Sand down tubing thickness

mousesnob

I bought soft tube for some compression fittings. Turns out the fittings are for 10/13 and the tubing i bought is 10/16. Im not finding any tubing in stock in 10/13 that isnt expensive (and i cant retun the tubing). So im wondering if i could sand down the thickness at the end so it would fit my fittings.

Tldr:

Grind down tube wall at ends by 3mm so it fits my compression fittings.

11 minutes ago, James Evens said:

Can you return the fittings?

technically it is possible but buying proper fittings would be simpler and faster.

nope. i got all the watercooling parts working at a garbage dump this summer. Dont know brand or exact size of these fittings. theyre old and full of gunk

Could skip the extra work and just zipties them on the barb. Or get some triple barb fittings. 

Main RIg Corsair Air 540, I7 9900k, ASUS ROG Maximus XI Hero, G.Skill Ripjaws 3600 32GB, 3090FE, EVGA 1000G5, Acer Nitro XZ3 2560 x 1440@240hz 

Spare RIg Lian Li O11 AIR MINI, I7 4790K, Asus Maximus VI Extreme, G.Skill Ares 2400 32Gb, EVGA 1080ti, 1080sc 1070sc & 1060 SSC, EVGA 850GA, Acer KG251Q 1920x1080@240hz

11 hours ago, Lipe123 said:

I'm assuming you mean soft tubing right?

10/13 tubing is CHEAP, you can literally buy it at princess auto or other hardware stores.

https://www.princessauto.com/en/detail/3-8-in-clear-pvc-tubing-nsf/A-p8576266e

59cents/ft... just buy the right tube. Thats Canadian cents so in the US this will probably be 40cents/ft.

I live in norway and the hardware stores i checked didnt have it. I tried to grid it down but it was awful. I did not find no name tubing at any pc store. Although corsair had some tubing that was half the cost of EKs $30 soft tubing so i bought that

10 hours ago, James Evens said:

Clean them and replace the O-ring if needed or just replace the standard o-ring preemptively. 

Not totally sure how they work but most likely it would work or at least does not fail catastrophically if you somewhat carefully grind it down to make sure it stays round enough and thickness is within tolerances. With this kind of things there can't be any guarantee.

Yeah im gonna do that as swell as flush the rads when i get a 3070 under water.

3 hours ago, Mick Naughty said:

Could skip the extra work and just zipties them on the barb. Or get some triple barb fittings. 

The barb on these fittings arent as pronounced so i dont trust zipties 

6 hours ago, mousesnob said:

The barb on these fittings arent as pronounced so i dont trust zipties 

Still more than enough. I’d trust them more than sanding down every connection 

Main RIg Corsair Air 540, I7 9900k, ASUS ROG Maximus XI Hero, G.Skill Ripjaws 3600 32GB, 3090FE, EVGA 1000G5, Acer Nitro XZ3 2560 x 1440@240hz 

Spare RIg Lian Li O11 AIR MINI, I7 4790K, Asus Maximus VI Extreme, G.Skill Ares 2400 32Gb, EVGA 1080ti, 1080sc 1070sc & 1060 SSC, EVGA 850GA, Acer KG251Q 1920x1080@240hz