Should I replace my hdd. What does this mean.

Mr.Hdd

I don't get what this is supposed to mean but I have a feeling that it's not good. Anyone explain?

15996224662712493385094432249593.jpg

3 minutes ago, Mr.Hdd said:

I don't get what this is supposed

What part of the screen are you referring to?

Hand, n. A singular instrument worn at the end of the human arm and commonly thrust into somebody’s pocket.

1 minute ago, WereCatf said:

What part of the screen are you referring to?

The bottom. Read error rate and below. The values. Are they bad? Should my hdd be replaced

1 minute ago, Mr.Hdd said:

The bottom. Read error rate and below. The values. Are they bad? Should my hdd be replaced

No. Look at the RAW-column: it says 0 for read-error rates, reallocated sectors and spin retries -- there's nothing wrong.

Hand, n. A singular instrument worn at the end of the human arm and commonly thrust into somebody’s pocket.

Nothing looks wrong to me. 

Main System: Phobos

AMD Ryzen 7 2700 (8C/16T), ASRock B450 Steel Legend, 16GB G.SKILL Aegis DDR4 3000MHz, AMD Radeon RX 570 4GB (XFX), 960GB Crucial M500, 2TB Seagate BarraCuda, Windows 10 Pro for Workstations/macOS Catalina

Secondary System: York

Intel Core i7-2600 (4C/8T), ASUS P8Z68-V/GEN3, 16GB GEIL Enhance Corsa DDR3 1600MHz, Zotac GeForce GTX 550 Ti 1GB, 240GB ADATA Ultimate SU650, Windows 10 Pro for Workstations

Older File Server: Yet to be named

Intel Pentium 4 HT (1C/2T), Intel D865GBF, 3GB DDR 400MHz, ATI Radeon HD 4650 1GB (HIS), 80GB WD Caviar, 320GB Hitachi Deskstar, Windows XP Pro SP3, Windows Server 2003 R2

Weird. My hdd always gets to 100% usage when I run chrome the first time or anything in general

Weird. My hdd always gets to 100% usage when I run chrome the first time or anything in general

That's because it's an HDD and not an SSD.

1 minute ago, WereCatf said:

That's because it's an HDD and not an SSD

So it's perfectly fine? Games load slow. Sometimes pc gets useless because I run visual studio. It's just the part of hdd? If so recommend me a decent SSD I can't take this torture

2 minutes ago, Mr.Hdd said:

So it's perfectly fine? Games load slow. Sometimes pc gets useless because I run visual studio. It's just the part of hdd? If so recommend me a decent SSD I can't take this torture

Having an OS running on an HDD is a horrible experience nowadays.

What are the rest of your system specs?

QUOTE/TAG ME WHEN REPLYING

Spend As Much Time Writing Your Question As You Want Me To Spend Responding To It.

If I'm wrong, please point it out. I'm always learning & I won't bite.

Desktop:

Delidded Core i7 4770K - GTX 1070 ROG Strix - 16GB DDR3 - Lots of RGB lights I never change

Laptop:

HP Spectre X360 - i7 8560U - MX150 - 2TB SSD - 16GB DDR4

Just now, Mr.Hdd said:

So it's perfectly fine? Games load slow. Sometimes pc gets useless because I run visual studio. It's just the part of hdd?

You've literally never heard of anyone telling you that HDDs are slow? Well, HDDs are slow. That's just how they are. Chrome, Visual Studio etc. are all handle lots of small files and HDDs are especially bad with small files.

2 minutes ago, Mr.Hdd said:

If so recommend me a decent SSD I can't take this torture

I don't have any specific recommendations. Quite literally any SSD is going to be a big upgrade over an HDD. Just buy something.

Just now, WereCatf said:

I don't have any specific recommendations. Quite literally any SSD is going to be a big upgrade over an HDD. Just buy something.

Yes, but some SSDs are better than others, especially DRAM-less SSDs compared to ones with DRAM (or at least those newer ones that can use system RAM instead of onboard RAM)

Spend As Much Time Writing Your Question As You Want Me To Spend Responding To It.

Desktop:

Delidded Core i7 4770K - GTX 1070 ROG Strix - 16GB DDR3 - Lots of RGB lights I never change

Laptop:

@Mr.Hdd check out this list:

Just don't get the bottom tier, anything other than that is fine.

Desktop:

Laptop:

Just now, RadiatingLight said:

Yes, but some SSDs are better than others, especially DRAM-less SSDs compared to ones with DRAM (or at least those newer ones that can use system RAM instead of onboard RAM)

Of course there are better and worse ones, that's pointless to say. That applies to quite literally everything. The point stands: even DRAM-less drives are better than HDDs.

2 minutes ago, WereCatf said:

Of course there are better and worse ones, that's pointless to say. That applies to quite literally everything. The point stands: even DRAM-less drives are better than HDDs.

Yes of course, it's like telling someone with a bike to buy a car. Any car will be leagues better than the bike (assuming we're talking about something like a long commute), but they should still consider what type of car to buy.

If there's an SSD with a DRAM cache for $5 more, it's worth spending the extra, so he should know that.

Desktop:

Laptop:

6 minutes ago, RadiatingLight said:

Having an OS running on an HDD is a horrible experience nowadays.

What are the rest of your system specs?

Gtx 1060 3gb 

Intel i5

8gb ram

Gtx 1060 3gb 

Intel i5

8gb ram

That HDD is just a storage drive right? Not a boot drive? Because a HDD would be holding back pretty much any platform released in the past decade. And probably a few years further than that. 

Intel® Core™ i7-12700 | GIGABYTE B660 AORUS MASTER DDR4 | Gigabyte Radeon™ RX 6650 XT Gaming OC | 32GB Corsair Vengeance® RGB Pro SL DDR4 | Samsung 990 Pro 1TB | WD Green 1.5TB | Windows 11 Pro | NZXT H510 Flow White
Sony MDR-V250 | GNT-500 | Logitech G610 Orion Brown | Logitech G402 | Samsung C27JG5 | ASUS ProArt PA238QR
iPhone 12 Mini (iOS 17.2.1) | iPhone XR (iOS 17.2.1) | iPad Mini (iOS 9.3.5) | KZ AZ09 Pro x KZ ZSN Pro X | Sennheiser HD450bt
Intel® Core™ i7-1265U | Kioxia KBG50ZNV512G | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Enterprise | HP EliteBook 650 G9
Intel® Core™ i5-8520U | WD Blue M.2 250GB | 1TB Seagate FireCuda | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Home | ASUS Vivobook 15 
Intel® Core™ i7-3520M | GT 630M | 16 GB Corsair Vengeance® DDR3 |
Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | macOS Catalina | Lenovo IdeaPad P580

3 minutes ago, BlueChinchillaEatingDorito said:

That HDD is just a storage drive right? Not a boot drive? Because a HDD would be holding back pretty much any platform released in the past decade. And probably a few years further than that. 

Uh. It's the boot device

18 minutes ago, Mr.Hdd said:

Uh. It's the boot device

Yeah get an SSD real quick, it'll solve all your problems.

Anything tier D or above should be great

Desktop:

Laptop:

It's a given that you need to get a SSD, that's understood.  The next question is how big of a SSD.  Considering the size of your HHD, I would start with at least a 1Tb SSD.  And if your mobo supports it, a 1Tb Samsung 970 Evo Plus M.2/NVME drive.