews and make a choice.

5 hours ago, Stahlmann98 said:

Don't go for brands.

Though if dealing with AMD, ASRock and Sapphire have an extremely solid reputation now. (both have impeccable customer service, and at least adequate hardware, with Sapphire usually having excellent cooling) Nvidia and Intel are a bit more nebulous on their reliability based on brand.

CPURyzen 7 5800X Cooler: Arctic Liquid Freezer II 120mm AIO with push-pull Arctic P12 PWM fans RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws V 4x8GB 3600 16-16-16-30

MotherboardASRock X570M Pro4 GPUASRock RX 5700 XT Reference with Eiswolf GPX-Pro 240 AIO Case: Antec P5 PSU: Rosewill Capstone 750M

Monitor: ASUS ROG Strix XG32VC Case Fans: 2x Arctic P12 PWM Storage: HP EX950 1TB NVMe, Mushkin Pilot-E 1TB NVMe, 2x Constellation ES 2TB in RAID1

https://hwbot.org/submission/4497882_btgbullseye_gpupi_v3.3___32b_radeon_rx_5700_xt_13min_37sec_848ms

4 hours ago, Nitroman said:

That's insane. When did you get those cards? On release or shortly after?

Over the course of these past 3 years