Will I be able to use the RTX 3080 with my setup?

MusicrazyTony90

Hi will I be able to use the new RTX 3080 and be able to do 4K 60fps with Max Settings on my current(and old lol) build?

spacer.png

The card will function in your setup just fine. As for playing games at 4K60 it's going to depend on the game, but most games become more GPU-bound as resolution increases anyways. The 5930K is still a reasonably capable chip despite its' age (so long as you overclock it a bit, it is still 22nm Intel after all.)

Main Rig: CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) KLEVV CRAS XR RGB DDR4-3600 | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550I AORUS PRO AX | Storage: 512GB SKHynix PC401, 1TB Samsung 970 EVO Plus, 2x Micron 1100 256GB SATA SSDs | GPU: EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra 10GB | Cooling: ThermalTake Floe 280mm w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 3 | Case: Sliger SM580 (Black) | PSU: Lian Li SP 850W

Server: CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 3100 | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) Crucial DDR4 Pro | Motherboard: ASUS PRIME B550-PLUS AC-HES | Storage: 128GB Samsung PM961, 4TB Seagate IronWolf | GPU: AMD FirePro WX 3100 | Cooling: EK-AIO Elite 360 D-RGB | Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow (White) | PSU: Seasonic Focus GM-850

Miscellaneous: Dell Optiplex 7060 Micro (i5-8500T/16GB/512GB), Lenovo ThinkCentre M715q Tiny (R5 2400GE/16GB/256GB), Dell Optiplex 7040 SFF (i5-6400/8GB/128GB)

15 minutes ago, TheSLSAMG said:

it is still 22nm Intel after all.

Only one process node behind!

QUOTE/TAG ME WHEN REPLYING

Spend As Much Time Writing Your Question As You Want Me To Spend Responding To It.

If I'm wrong, please point it out. I'm always learning & I won't bite.

Desktop:

Delidded Core i7 4770K - GTX 1070 ROG Strix - 16GB DDR3 - Lots of RGB lights I never change

Laptop:

HP Spectre X360 - i7 8560U - MX150 - 2TB SSD - 16GB DDR4

25 minutes ago, lexusgamer05 said:

I would probably upgrade first

Hi if I may ask what you be the most important part to upgrade in my build to achieve 4k60fps Max Settings on newer games?

2 minutes ago, MusicrazyTony90 said:

Hi if I may ask what you be the most important part to upgrade in my build to achieve 4k60fps Max Settings on newer games?

Most games are GPU intensive so obviously the 3080 you want to upgrade to will be the most important. 

1 minute ago, vortextech77 said:

Most games are GPU intensive so obviously the 3080 you want to upgrade to will be the most important. 

Sorry I should've been more descriptive I meant outside the graphics card.

1 minute ago, MusicrazyTony90 said:

The CPU would be important to prevent bottlenecking.

12 hours ago, MusicrazyTony90 said:

Your motherboard is restricting your upgrade path and your RAM is running at a low speed, to say nothing of the CPU itself bottlenecking you.

My dude, I think it's time to upgrade your whole system. You're five generations behind.image.png.8ee0b74861b7f2b02bf79d8db023a76e.png