Intel i5-8400

Gigabyte H370N-WIFI

Asus GTX1070

Silverstone SX500-LG

Cryorig C7

Hyper X 2 x 16 2666 Mhz

Adata XPG SX8200 PRO 2 TB x 2

Node 202

Hey guys, this morning I just installed the 2 nvme above replacing my WD Green 240 GB (OS) and Seagate SSHD 1 TB (ETC). New fresh Windows was also installed on 1 of the nvme. I ran into 2 issues. 

First, does it take really couple of tries to turn on the system? I was cleaning my PC before installing the nvmes so after cleaning, installed both nvme then windows on 1 of them. It takes a couple of tries to turn on the system, swapped both sticks around and even clearing CMOS. My WD GREEN doesn't have any issues booting up, just 1 press of ON button and then straight on. Don't know if this is hardware erlated or software related.

Second, I'm not sure whether this is tie into the first but NEW drive should have total host reads and total host writes be 0 or at least less than 1000 GB right? After getting into windows and setting up everything, I launch crystaldiskinfo to check and the numbers are just so damn high. Even my Sandisk SSD doesn't write that high.  I went to the shop that sell the nvme in the afternoon and they check I was the first buyer. From the supplier, it went to their branches and I was the first customer that bought it. They said this isn't claimable on the warranty side since only software related ( blue screen, unreadable, corrupt, etc) can be claimed, not hardware issue. Got 3 years on this nvme, so lets hope it lasts. With these 2 problem, I'm feeling 50/50 about installing all my games and transferring my series/movies. If it corrupts, all gone.

Need your suggestion on this. ThanksCrystalDiskInfo_20200906160205.png.0f579fbfae361641aded4c9bff28a59a.pngCrystalDiskInfo_20200906160211.png.7493620e6fd17428bab75a08640d558a.png

10 minutes ago, Ashy2874 said:

First, does it take really couple of tries to turn on the system?

My system powers up and powers down once before starting, I’m sorry but that’s all I can help you with

1 minute ago, wt_dude said:

My system powers up and powers down once before starting, I’m sorry but that’s all I can help you with

I meant by that, I have to turn off the psu switch cuz if not, there is no display. You are using nvme as well?

Just now, Ashy2874 said:

You are using nvme as well?

Yes

1 minute ago, Ashy2874 said:

I meant by that, I have to turn off the psu switch cuz if not, there is no display

Now this seems like a problem as this could be many things not just the ssd

4 hours ago, wt_dude said:

Yes

Now this seems like a problem as this could be many things not just the ssd

Ok seemed like I solved to spamming on issue. Did a clean install of windows and installed programs 1 by 1 instead of going 2 at the same time as first try. It probably had issue cuz of that. The second issue, well I can't do much until wait for it to die by itself, so I have to backup all files on PC unless I don't need it anymore. Hopefully it will stay alive at least till end of year