Double notification bug?

Go to solution Solved by colonel_mortis,
17 hours ago, HelpfulTechWizard said:

I posted replied to Eigenvektor, then closed the forum. At this point, i had no notifications. When I came back, I had a notification from Dizmo and Eigenvektor. When typing to Dizmo, I got another Eigenvektor reply notification. There was only 2 new comments in that time I was gone, and another comment did not appear when I got the reply notification. 

I wonder is this is caused by the multi-reply notification (Dizmo and Eigenvektor).

"x and y replied to" notifications don't exclude posts that you're notified about for other reasons, so I suspect the quote notification was just slightly late (it can take up to a minute sometimes) so was delivered after you saw the reply. 

Browser, version and OS:  Chrome, version 85.0.4183.83 on windows PC.

Steps to reproduce/what were you doing before it happened? 

I was typing a reply to @dizmo, and then posted it. Mid way throuh, a notification I had already gotten from @Eigenvektor came in again.

What happened? 

I got the notif 2x

What did you expect to happen?

To get it once.

Link to a page where it happened, if applicable: 

Screenshots of the issue, if applicable: 

587026104_Screenshot(20).thumb.png.604b1156e73e39014802e42fcba9d8c0.png

Any other relevant details:

n/a

If it's a cloudflare error, what was the ray ID from the bottom of the error page? N/A

I could use some help with this!

please, pm me if you would like to contribute to my gpu bios database (includes overclocking bios, stock bios, and upgrades to gpus via modding)

Bios database

My beautiful, but not that powerful, main PC:

prior build:

Spoiler

Did you miss that I replied in between your reply and that from dizmo? Pretty sure that's what the 2nd notification was for.

Remember to either quote or @mention others, so they are notified of your reply

Thats what the dual notification was, as I posted before dizmo.

please, pm me if you would like to contribute to my gpu bios database (includes overclocking bios, stock bios, and upgrades to gpus via modding)

Bios database

prior build:

Spoiler

I've had notification bell light up briefly (with the number of notif i havent read before i opened it on another tab) and disapear if I have more than 1 tab of the forum open, might be related?

-sigh- feeling like I'm being too negative lately

All of the notifications in your screenshot match up with posts, but they're all unread. 

Most likely here I think someone reacted to a post of yours multiple times (either changing or revoking their react), which sends then retracts the notification. That meant that the count went up, but the notification was gone when you opened the list. This can occasionally manifest in getting a browser notification about a notification that you already read, but it is only in the list once. 

HTTP/2 203

6 minutes ago, colonel_mortis said:

All of the notifications in your screenshot match up with posts, but they're all unread. 

Most likely here I think someone reacted to a post of yours multiple times (either changing or revoking their react), which sends then retracts the notification. That meant that the count went up, but the notification was gone when you opened the list. This can occasionally manifest in getting a browser notification about a notification that you already read, but it is only in the list once. 

I posted replied to Eigenvektor, then closed the forum. At this point, i had no notifications. When I came back, I had a notification from Dizmo and Eigenvektor. When typing to Dizmo, I got another Eigenvektor reply notification. There was only 2 new comments in that time I was gone, and another comment did not appear when I got the reply notification. 

I wonder is this is caused by the multi-reply notification (Dizmo and Eigenvektor).

Bios database

prior build:

Spoiler

17 hours ago, HelpfulTechWizard said:

"x and y replied to" notifications don't exclude posts that you're notified about for other reasons, so I suspect the quote notification was just slightly late (it can take up to a minute sometimes) so was delivered after you saw the reply. 

HTTP/2 203