I can't sell my laptop no matter how hard i try

As of two months ago I've been trying to sell my laptop to pay for my college tuition, the only people i attracted where scammers and low ballers.I reduced the price as much as i possibly could so that i could still pay off this semesters tuition but still nothing. I've been trying to sell on craigslist and offer up, I even tried ebay but I didn't know what i was doing there. I just want to know where good safe places i can go to sell my laptop withing the next week or so before my tuition deadline is over and I have to resort to loans. The laptop I'm selling is a Dell G7 17.3" With an i7-9750H and an RTX 2060 for $1000, if anybody could help me find somewhere to sell this i would highly appreciate because i just do not know where.

Well i dont know much about the notebook itself.
But might the case be that you put way more worth on the notebook then it actually has?
Because if ppl can get a new one for that price that almost as fast, thats what they will do cus of warranty and stuff.
So price your 2nd hand items as such.

edit:

And if you really need a specific amount of money (which most likely you wont get from 2nd hand stuff) you might want to pawn your notebook but also that wont give anything close to what you're hoping for most likely.

edit2:

Also a good option is to ask here what ppl think its worth, so many smart people that handle tech everyday. ;)

When i ask for more specs, don't expect me to know the answer!
I'm just helping YOU to help YOURSELF!
(The more info you give the easier it is for others to help you out!)

Not willing to capitulate to the ignorance of the masses!

get some rep here and post on our classifieds, or run over to reddit's /r/hardwareswap and make sure you read the rules before posting :P

a cursory glance at laptop prices shows me this brand new laptop with similar specs to yours: https://www.amazon.com/Asus-TUF-FX505DT-procesador-FX505DT-AH51/dp/B0865SCD6L/ref=sr_1_4?dchild=1&keywords=RTX+2060+Laptop&qid=1599324249&sr=8-4

laptops depreciate much more than other tech, probably the most tbh. a few months ago i sold my $800 laptop bought in late 2018 for 450 and it took weeks to sell at that price. warranties for laptops are especially sought after and important because theyre becoming less and less serviceable by the user. so buying one used is a gamble

topics i need help on:

Spoiler

my "oops i bought intel right before zen 3 releases" build

CPU: Ryzen 5 3600 (placeholder)

GPU: Gigabyte 980ti Xtreme (also placeholder), deshroud w/ generic 1200rpm 120mm fans x2, stock bios 130% power, no voltage offset: +70 core +400 mem 

Memory: 2x16gb GSkill Trident Z RGB 3600C16, 14-15-30-288@1.45v

Motherboard: Asus ROG Strix X570-E Gaming

Cooler: Noctua NH-D15S w/ white chromax bling
OS Drive: Samsung PM981 1tb (OEM 970 Evo)

Storage Drive: XPG SX8200 Pro 2tb

Backup Storage: Seagate Barracuda Compute 4TB

PSU: Seasonic Prime Ultra Titanium 750W w/ black/white Cablemod extensions
Case: Fractal Design Meshify C Dark (to be replaced with a good case shortly)

basically everything was bought used off of reddit or here, only new component was the case. absolutely nutty deals for some of these parts, ill have to tally it all up once it's "done" :D 

In addition to HanZie82's recommendations, I'd say: make sure your sales pitch is professional and realistic.  Use clean, clear punctuation and grammar, drop any "hype language" such as "AMAZING GAMING PC FOR ROCK BOTTOM PRICE!" and the like, and completely explain its specs.  

#Muricaparrotgang

Folding@Home Stats | Current PC Loadout:

Small                        Bigger				Biggerer				Biggest
Fractal Design Focus G       NZXT H1				Lian LI O11 Dynamic XL			Fractal Design Meshify C
FX-8320                      Ryzen 3 3200G			Ryzen 5 3600				Ryzen 7 3700X
120mm AIO                    120mm AIO				Custom 280mm loop			Noctua NH-D15
A motherboard                ASRock B450 mobo			MSI x570 mobo				MSI x570 mobo
16gb DDR3                    16gb DDR4 @ 3200			16gb DDR4 @ 3200			16gb DDR4 @ 3600
a melange of HDDs/SSDs       WD 1tb m.2				WD 500gb m.2				WD 1tb m.2/2tb HDD
PNY GTX 1070 x2              GTX 1070				GTX 1070 FE				MSI RTX 2080 TI
some 650w PSU                650W SFX-L 80+ Gold		MSI RTX 2080 Super			EVGA SuperNova 750w 80+ GOLD 
								Corsair RM850x 80+ GOLD

Just now, Rybo said:

In addition to HanZie82's recommendations, I'd say: make sure your sales pitch is professional and realistic.  Use clean, clear punctuation and grammar, drop any "hype language" such as "AMAZING GAMING PC FOR ROCK BOTTOM PRICE!" and the like, and completely explain its specs.  

100% agreed. Well said.
Also be honest about its flaws. Ppl willing to pay more if they trust the seller somewhat.

20 minutes ago, 7eewilsmi said:

As of two months ago I've been trying to sell my laptop to pay for my college tuition, the only people i attracted where scammers and low ballers.I reduced the price as much as i possibly could so that i could still pay off this semesters tuition but still nothing. I've been trying to sell on craigslist and offer up, I even tried ebay but I didn't know what i was doing there. I just want to know where good safe places i can go to sell my laptop withing the next week or so before my tuition deadline is over and I have to resort to loans. The laptop I'm selling is a Dell G7 17.3" With an i7-9750H and an RTX 2060 for $1000, if anybody could help me find somewhere to sell this i would highly appreciate because i just do not know where.

The statement here is “my laptop is worth a semesters tuition”.  What if it isn’t?  I’m not seeing any specs.

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

Just now, Bombastinator said:

The statement here is “my laptop is worth a semesters tuition”.  What if it isn’t?  I’m not seeing any specs.

23 minutes ago, 7eewilsmi said:

The laptop I'm selling is a Dell G7 17.3" With an i7-9750H and an RTX 2060 for $1000, if anybody could help me find somewhere to sell this i would highly appreciate because i just do not know where.

It was in the first post.
I know not the easiest thing to read but its there...

2 minutes ago, Bombastinator said:

My laptop specifications are Laptop Gaming Dell G7 17.3" Display
*9th Generation Intel® Core™ i7 -9750H (12MB Cache, up to 4.5 GHz, 6 cores)
*NVIDIA(R) GeForce RTX(TM) 2060 6GB GDDR6 with Max-Q
*16GB, 2x8GB, DDR4, 2666MHz
*256GB M.2 PCIe NVMe Solid Stat e Drive (Boot) + 1TB 5400 rpm 2.5" SATA Hard Drive (Storage)
*17.3" FHD (1920 x 1080) IPS 30 0-nits Display
(Usb Type C, Hdmi, Wifi , Bluetooth, Display Port, RGB 4 Zones Keyboard, Webcam,Ethernet)
Original Charger
Model Dell G7 7790

So a laptop with a9th gen i7, a gameable amount of memory, and a 2060maxQ.  The cpu and the memory are fine levels.  The scary bit at the moment is the 2060maxQ a maxQ is a super low power 2060. Plays 2018-2019 and even the occasional early 2020 game quite well at 1080p. 3080 just came out though. I’m seeing similar new laptops with less memory selling for right near $1000.  Thats new though. What were the low ballers offering?

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

1 minute ago, Bombastinator said:

So a laptop with a9th gen i7, a gameable amount of memory, and a 2060maxQ.  The cpu and the memory are fine levels.  The scary bit at the moment is the 2060maxQ a maxQ is a super low power 2060. Plays 2018-2019 and even the occasional early 2020 game quite well at 1080p. 3080 just came out though. I’m seeing similar new laptops with less memory selling for right near $1000.  Thats new though. What were the low ballers offering?

People were wanting to buy this laptop for $300 to $500 and that was no where near to cover my college cost

12 minutes ago, 7eewilsmi said:

People were wanting to buy this laptop for $300 to $500 and that was no where near to cover my college cost

That’s low alright. They sound like flippers wanting to buy at wholesale. 

32 minutes ago, 7eewilsmi said:

Seriously im only saying this to try and help you. Get the combination of your notebook covering the cost out your head, it wont work.
Else just hand it over to the college as payment.

500$ might be a bit on the low side, but i can assure you much more it wont be. Sorry.

For 2nd hand notebook most you can get is like 50% the price if its not in warranty anymore. And thats if you're lucky.