Help me build a pc

Sushunuchi

Budget (including currency): 800-1000 Us Dollars

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: Rainbow, Youtuber, Editing.

Other details (existing parts lists, whether any peripherals are needed, what you're upgrading from, when you're going to buy, what resolution and refresh rate you want to play at, etc): I can only buy stuff from Best Buy. Im buying pc parts on January next year and I specifically want a white case (if not I'll use any black case).

Though by January Zen 3, RDNA2 and maybe even Nvidia's 3060 will be out, so this and other parts lists from now will most likely be irrelevant by the time you actually intend on purchasing the components and putting the system together.

Desktop: Intel Core i9-9900K | ASUS Strix Z390-F | G.Skill Trident Z Neo 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 | EVGA GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER XC Ultra | Corsair RM650x | Fractal Design Define R6

Laptop: 2018 Apple MacBook Pro 13"  --  i5-8259U | 8GB LPDDR3 | 512GB NVMe

Peripherals: Leopold FC660C w/ Topre Silent 45g | Logitech MX Master 3 & Razer Basilisk X HyperSpeed | HIFIMAN HE400se & iFi ZEN DAC | Audio-Technica AT2020USB+

Display: Gigabyte G34WQC

8 minutes ago, Sushunuchi said:

Budget (including currency): 800-1000 Us Dollars

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: Rainbow, Youtuber, Editing.

Other details (existing parts lists, whether any peripherals are needed, what you're upgrading from, when you're going to buy, what resolution and refresh rate you want to play at, etc): I can only buy stuff from Best Buy. Im buying pc parts on January next year and I specifically want a white case (if not I'll use any black case).

I said Best Buy only Good sir.

3 minutes ago, Mateyyy said:

Though by January Zen 3, RDNA2 and maybe even Nvidia's 3060 will be out, so this and other parts lists from now will most likely be irrelevant by the time you actually intend on purchasing the components and putting the system together.

Why suck a good cpu with a midst gpu. The cpu almost costs as much as the gpu

5 minutes ago, BlazerBuddy said:

Why suck a good cpu with a midst gpu. The cpu almost costs as much as the gpu

Because OP's doing video editing and mostly playing R6S by the looks of things. Regardless, the 3600 is overpriced at the moment as retailers have gotten rid of stock, so it's not like you're fitting a 3070 in there anyway.

Desktop: Intel Core i9-9900K | ASUS Strix Z390-F | G.Skill Trident Z Neo 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 | EVGA GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER XC Ultra | Corsair RM650x | Fractal Design Define R6

Laptop: 2018 Apple MacBook Pro 13"  --  i5-8259U | 8GB LPDDR3 | 512GB NVMe

Peripherals: Leopold FC660C w/ Topre Silent 45g | Logitech MX Master 3 & Razer Basilisk X HyperSpeed | HIFIMAN HE400se & iFi ZEN DAC | Audio-Technica AT2020USB+

Display: Gigabyte G34WQC

41 minutes ago, Sushunuchi said:

Im buying pc parts on January next year

Well, consider asking again after the next Ryzen gen is out and testing has been done (after October). You'll also have new AMD GPUs to pick from in January 2021.

If you want to roughly plan it now, I'd go Ryzen 3600 at a minimum, but 3700X is my current "go to" CPU.

Pair that with a B550 board, or maybe if you can find an X570 at a good price, that'd be a solid option too (I use AsRock X570 Pro4 for the last few builds).

GPU is tricky, because the new 3000 series RTX cards are looking to be great value, and they haven't even announced anything lower than the 3070 yet. A 3060 or even 3050 card could well be an absolute bargain but still have great performance for your use case. You will know by January. For now, maybe a 1660 super? Or maybe AMD will surprise us in October?

PSU, try and get the best you can fit into the budget, and don't skimp on it. A good PSU will last, and with some headroom on the power, allow future upgrades for at least a few years. Go 500W or more, because the price/watt goes way up when you start buying lower power models these days. Start at 500/550, and if there is spare budget, consider bumping the PSU up to 600/650W before bumping up other parts. 

RAM, is quite flexible. Ideally something with a heat-spreader, but if you are not going to overclock ever, then you have some more options at a lower cost, without sacrificing quality. For a Ryzen though, try to get 3200MHz or higher memory speed, and equal or better than CL16. 

Storage, get a Gen 3 nvme for Windows and Applications, and because of budget perhaps some arrangement of spinning rust disks for the bulk video storage and a dedicated SSD for a scratch disk? That could be either a second nvme if the board has more than one M.2 slot, or a 2.5" SATA to save a few bucks (but nvme for better speed). Unless you edit 8K video, it's likely not worth getting a gen 4 nvme unless you find some fantastic deal where it's the same price as a gen 3 😜 

17 minutes ago, Sushunuchi said:

I said Best Buy only Good sir.

It's just a part list, with guide prices.

image.thumb.png.6926ee636c10e449920d492d5f6770c1.png

something like this maybe

but yeah as other have said new components are coming out so now is probably too early to be planning for january