Should I improvise?

Go to solution Solved by TehDwonz,
7 minutes ago, epicomark said:

So I'm building a PC for the first time and I don't know if it's good to improvise your motherboard for a better GPU. I'm doing an AMD build. 

Should I get an A320 Motherboard rather than a B450 Board just for a better Graphics card?

What do you think? Let me know down below. 

Thanks for your time.

You could, and it'd be absolutely fine. However, there are some things you just shouldn't skimp on. 1) PSU, 2) Motherboard. Other things can be changed without too much hassle later on.

When you upgrade things in your PC, you don't want to have to swap the motherboard if you can avoid it. That money-saving a320 might do exactly what you want right now, but what about if/when you want to upgrade your CPU/RAM, or need faster storage? You don't want to find yourself needing to pay out again for a motherboard AND a new CPU.

PSU is for a different reason - mainly that it has the capability to take out most of your other components if it fails, so you want something reliable and stable under load.

So I'm building a PC for the first time and I don't know if it's good to improvise your motherboard for a better GPU. I'm doing an AMD build. 

Should I get an A320 Motherboard rather than a B450 Board just for a better Graphics card?

Thanks for your time.

It depends on how many featues you need from your motherboard (better power delivery for the CPU, more SATA ports, more USB ports, etc.). The B450 is newer as well.

For me personally, I would always go wtih a B450 over an A320.

Please mention or quote me if you want a response. :) 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

7 minutes ago, epicomark said:

Thanks for your time.

You could, and it'd be absolutely fine. However, there are some things you just shouldn't skimp on. 1) PSU, 2) Motherboard. Other things can be changed without too much hassle later on.

When you upgrade things in your PC, you don't want to have to swap the motherboard if you can avoid it. That money-saving a320 might do exactly what you want right now, but what about if/when you want to upgrade your CPU/RAM, or need faster storage? You don't want to find yourself needing to pay out again for a motherboard AND a new CPU.

PSU is for a different reason - mainly that it has the capability to take out most of your other components if it fails, so you want something reliable and stable under load.

10 hours ago, epicomark said:

what a320 board and what b450 board? what are you powering and budget?

PC: Motherboard: ASUS B550M TUF-Plus, CPU: Ryzen 3 3100, CPU Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34, GPU: GIGABYTE WindForce GTX1650S, RAM: HyperX Fury RGB 2x8GB 3200 CL16, Case, CoolerMaster MB311L ARGB, Boot Drive: 250GB MX500, Game Drive: WD Blue 1TB 7200RPM HDD.

Peripherals: GK61 (Optical Gateron Red) with Mistel White/Orange keycaps, Logitech G102 (Purple), BitWit Ensemble Grey Deskpad. 

Audio: Logitech G432, Moondrop Starfield, Mic: Razer Siren Mini (White).

Phone: Pixel 3a (Purple-ish).

Build Log: 

I personally wouldn't get an A320 board at all cost. Yes, it's probably okay to use with an APU or a Ryzen 3, but unlike a CPU or a GPU, a motherboard is something you can actually future-proof by getting a good one in the first place so you don't need to buy a better one should you want to upgrade the CPU. Especially considering the wide upgrade path provided by the AM4 platform, where you can move from a 4 core 4 thread to an 8 core 16 thread.

Main Rig :

Ryzen 7 2700X | Powercolor Red Devil RX 580 8 GB | Gigabyte AB350M Gaming 3 | 16 GB TeamGroup Elite 2400MHz | Samsung 750 EVO 240 GB | HGST 7200 RPM 1 TB | Seasonic M12II EVO | CoolerMaster Q300L | Dell U2518D | Dell P2217H | 

Laptop :

Thinkpad X230 | i5 3320M | 8 GB DDR3 | V-Gen 128 GB SSD |

36 minutes ago, lexusgamer05 said:

What CPU? If it's a Ryzen 3 or lower, A320 should be fine, although if you have the budget, go B450

You can't buy A520 yet, can you?

you can, but they don't seem worth it, compared to b450 boards