Plugging a PS2 directly into a PC?

creativename

Is there some kind of card where I can plug a PS2 directly into a PC? And then play on my monitor?

CPU: Intel Core i7 2600k | Mootherboard: ASUS P8z68v-Pro | GPU: EVGA GTX780Ti 3GB | RAM: Kingston HyperX Genesis 8GB (4GBx2) 1600mhz | PSU: Corsair AX760 | STORAGE: Samsung 840 Pro 512GB | COOLER: Noctua NH-C14 | CASE: Fractal Design Define R4 Pearl Black | Operating SystemWindows 7 Professional 64-bit |

Either a tuner card or a converter box that bridges composite to VGA

there is another way you can do it that only involves buying a PS2 controller adapter, but it's considered to reside in a morally grey area in many places  :ph34r:

(your computer can definitely handle this method, and graphics can even be supersampled)

Error: 410

just get a composite to vga connector and plug it into your monitor. http://www.ebay.com/itm/like/120974951963?lpid=82

i5 3570 | MSI GD-65 Gaming | OCZ Vertex 60gb ssd | WD Green 1TB HDD | NZXT Phantom | TP-Link Wifi card | H100 | 5850

“I snort instant coffee because it’s easier on my nose than cocaine"

ps2 doesnt have component...

RCA is component.

note that if you go the component route you will need to find some way to handle to audio as well. That can be done with stereo RCA to 3.5mm jack Y cable, plugged into an input in your computer and configured to "Listen to this device"

Is there some kind of card where I can plug a PS2 directly into a PC? And then play on my monitor?

What kind of mon...Oh, I read that wrong. I thought you said PS3 because I would've just said to plug an HDMI cord from your PS3 to the back of your display, if your monitor has an HDMI port, and then you would've been set. But in the PS2's case, yeah, some sort of capture card would be required. I have a PS2 myself but compared to my Sister's XBOX 360 the PS2 looks kinda rubbish in comparison and I don't play it at all. Twas kinda a waste of money. :(

ON A 7 MONTH BREAK FROM THESE LTT FORUMS. WILL BE BACK ON NOVEMBER 5th.

Advisor in the 'Displays' Sub-forum | Sony Vegas Pro Enthusiast & Advisor

Tech Tips Christian Fellowship Founder & Coordinator 

RCA is component.

note that if you go the component route you will need to find some way to handle to audio as well. That can be done with stereo RCA to 3.5mm jack Y cable, plugged into an input in your computer and configured to "Listen to this device"

ok what is the rwy cables called because im pretty sure thats all the ps2 outputs.

just get a composite to vga connector and plug it into your monitor. http://www.ebay.com/itm/like/120974951963?lpid=82

Heck! I didn't even know they existed. Do they even work?

ok what is the rwy cables called because im pretty sure thats all the ps2 outputs.

collectively component, video only is typically referred to as composite. Generically they can be called RCA cables. 

That is RCA/component.

red and white are L/R sound and the yellow is video

Aragorn (WS): 250D | 6800k | 840 Pro 512GB | Intel 530 480GB  | Asus X99-M WS | 64GB DDR4 | Corsair HX720i | GTX 1070 | Corsair H115i | Philips BDM4350UC 43" 3840x2160 IPS

Gimli (server):  Node 304 | G4560 | ADATA XPG SX8000 128GB | 2x 5TB WD Red | ASROCK H270M-ITX/AC  | 8GB DDR4 | Seasonic 400FL

Omega (server):                 Fractal Arc Mini R2 | i3 4130 | 500GB Maxtor | 2TB WD Red : Raid 1 | 3TB Seagate Barracuda | 16GB RAM | Seasonic G-450w
Alpha (WS): 900D | 4770k | GTX 780  | 840 Pro 512GB  | GA-Z87X-OC | Corsair RM 850 | 24GB 2400mhz | Samsung S27B970D 2560x1440

||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

Heck! I didn't even know they existed. Do they even work?

ya. they are just like any other adapter.

i5 3570 | MSI GD-65 Gaming | OCZ Vertex 60gb ssd | WD Green 1TB HDD | NZXT Phantom | TP-Link Wifi card | H100 | 5850

ya. they are just like any other adapter.

Hmm...interesting. :D

so, if I buy one of those, and then plug it into my monitors's HDMI port, and then hook speaker up to my monitor(it has an audio input) will sound work?

CPU: Intel Core i7 2600k | Mootherboard: ASUS P8z68v-Pro | GPU: EVGA GTX780Ti 3GB | RAM: Kingston HyperX Genesis 8GB (4GBx2) 1600mhz | PSU: Corsair AX760 | STORAGE: Samsung 840 Pro 512GB | COOLER: Noctua NH-C14 | CASE: Fractal Design Define R4 Pearl Black | Operating SystemWindows 7 Professional 64-bit |

collectively component, video only is typically referred to as composite. Generically they can be called RCA cables. 

That is RCA/component.

red and white are L/R sound and the yellow is video

isnt component blue green and red? which is for 720p or 1080i? which the ps2 does not output?

What kind of mon...Oh, I read that wrong. I thought you said PS3 because I would've just said to plug an HDMI cord from your PS3 to the back of your display, if your monitor has an HDMI port, and then you would've been set. But in the PS2's case, yeah, some sort of capture card would be required. I have a PS2 myself but compared to my Sister's XBOX 360 the PS2 looks kinda rubbish in comparison and I don't play it at all. Twas kinda a waste of money. :(

I love the PS2 more than my PS3, :P The only games I play on my PS3 are FF, KH, or Persona games. Everything else I play on computer, I just really like my PS2's game library.

isnt component blue green and red? which is for 720p or 1080i? which the ps2 does not output?

Same thing, they're just referred to as YPbPr

So much misinformation here. Composite = Yellow; Component = Red Green Blue. Audio for both is carried over a left and right RCA cable (red and white). Both are the same type of plug.

Spoiler

Gaming PC

• SSUPD Meshlicious White Full Mesh
  • Corsair SF650 Platinum
  • ASrock B550 Phantom Gaming ITX/ax (Won a giveaway from OptimumTech)
  • Ryzen 5 5600X w/ Scythe Big Shuriken 3
  • 2x8gb G.Skill Flare X @3200 CL14
  • PowerColor Gigabyte RX 6750 XT
  • Storage:
    • Samsung 970 Evo NVME
    • Samsung 860 Evo 2.5"
    • MyDigitalSSD BP4 250gb (mSATA inside 2.5" enclosure)
  • W11Pro
  • AOC C24G1 + Dell S2415H
  • Cheap CyerPower keyboard (Wooting 60HE coming later this year)
  • Glorious Model O Matte White
  • LTT Northern Lights DeskPad 1000mm x 500mm
  • FX Audio Dac-X6 + Monoprice Modern Retro + Fifine Studio Condenser Mic

Media Server

• Rosewill RSV-L4412U 12-bay hotswap
  • Unraid 6.9.2
  • Asrock B450 Steel Legend
  • Ryzen 5 3600
  • 2x8gb DDR4
  • LSI 9207-8I
  • 9x 2tb IronWolf • 2x 2tb WD Red • 1x 14tb WD Shucked White Label
  • MSI GTX 1050 Ti

I love the PS2 more than my PS3, :P The only games I play on my PS3 are FF, KH, or Persona games. Everything else I play on computer, I just really like my PS2's game library.

You know, you could just connect up your PS3 to your monitor via HDMI cable and play them on there. It'd be easier, less fuss and better clarity.

so, if I buy one of those, and then plug it into my monitors's HDMI port, and then hook speaker up to my monitor(it has an audio input) will sound work?

Yes.

You know, you could just connect up your PS3 to your monitor via HDMI cable and play them on there. It'd be easier, less fuss and better clarity.

I don't care for my ps3, I was asking for my ps2.

I don't care for my ps3, I was asking for my ps2.

What's wrong with your PS 3 (if you don't mind me asking)?

What's wrong with your PS 3 (if you don't mind me asking)?

it doesnt play ps2 games? ._.

it doesnt play ps2 games? ._.

Seriously? I thought it was backwards compatible. That's a shame. :(

No, VGA is all analogue and HDMI is all digital. The adapters for this do exist, but they can be quite expensive. As far as I know the PS2 doesn't have any digital outputs, so you would need to use the analogue or convert it. If your monitor has a VGA in you could use that cable to connect the component from the PS2 to the monitors VGA.

"PSU brands are meaningless, look up the OEM."