Looking for substantial Upgrade over 6700k

Ramontes

Currently running 6700k in my system and am considering an upgrade. Not exactly looking for today's equivalent of the chip but something 30-40% faster than it. Use is still the same-Light streaming(Not a priority-But a nice option) Light rendering/Digital art programs and CPU Heavy/intensive games. Only considering the upgrade as I plan on selling my current setup or at least parts to my cousin who's looking for a PC and I'll just pay the difference for the newer components. Intel would be preferred but a ryzen alternative would be okay. I appreciate any suggestions and recommendations.

when do you need it?

Zen 3 announcement is october 8th, so it's launching sometime soon

but if you're looking to upgrade now, 10600k/10700k or 3600/3700x would be good replacements.

there are definitely pros and cons of each platform

price, pcie lanes (and generation), gaming perf for example.

-sigh- feeling like I'm being too negative lately

If possible, you could just wait for zen 3 to come out and check what it has to offer first and then decide which platform you'll move to. 

PC: Motherboard: ASUS B550M TUF-Plus, CPU: Ryzen 3 3100, CPU Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34, GPU: GIGABYTE WindForce GTX1650S, RAM: HyperX Fury RGB 2x8GB 3200 CL16, Case, CoolerMaster MB311L ARGB, Boot Drive: 250GB MX500, Game Drive: WD Blue 1TB 7200RPM HDD.

Peripherals: GK61 (Optical Gateron Red) with Mistel White/Orange keycaps, Logitech G102 (Purple), BitWit Ensemble Grey Deskpad. 

Audio: Logitech G432, Moondrop Starfield, Mic: Razer Siren Mini (White).

Phone: Pixel 3a (Purple-ish).

Build Log: 

waiting is not a big deal waiting on that new nvidia gpu to come out and might do the same with my gpu, recently upgraded to the 2070ti back in january and since cousin is planning 1080p figured i might as well sell mine and again pay the difference on the newer one since i play in 1440p will look into those options thank you @Moonzy just more curious about my options since i havent kept up with the newest tech

@TofuHaroto thanks I dont keep track of new announcements so waiting is definitely the best course of action, any problems with compatibility and major titles, programs, etc. w/ ryzen CPU's though? Id imagine not since they've been out for so long and updates to software has been released.

1 minute ago, Ramontes said:

any problems with compatibility and major titles, programs, etc. w/ ryzen CPU's though?

Not at all. Their GPU's still have driver issues tho.

I will recommend an NHu12s (or an NHd15 (maybe)) for your PC build. Quote or @ me @Prodigy_Smit for me to see your replies.

PSU Teir List | Howdy! A Windows Hello Alternative 

Desktop :

i7 8700 | Quadro P4000 8GB |  64gb 2933Mhz cl18 | 500 GB Samsung 960 Pro | 1tb SSD Samsung 850 evo

Laptop :

ASUS G14 | R9 5900hs | RTX 3060 | 16GB 3200Mhz | 1 TB SSD

8 minutes ago, Ramontes said:

any problems with compatibility and major titles, programs, etc. w/ ryzen CPU's though

No for the most part. 

Memory compatibility issues aren't really a thing anything and the imc is decent now. 

But yea other than early problems like the subpart imc with zen 1, it's over all good. 

PC: Motherboard: ASUS B550M TUF-Plus, CPU: Ryzen 3 3100, CPU Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34, GPU: GIGABYTE WindForce GTX1650S, RAM: HyperX Fury RGB 2x8GB 3200 CL16, Case, CoolerMaster MB311L ARGB, Boot Drive: 250GB MX500, Game Drive: WD Blue 1TB 7200RPM HDD.

Peripherals: GK61 (Optical Gateron Red) with Mistel White/Orange keycaps, Logitech G102 (Purple), BitWit Ensemble Grey Deskpad. 

Build Log: 

Just now, TofuHaroto said:

No for the most part. 

Memory compatibility issues aren't really a thing anything and the imc is decent now. 

But yea other than early problems like the subpart imc with zen 1, it's over all good. 

Speaking of memory, whats a good "standard" standard speed for ddr4. My ddr4 2133 ram is faulty so im looking to replace the sticks just dont know what speeds to get

10 hours ago, Ramontes said:

whats a good "standard" standard speed for ddr4. My ddr4 2133 ram is faulty so im looking to replace the sticks just dont know what speeds to get

a 3200 cl16/14 or a 3600 cl16 kit should do the job. 

Build Log: 

10 hours ago, Ramontes said:

just didnt know if paying the extra ~$50 was worth or not

depends on how much you value looks lol.

Build Log: