Anyone made it to Global Elite in CS:GO in 60hz?

reka

Heyo, I've been playing CS for 4 years now, a year ago I switched to 144hz and I've gotten to global today, so I wondered if anyone has ever reached global on 60hz recently, since most average players transitioned to more modern equipment it must be way harder now. I was around DMG when I had 60hz.

Yes, back in 2014/2015. Then got to SMFC when I started playing again this year and happened to hit GE again when I upgraded to a 240Hz. I only used 60Hz prior to it.

Desktop: Intel Core i9-9900K | ASUS Strix Z390-F | G.Skill Trident Z Neo 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 | EVGA GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER XC Ultra | Corsair RM650x | Fractal Design Define R6

Laptop: 2018 Apple MacBook Pro 13"  --  i5-8259U | 8GB LPDDR3 | 512GB NVMe

Peripherals: Leopold FC660C w/ Topre Silent 45g | Logitech MX Master 3 & Razer Basilisk X HyperSpeed | HIFIMAN HE400se & iFi ZEN DAC | Audio-Technica AT2020USB+

Display: Gigabyte G34WQC

2 minutes ago, Mateyyy said:

Yes, back in 2014/2015. Then got to SMFC when I started playing again this year and happened to hit GE again when I upgraded to a 240Hz. I only used 60Hz prior to it.

Yeah man, I think it was before the rank shift though, am I right? I was kinda wondering if anyone made it around there recently, since most people play with >120hz monitors, and reaction time is increased for 60hz monitors

28 minutes ago, reka said:

Yeah man, I think it was before the rank shift though, am I right? I was kinda wondering if anyone made it around there recently, since most people play with >120hz monitors, and reaction time is increased for 60hz monitors

I also got to GE a couple of years ago using 60 hz. It is definately possible to do so. Buying a 120+ hz monitor wont magically just make you better. It will definately make the game feel more smooth and more pleasing. But if you are used to 60hz right now. There is nothing stopping you from reaching GE

50 minutes ago, reka said:

Idk I feel like GE was way better back then lol, now I think LEM's the most stacked

Desktop: Intel Core i9-9900K | ASUS Strix Z390-F | G.Skill Trident Z Neo 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 | EVGA GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER XC Ultra | Corsair RM650x | Fractal Design Define R6

Peripherals: Leopold FC660C w/ Topre Silent 45g | Logitech MX Master 3 & Razer Basilisk X HyperSpeed | HIFIMAN HE400se & iFi ZEN DAC | Audio-Technica AT2020USB+

43 minutes ago, Mateyyy said:

Idk I feel like GE was way better back then lol, now I think LEM's the most stacked

Yeah GE was way better back in the days. I think it's due to the fact that most ppl that are serious in this game isn't playing MM, they are playing either Faceit or ESEA or something similar. It might just be that I used to play on a very high lvl and it's not really reflective on the true skills of todays GE but when I play MM nowdays I feel like they are as good as like MGE or DMG of old.

3 minutes ago, WhondFreak said:

Yeah GE was way better back in the days. I think it's due to the fact that most ppl that are serious in this game isn't playing MM, they are playing either Faceit or ESEA or something similar. It might just be that I used to play on a very high lvl and it's not really reflective on the true skills of todays GE but when I play MM nowdays I feel like they are as good as like MGE or DMG of old.

Yeah I mean, I'm not even close to being as I was back in the day and GE really didn't feel that challenging now. Or at least the opponents - getting useless teammates can be challenging.

Just now, Mateyyy said:

Yeah I mean, I'm not even close to being as I was back in the day and GE really isn't that challenging. Or at least the opponents - getting useless teammates can be challenging.

I hear you. I did try out some lvl 10 faceit matches a few months ago. There you can run into some pretty scary ppl. I could still hold my own. But I am way off from when I were in my prime.