Why Is The Radeon VII Still Selling For So Much On eBay?

nick name

I've recently had reason to start looking at used Radeon VII prices and what I found confounds me.  Why does the Radeon VII sell for so much on eBay?  It seems they're selling for the same price as they did new, but for used specimens?  Does anyone know the reason why?  

Edit:

People have responded with useless answers.  I'm not asking why listed prices are high  . . . I'm asking why people are actually buying at such high prices.  These are SOLD prices I'm looking at.  Not simply listed prices.  

AMD Ryzen 5800XFractal Design S36 360 AIO w/6 Corsair SP120L fans  |  Asus Crosshair VII WiFi X470  |  G.SKILL TridentZ 4400CL19 2x8GB @ 3800MHz 14-14-14-14-30  |  EVGA 3080 FTW3 Hybrid  |  Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe 500GB - Boot Drive  |  Samsung 850 EVO SSD 1TB - Game Drive  |  Seagate 1TB HDD - Media Drive  |  EVGA 650 G3 PSU | Thermaltake Core P3 Case 

19 minutes ago, nick name said:

I've recently had reason to start looking at used Radeon VII prices and what I found confounds me.  Why does the Radeon VII sell for so much on eBay?  It seems they're selling for the same price as they did new, but for used specimens?  Does anyone know the reason why?  

Edit:

People have responded with useless answers.  I'm not asking why listed prices are high  . . . I'm asking why people are actually buying at such high prices.  These are SOLD prices I'm looking at.  Not simply listed prices.  

Because it can be used for things besides gaming and there were never very many of them to begin with.  They have 16gb of HBM which makes them the fastest cards that exists for some math applications.  Think of it this way: why do you want one?  You can’t be the only person in your position.

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

15 minutes ago, Bombastinator said:

Because it can be used for things besides gaming and there were never very many of them to begin with.  They have 16gb of HBM which makes them the fastest cards that exists for some math applications.  Think of it this way: why do you want one?  You can’t be the only person in your position.

I want one because I can get one cheaper than they're being sold for now and then I can re-sell the one I have a line on.  I don't wanna use it . . . I wanna re-sell it.  So I'm curious as to why the market is how it is because I don't wanna buy it to learn the market isn't actually as it appears. 

So if I could understand why people are still paying as much as they are for used cards then I'd feel more comfortable putting money into something and knowing I could get that money back.  

AMD Ryzen 5800XFractal Design S36 360 AIO w/6 Corsair SP120L fans  |  Asus Crosshair VII WiFi X470  |  G.SKILL TridentZ 4400CL19 2x8GB @ 3800MHz 14-14-14-14-30  |  EVGA 3080 FTW3 Hybrid  |  Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe 500GB - Boot Drive  |  Samsung 850 EVO SSD 1TB - Game Drive  |  Seagate 1TB HDD - Media Drive  |  EVGA 650 G3 PSU | Thermaltake Core P3 Case 

-= Topic cleaned =-

Poor behavior will not be tolerated including yourself OP.

Continuation of what was removed will result in warnings issued.

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

Reputation is a Lifetime to create but seconds to destroy.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "to teach is to learn"

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

<content removed>

But if I had to guess,

1) people might just be stupid like some said, you never know, it's not a very common card to have since the production time is less than a year, so the "rarity" might be a factor?

2) lots of vram for certain tasks

3) their math compute prowess might still be good for some

4) maybe they're still good for mining?

Edited by SansVarnic
Removed content.

-sigh- feeling like I'm being too negative lately

Just now, SansVarnic said:

-= Topic cleaned =-

Poor behavior will not be tolerated including yourself OP.

Continuation of what was removed will result in warnings issued.

Sorry and thank you.  

They haven't produced very many of them and it has a lot of video memory which can be extremely desirable for some developers and creators.

| CPU: Core i7-8700K @ 4.89ghz - 1.21v  Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z370-E GAMING  CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 |
| GPU: MSI RTX 3080Ti Ventus 3X OC  RAM: 32GB T-Force Delta RGB 3066mhz |
| Displays: Acer Predator XB270HU 1440p Gsync 144hz IPS Gaming monitor | Oculus Quest 2 VR

Deleted as per request

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

9 hours ago, Bombastinator said:

Ah. So you have no actual use for the device.  So you want to cheat someone and flip property. How nice.  Explains the potty mouth.

I actually messaged the person and told them my intentions because if they want to sell to someone that's going to use it then I'm not their buyer. 

I was half-way trying to police my potty mouth with abbreviations, but it was poor behavior on my part.  

And looking at benchmarks and other bits of info it does appear there is some basis for the price.  Especially when considering its strong likeness to Radeon Instinct cards and its strong memory performance.  

-=  Locked =-

Topic has run its course.

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

Reputation is a Lifetime to create but seconds to destroy.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "to teach is to learn"

CHRISTIAN MEMBER