best bass heavy settings on realtek hd audio eq?

ColdPressCoconutOil

hello!

i am using a system with realtek audio, and the hd audio manager has an equalizer that i can adjust to affect my sound output. it has a couple other dials that i havent seen on other equalizers, and i am confused as to what setting would give me the most punchy bass without drowning out the vocals and trebles from the songs i listen to. i think my pc's audio hardware is pretty lacking, since i get much cleaner and powerful bass from my phone and laptop.

i use a pair of Beats Mixr headphones, with a good quality aux cable and i mainly listen to hip-hop, rap, trap and edm songs, ones you would expect to have powerful bass. the bass preset on the equalizer is pretty bad, and i can barely enjoy the music playing.

can someone please help me configure these settings in order for me to get some nice bass?

thanks a bunch in advance :D

image.png.4208b662c221a84b2bed8d031fab89bc.png

😕

6 minutes ago, ColdPressCoconutOil said:

hello!

i am using a system with realtek audio, and the hd audio manager has an equalizer that i can adjust to affect my sound output. it has a couple other dials that i havent seen on other equalizers, and i am confused as to what setting would give me the most punchy bass without drowning out the vocals and trebles from the songs i listen to. i think my pc's audio hardware is pretty lacking, since i get much cleaner and powerful bass from my phone and laptop.

i use a pair of Beats Mixr headphones, with a good quality aux cable and i mainly listen to hip-hop, rap, trap and edm songs, ones you would expect to have powerful bass. the bass preset on the equalizer is pretty bad, and i can barely enjoy the music playing.

can someone please help me configure these settings in order for me to get some nice bass?

Just turn up the 31 and 62 hz frequencies a little bit. Maybe 125 as well.

PM or DM me if you have any questions about audio.

My PC specs & audio gear

CPU > Intel core i7 14700K, GPU > RTX 4070 ProArt, RAM > Corsair Vengeance DDR5 2x16gb 5600mhz, Motherboard > Asus ROG Strix B760-F, Storage > 1TB M.2  & 500GB M.2 Kingston, Cooling > H150i Elite, PSU > MSI A850GL

🎧Current Audio Setup🎧

Beyerdynamic Tygr 300 R w/ Dekoni Velour as daily driver

Soundblaster AE-9 Soundcard

AKG P420 Mic

Other peripherals

Keyboard > SteelSeries Apex Pro

Mouse > Steelseries Aerox 3 wireless

Mousepad > Pulsar ParaSpeed XXL

VR > Valve index kit

Read this post if you want a "gaming" headset ;)

On 9/13/2020 at 8:13 AM, ColdPressCoconutOil said:

hello!

If you pump up those lows on headphones using drivers that can't take the heat, the sound will be muddy. 

3 hours ago, HumdrumPenguin said:

If you pump up those lows on headphones using drivers that can't take the heat, the sound will be muddy. 

theyre pretty good headphones if im not wrong, the beats mixrs are apparently the best sounding headphones to have ever been made by beats. i get astounding sound quality when i plug into my phone or laptop, but the audio output when i plug into my pc is lacklustre.

😕

125-31 is bass area 31 being the lowest, 250 to 2k are more mid range, voice 250 low, 2k high.....4k - 16k are highs 16k being very high pitch
most

you might try a V the 500 and 1k stay there and the left and right side go up to a sort of V ....should give you nice bass with crisp highs without drowning out voice

-                                       -

-                               -

-                      -

-              -

-     -

then adjust from there

those headphones say they are 20Hz – 17kHz freq. so you should hear a difference with each slider