Xbox series x or upgrade PC?

Hey guys I have a Ryzen 7 2700, RTX 2060, 16gb ram, 500 w power supply and 500gb ssd / 1gb hd. I was wondering if a 1440p 144hz setup would be better than an Xbox series x. I understand the pc will have every xbox game and even the ps5 will have some exclusives ported. But I also have a 4k tv in my living room with no console. I am a full time student so I'm sure the 1440p will be easier on the eyes, online classes is a bunch of reading from a screen. So I just wanted anyone's opinion, would you upgrade if you had that setup or go for the series x? If so why? Thanks for the time and I will greatly appreciate a response

a new gpu and PSU is what i would do. Do you have 500$ for a xsx? do you want a console in your living room?

I could use some help with this!

please, pm me if you would like to contribute to my gpu bios database (includes overclocking bios, stock bios, and upgrades to gpus via modding)

Bios database

My beautiful, but not that powerful, main PC:

prior build:

Spoiler

Well you already own a pretty good PC, are you used to xbox etc have you played / owned other xboxes if not keep on PC and don’t buy an xbox series x, I would buy the series x even tho I have my PC I’m into the xbox franchise own multiple 360’s and a special edition xbox one s

Reminder⚠️

I'm just speaking from experience so what I say may not work 100%

Please try searching up the answer before you post here but I am always glad to help

I have 500 for a series x, but that's worth a pretty good card, obviously I would wait until the 3000 series or next AMD gpus

23 minutes ago, HelpfulTechWizard said:

a new gpu and PSU is what i would do.

"new PSU" but you don't know what exact PSU OP is using.

Desktop: Intel Core i9-9900K | ASUS Strix Z390-F | G.Skill Trident Z Neo 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 | EVGA GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER XC Ultra | Corsair RM650x | Fractal Design Define R6

Laptop: 2018 Apple MacBook Pro 13"  --  i5-8259U | 8GB LPDDR3 | 512GB NVMe

Peripherals: Leopold FC660C w/ Topre Silent 45g | Logitech MX Master 3 & Razer Basilisk X HyperSpeed | HIFIMAN HE400se & iFi ZEN DAC | Audio-Technica AT2020USB+

Display: Gigabyte G34WQC

4 minutes ago, Mateyyy said:

"new PSU" but you don't know what exact PSU OP is using.

Its a 500w. I was going off of nvidia's suggested numbers, with a minium suggested of 650w on 3070.

I could use some help with this!

please, pm me if you would like to contribute to my gpu bios database (includes overclocking bios, stock bios, and upgrades to gpus via modding)

Bios database

My beautiful, but not that powerful, main PC:

prior build:

Spoiler

47 minutes ago, ElPolloLoco561 said:

Hey guys I have a Ryzen 7 2700, RTX 2060, 16gb ram, 500 w power supply and 500gb ssd / 1gb hd. I was wondering if a 1440p 144hz setup would be better than an Xbox series x. I understand the pc will have every xbox game and even the ps5 will have some exclusives ported. But I also have a 4k tv in my living room with no console. I am a full time student so I'm sure the 1440p will be easier on the eyes, online classes is a bunch of reading from a screen. So I just wanted anyone's opinion, would you upgrade if you had that setup or go for the series x? If so why? Thanks for the time and I will greatly appreciate a response

What 500w psu is it? If it's good enough you may as well just be able to get a 3070.

14 minutes ago, HelpfulTechWizard said:

Its a 500w. I was going off of nvidia's suggested numbers, with a minium suggested of 650w on 3070.

"Recommended PSU" figures from manufacturers are and pretty much always have been inflated to account for people using time bombs in the place of power supplies.

On that note:

Spoiler

a7924e0fd345d2839773514c9bbb728a.thumb.png.dedf106d02cbedc09c9fa0b78d98bf40.png

If OP is using a decent 500W unit, like a be quiet! Pure Power 10/11 (since those are among the most popular nowadays that come in x00W rated outputs), and Nvidia's 220W figure for the 3070 is to be believed, then a 3070 would just be an easy drop-in upgrade.

Desktop: Intel Core i9-9900K | ASUS Strix Z390-F | G.Skill Trident Z Neo 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 | EVGA GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER XC Ultra | Corsair RM650x | Fractal Design Define R6

Laptop: 2018 Apple MacBook Pro 13"  --  i5-8259U | 8GB LPDDR3 | 512GB NVMe

Peripherals: Leopold FC660C w/ Topre Silent 45g | Logitech MX Master 3 & Razer Basilisk X HyperSpeed | HIFIMAN HE400se & iFi ZEN DAC | Audio-Technica AT2020USB+

Display: Gigabyte G34WQC