Upgrading, getting 2070 Super now or wait for 3070?

FK2tame
Hi there.
Recently I got an offer for 2070 super founder edition around $280. I'm planning to upgrade my 1070 ti along with my cpu i5 8400, paired with b360i. I plan upgrading to i7-8700 or i9-9700/9900 (i prefered non-clockable as i'm not into overclocking) and stick with my b360i.
What's your opinion if I paired my next cpu upgrade along with 2070 super, or should I waited for 3070 to come out?

Plus, I'm gaming on 1440p at 144hz.

13 minutes ago, FK2tame said:
Hi there.
Recently I got an offer for 2070 super founder edition around $280. I'm planning to upgrade my 1070 ti along with my cpu i5 8400, paired with b360i. I plan upgrading to i7-8700 or i9-9700/9900 (i prefered non-clockable as i'm not into overclocking) and stick with my b360i.
What's your opinion if I paired my next cpu upgrade along with 2070 super, or should I waited for 3070 to come out?

Plus, I'm gaming on 1440p at 144hz.

bargain for it if you want to save money if you dont care abouty money and wants awesome gpu for couplle next years wait for the 3070 !!!!

you should just ask yourself do you need to save cash are you on a budget or no, if yes then bargain this shit at ~240-250 if  not buy 3070 

If money isn't the issue and patience is, then wait. Based on the reported performance of it, the 3070 is going to blow the 2070 away.

If money is a part of the decision, then you'll have to weigh things.

You own the software that you purchase - Understanding software licenses and EULAs

"We’ll know our disinformation program is complete when everything the american public believes is false" - William Casey, CIA Director 1981-1987

As above, unless money's an issue, I'd wait for the 3070.

If money is an issue, maybe still wait and see how much further prices come down when the rest of the market finds out there are new video cards.

"I try to put good out into the world...that way I can believe it's out there." --CKN                  “How people treat you is their karma; how you react is yours.” --Wayne Dyer            

[Needs Updating] My PC: i5-10600K @TBD / 32GB DDR4 @4000MHz / Z490 AORUS Elite AC / Titan RTX / Samsung 1TB 960 Evo / EVGA SuperNova 850 T2

That’s a pretty decent price for a 2070 Super. But if you want to play at 1440p 144 Hz then you might want to buy a 3070 (at twice the price). It will give you a much better experience overall. 

CPU i7 14700K | CPU Cooler Noctua NH-U12A | Motherboard MSI Pro Z690-A | GPU Zotac Airo RTX 4080 | RAM 32 GB GSkill Ripjaws V 4400
Mhz |
 Monitor Alienware AW2721D / Gigabyte M28U | PSU ASUS ROG Strix 850G

It's a tough one hey, and is a matter of patience. I suggest waiting for the 3070 and Big Navi to land properly, as this will drive down second hand prices even further. However, no guarantee you will get a better deal. At that point you can still decide to go with the 3070 if the 2nd hand market dries up. 

Some other considerations will be size of the card and power draw. It is a very long and tall card, and 3 slots wide. 3070 also has a very high max power draw, so make sure you will have enough case space and PSU headroom or you will be paying for more than just the card :)

BTW, are you quoting USD, or MYR?

1 hour ago, Throgmorton said:

It's a tough one hey, and is a matter of patience. I suggest waiting for the 3070 and Big Navi to land properly, as this will drive down second hand prices even further. However, no guarantee you will get a better deal. At that point you can still decide to go with the 3070 if the 2nd hand market dries up. 

Some other considerations will be size of the card and power draw. It is a very long and tall card, and 3 slots wide. 3070 also has a very high max power draw, so make sure you will have enough case space and PSU headroom or you will be paying for more than just the card :)

BTW, are you quoting USD, or MYR?

I'm quoting in USD. Actually the seller offer the card for $220 + $60 for shipping (from Spain to Malaysia).

For the price of $220, 2070s Founders Edition is consider dirt cheap here. Most people would buy the card at $500.

I agree with your consideration for the 30 series. I tried to maintain my current build without spending more on other part.

1 minute ago, FK2tame said:

I'm quoting in USD. Actually the seller offer the card for $220 + $60 for shipping (from Spain to Malaysia).

For the price of $220, 2070s Founders Edition is consider dirt cheap here. Most people would buy the card at $500.

I agree with your consideration for the 30 series. I tried to maintain my current build without spending more on other part.

Wow, that's a great deal when you take out the shipping. Some people have speculated that 2080 will be less than $300 USD on the used market once Ampere and Big Navi land, but again this all up in the air. It will take time for the 3000 series drivers to mature anyway, so if you get good use out of the card until your next upgrade, at a price you are happy with, I say go for it :)