HELP WITH KEYBOARD

ChrisElitz
Go to solution Solved by ChrisElitz,
On 9/12/2020 at 1:34 AM, sowon said:

Please stop tagging me.

Why have you done every single thing I advised you not to do? You're far too impatient to solve your problems...

im sorry. i actually fixed it already. i just bought another switch and done

so i have a gigaware k880 but one of the switches were pushed down (it won`t go backup very high but when i press it, it works) so i just wanna ask if my keyboard switch would be hot swappable with Kaihl pro purple (in the img) i know that my keyboard is hot swappable i already tried removing the switch.
i just wanna make sure that my switch is just the same with Kaihl pro purple so that it would work, i mean i just wanna make sure that it`s compatible with my keyboard (gigaware k880)
the picture with arrow is my switch with the problem, and the screen shot of the website is the website of the switch i am supposed to buy ( https://novelkeys.xyz/products/kailh-pro-switches - link) 
and is it compatible with my key cap? i only have to replace 1 switch only..
PLS ANSWER MY QUESTION THANK YOU

118957111_1512272052286103_4951096974591856534_n.jpg

119031130_1710621282458461_1923049933332461431_n.jpg

119059641_929557187565143_5403364004504785063_n.jpg

119056081_325881428624897_6057721749341061621_n.jpg

119003663_345003723351500_1173930517746512350_n.jpg

118995556_2773074502982077_9132473210767721645_n.jpg

19 minutes ago, ChrisElitz said:

i just wanna make sure that my switch is just the same with Kaihl pro purple so that it would work, i mean i just wanna make sure that it`s compatible with my keyboard (gigaware k880)

Can you please show a photo the bottom of your blue switch?

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

Assuming that the switches inside your keyboard right now are from Outemu... Simple answer, yes, but it's very difficult to install new switches.

The reason being, Outemu switches' contact legs and PCB sockets are much thinner than standard MX-style switches such as the Kailh Pro you've shown interest in.

While possible, you might have a rough time trying to securely get the new switches in. It's really your own choice if you think it's worth the hassle.

Also, yes the Kailh Pro switch would be compatible with your keycap due to both switches using the standard MX-style keycap stem.

A bit of advice if you want to save money, get yourself a small flat-head screwdriver to attempt to pry open the 'broken' Blue switch, you can probably fix it yourself if you're brave enough, because by the sounds of things, it just seems like the stem is stuck and just needs a wiggle to get out.

mechanical keyboard switches aficionado & hi-fi audio enthusiast

switch reviews  how i lube mx-style keyboard switches

10 hours ago, sowon said:

Assuming that the switches inside your keyboard right now are from Outemu... Simple answer, yes, but it's very difficult to install new switches.

The reason being, Outemu switches' contact legs and PCB sockets are much thinner than standard MX-style switches such as the Kailh Pro you've shown interest in.

While possible, you might have a rough time trying to securely get the new switches in. It's really your own choice if you think it's worth the hassle.

Also, yes the Kailh Pro switch would be compatible with your keycap due to both switches using the standard MX-style keycap stem.

A bit of advice if you want to save money, get yourself a small flat-head screwdriver to attempt to pry open the 'broken' Blue switch, you can probably fix it yourself if you're brave enough, because by the sounds of things, it just seems like the stem is stuck and just needs a wiggle to get out.

ok so what should i do? can you pls give me a step by step instruction, imma try what ur trying to say because im on a budget rn

Now it looked much  worsed  than before, i tried opening it but after  returning  i have to press it very hard for it to detect the press and the blue thingy is deeper  than before

IMG20200909092049.jpg

ok now the 1 pin is broken tried using soldering iron but didnt work so i have to buy a new one, would the kaihl pro purple work?

8 hours ago, sowon said:

What in holy hell did you do???????????? Why so impatient?

i tried putting it back, i was able to remove and install other switches and it went smoothly, when i tried to return the last switch i accidentally placed it a bit turned so when i pushed down the pin bent

8 hours ago, sowon said:

anyways im gonna buy single piece of switch and the seller said Kailh pro purple wont workk with me i need optical ones

9 hours ago, sowon said:

i tried opening the inside of the switch using a cutter to lift the sides, tried wiggling  the blue one but iit did not fix the problem, why do you think so?

So planning to buy  this one, this is 90php/1.85usd for 2 pcs  im trying to get the cheapest as possible,  the  item has good  reviews.

received_681925619200809.jpeg

@sowon hello i already bought the kailh pro purple switch (2pcs) umm i asked some people ablout my keyboard what switch i should buy and yeah they said that kailh pro purple switch is ok.... so yeah i bought 2 pieces any tips how to install properly?

i might break it again

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/12/2020 at 1:34 AM, sowon said:

Please stop tagging me.

Why have you done every single thing I advised you not to do? You're far too impatient to solve your problems...

im sorry. i actually fixed it already. i just bought another switch and done