Poke in discord

Hey guys ive been a long time teamspeak user and recently switched to discord. One feature me and all my members on my server miss is poking. Is there a way to recreate this? Its main thing it need to do is work even if the person is muted, make a loud noise to alert the person, and send a message to them (preferably in a pop up window). I was thinking something with /tts i dont know though any ideas, bots, or plugins that can do this? Thanks for any help.

You could ping them? Typing @[their name] will send them an alert tone if they don't have it muted, and will send a pop-up in their OS of choice if they have notifications enabled.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Desktop:

Intel Core i7-11700K | Noctua NH-D15S chromax.black | ASUS ROG Strix Z590-E Gaming WiFi  | 32 GB G.SKILL TridentZ 3200 MHz | ASUS TUF Gaming RTX 3080 | 1TB Samsung 980 Pro M.2 PCIe 4.0 SSD | 2TB WD Blue M.2 SATA SSD | Seasonic Focus GX-850 Fractal Design Meshify C Windows 10 Pro

Laptop:

HP Omen 15 | AMD Ryzen 7 5800H | 16 GB 3200 MHz | Nvidia RTX 3060 | 1 TB WD Black PCIe 3.0 SSD | 512 GB Micron PCIe 3.0 SSD | Windows 11

5 minutes ago, BobVonBob said:

You could ping them? Typing @[their name] will send them an alert tone if they don't have it muted, and will send a pop-up in their OS of choice if they have notifications enabled.

It does send a ping but its very quiet and often is missed.

8 minutes ago, BobVonBob said:

same with personal messaging.

4 minutes ago, cookiethecrumb said:

It does send a ping but its very quiet and often is missed.

Formerly you could change the sound, but it doesn't appear to be possible anymore. You could use Windows volume mixer to increase the volume of just Discord, or send more pings.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Desktop:

Intel Core i7-11700K | Noctua NH-D15S chromax.black | ASUS ROG Strix Z590-E Gaming WiFi  | 32 GB G.SKILL TridentZ 3200 MHz | ASUS TUF Gaming RTX 3080 | 1TB Samsung 980 Pro M.2 PCIe 4.0 SSD | 2TB WD Blue M.2 SATA SSD | Seasonic Focus GX-850 Fractal Design Meshify C Windows 10 Pro

Laptop:

HP Omen 15 | AMD Ryzen 7 5800H | 16 GB 3200 MHz | Nvidia RTX 3060 | 1 TB WD Black PCIe 3.0 SSD | 512 GB Micron PCIe 3.0 SSD | Windows 11

2 hours ago, BobVonBob said:

Formerly you could change the sound, but it doesn't appear to be possible anymore. You could use Windows volume mixer to increase the volume of just Discord, or send more pings.

Is there a plugin that can do it?

5 minutes ago, cookiethecrumb said:

Is there a plugin that can do it?

No, your talking about modifying volume controls within an app you have no control of. The only thing a bot could do is send multiple pings until the user responds.

Your best bet to create a plugin like this is through the BandagedBD / BetterDiscord API which is third party, but is open-source. Everyone would however need to have it and your plugin installed. As far as I am aware a plugin does not already exist that does this, so one would need to be made.