Anyone had this? With the Win 10 2004 update?

Hazzy B

I have office 2007 installed, on this pc along with chrome and edge as the main browsers 

When I logged in after the update finished the passwords had all vanished. So we're unable to check social media and the emails. So yesterday my boss found the email passwords and I logged into social media. And all was working great yesterday.

Now today, logged in, and they have vanished again. Boss, has to come in to find the passwords avain. Not happy as was working from home today.

Was thinking has the update corrupted the password file? As a previous update made my personal laptop unusable, as i got the bitlocker prompt and I got the laptop 2nd hand from a pawn shop. 

How did passwords go missing? They're stored in the linked Google account on Chrome, and the linked Microsoft account on Edge. They shouldn't be able to go missing, or do you not log in? If that's the case I'd recommend a real password manager of some sort (dashlane, lastpass, bitwarden, the list goes on) so file corruption/file removal/whatever is happening doesn't cause everything to grind to a halt while you wait for your boss to come in.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Desktop:

Intel Core i7-11700K | Noctua NH-D15S chromax.black | ASUS ROG Strix Z590-E Gaming WiFi  | 32 GB G.SKILL TridentZ 3200 MHz | ASUS TUF Gaming RTX 3080 | 1TB Samsung 980 Pro M.2 PCIe 4.0 SSD | 2TB WD Blue M.2 SATA SSD | Seasonic Focus GX-850 Fractal Design Meshify C Windows 10 Pro

Laptop:

HP Omen 15 | AMD Ryzen 7 5800H | 16 GB 3200 MHz | Nvidia RTX 3060 | 1 TB WD Black PCIe 3.0 SSD | 512 GB Micron PCIe 3.0 SSD | Windows 11

26 minutes ago, BobVonBob said:

dashlane, lastpass, bitwarden, the list goes on

Google is just as much of a "real password manager" as the ones you mentioned.

I recommend Keepass instead.

I've had that Windows version for a few hours now and, thankfully, haven't had any issues related to passwords.

Hope it can be sorted, OP.

7 hours ago, Senzelian said:

Google is just as much of a "real password manager" as the ones you mentioned.

I recommend Keepass instead.

Those password managers have functions for use in an enterprise setting. Access control, groups with access to the shared logins (e.g. social media team), built-in cloud sync, etc.

Keepass is great, but you can't do those things easily with Keepass, not with the average employee's tech savvy, and they're all but necessary if you want to use a password manager in a company.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Desktop:

Intel Core i7-11700K | Noctua NH-D15S chromax.black | ASUS ROG Strix Z590-E Gaming WiFi  | 32 GB G.SKILL TridentZ 3200 MHz | ASUS TUF Gaming RTX 3080 | 1TB Samsung 980 Pro M.2 PCIe 4.0 SSD | 2TB WD Blue M.2 SATA SSD | Seasonic Focus GX-850 Fractal Design Meshify C Windows 10 Pro

Laptop:

HP Omen 15 | AMD Ryzen 7 5800H | 16 GB 3200 MHz | Nvidia RTX 3060 | 1 TB WD Black PCIe 3.0 SSD | 512 GB Micron PCIe 3.0 SSD | Windows 11

29 minutes ago, BobVonBob said:

Those password managers have functions for use in an enterprise setting. Access control, groups with access to the shared logins (e.g. social media team), built-in cloud sync, etc.

Keepass is great, but you can't do those things easily with Keepass, not with the average employee's tech savvy, and they're all but necessary if you want to use a password manager in a company.

We use a password manager in our company and it's Keepass.
We don't have the need for any of the features you mentioned.

no idea, when i open outolok it prompts for the email passwords.

there are 2 accounts added.

I have had no issues at all with passwords since my workstation updated to 2004 last week.  I use Password Safe to manage passwords as it has been ported to Android OS so I can use it on both my phone and tablet as well.

Workstation PC Specs: CPU - i7 8700K; MoBo - ASUS TUF Z390; RAM - 32GB Crucial; GPU - Gigabyte RTX 1660 Super; PSU - SeaSonic Focus GX 650; Storage - 500GB Samsung EVO, 3x2TB WD HDD;  Case - Fractal Designs R6; OS - Win10