i7 9700k vs i7 10700F which one is better for gaming?

12 minutes ago, Chris Redfield said:

So you suggesting 9700K over 10700F?

I just don't want to buy new CPU for next 4-5 years because it lack of threads.

This is dilemma-either higher frequency and less threads or more threads and lower frequency.If I look for performance and future gaming,what would you chose?

I'd shell the money out for a 10600K and overclock it honestly. I wouldn't choose either of these cpus. (9700K 10700F)

17 minutes ago, Mister Woof said:

If you overclock and only game, the 9700k is better, as i already sated.

Some games and some apps will benefit from hyperthreading.

You can't do anything to make the 9700k grow Hyperthreading, but you CAN make the 10700 effectively boost almost as high as a stock 9700k by modifying the power limits and even doing some BCLK overclocking.

Up to you.

I just can't decide,I literally spent 7  hours today by  doing research and I can't decide what is better for future games-more threads and hyperthreading or higher frequency and overclocking with 8 threads less.

If I choose 9700K I will probably have to buy new CPU sooner which I certainly don't want to.

If I choose 10700F I will have more threads for future,but I'll lack in frequency power.

I really don't know what to choose.

I even thinking about i5 10600k,which has good frequency and can be OCd,plus it has 12 thread which is fine,but 6 cores would be problem in future.

7 minutes ago, lee32uk said:

Do not buy a 2080 ti. The RTX 3070 will have similar performance for less money. 

If you plan on 1440p or 4K then I would go with a Ryzen cpu as you are more gpu bound at higher resolutions, especially 4K.

Thanks for the tip,I won't be buying new GPU for at least 4 years.

I never liked AMD to be honest and almost every game I played was ''made'' for Intel,plus I heard it's better to pair intel and Nvidia.

21 minutes ago, ShrimpBrime said:

I'd shell the money out for a 10600K and overclock it honestly. I wouldn't choose either of these cpus. (9700K 10700F)

But wouldn't 6 cores be insufficient in 4-5 years?

7 minutes ago, Chris Redfield said:

No way to know. Probably not, if just gaming, if you look at historical trends.

I personally usually buy a little bit more than I need, and mainly since I've already owned a 5ghz 10600k for 3 years already I would have to have a larger uplift to make it meaningful, even if it is just lateral growth.

Before you reply to my post, REFRESH. 99.99% chance I edited my post. 

My System: i7-13700KF // Corsair iCUE H150i Elite Capellix // MSI MPG Z690 Edge Wifi // 32GB DDR5 G. SKILL RIPJAWS S5 6000 CL32 // Nvidia RTX 4070 Super FE // Corsair 5000D Airflow // Corsair SP120 RGB Pro x7 // Seasonic Focus Plus Gold 850w //1TB ADATA XPG SX8200 Pro/1TB Teamgroup MP33/2TB Seagate 7200RPM Hard Drive // Displays: LG Ultragear 32GP83B x2 // Royal Kludge RK100 // Logitech G Pro X Superlight // Sennheiser DROP PC38x

32 minutes ago, Chris Redfield said:

It's 12 threads. It'll work for 4 to 5 more years just like my 8700K. 

I don't plan to upgrade any further until DDR5 gets released to desktop personally. I don't need to spend a bunch of money for single digit upgrades.

Since most games don't scale 8 cores, I'm not worried about it myself. 

13 hours ago, Chris Redfield said:

Thanks for the tip,I won't be buying new GPU for at least 4 years.

I never liked AMD to be honest and almost every game I played was ''made'' for Intel,plus I heard it's better to pair intel and Nvidia.

So you are using the 1080 ti for the next 4 years ?

You get a lot more for your money with Ryzen, and there shouldn't be any difference in the way the game runs. Also it isn't better to pair Intel with Nvidia. An AMD gpu will work just as well. Same goes for Ryzen with an Nvidia gpu.

The i7 9700k is a great chip but personally, i'd get the i7 10700f if I was building a PC right now. It's more future proof and I'm not a big overclocking fan so I usually opt for the non k chips, hence my i7 9700f build.

Intel Core i7 9700F / Cooler Master 212 Evo / GeForce GTX 1660 SUPER / 16 GB G.SKILL RAM @ 2666MHz / GA-B365M-DS3H / EVGA 500w PSU

HP Pavilion Gaming 15 / Ryzen 5 4600H / GeForce GTX 1050 / 8 GB @ 3200MHz