Reddit is garbage.Please help.

RealStormBringer228

I have a gaming headset from Havit that has three cables. A usb cable for lighting, a audio out and a microphone in. The audio cable died because of course it did and and now I can’t use it to listen to music . I tried plugging the USB port into a MacBook to try and get audio out and even tried to google for a way to convert my microphone cable to a headphone jack cable like the one that tore off. Is there ANY way that I can do it. I can’t buy another headset because reasons and I really like this havit headset and I don’t want to believe that this headset is just e waste now

65632FEA-2533-40B0-ACE9-42927A60295B.jpeg

2 minutes ago, RealStormBringer228 said:

Reddit is garbage.

Hmm Yes the Floor Here Is Made Out of Floor | Know Your Meme

CPU: Intel Core i7-950 Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R CPU Cooler: NZXT HAVIK 140 RAM: Corsair Dominator DDR3-1600 (1x2GB), Crucial DDR3-1600 (2x4GB), Crucial Ballistix Sport DDR3-1600 (1x4GB) GPU: ASUS GeForce GTX 770 DirectCU II 2GB SSD: Samsung 860 EVO 2.5" 1TB HDDs: WD Green 3.5" 1TB, WD Blue 3.5" 1TB PSU: Corsair AX860i & CableMod ModFlex Cables Case: Fractal Design Meshify C TG (White) Fans: 2x Dynamic X2 GP-12 Monitors: LG 24GL600F, Samsung S24D390 Keyboard: Logitech G710+ Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum Mouse Pad: Steelseries QcK Audio: Bose SoundSport In-Ear Headphones

image.png.0d42ef4f22ff6556785ab1b0190c1558.png

just get a new headset, the same model if you like it so much

how did it get broken like that anyways and what does reddit have to do with it

-sigh- feeling like I'm being too negative lately

why is reddit garbage? is this just bait xD

anyway, why not contact the company and ask if they sell replacement cords. 

PC specs:

Ryzen 9 3900X overclocked to 4.3-4.4 GHz

Corsair H100i platinum

32 GB Trident Z RGB 3200 MHz 14-14-14-34

RTX 2060

MSI MPG X570 Gaming Edge wifi

NZXT H510

Samsung 860 EVO 500GB

2 TB WD hard drive

Corsair RM 750 Watt

ASUS ROG PG248Q 

Razer Ornata Chroma

Razer Firefly 

Razer Deathadder 2013

Logitech G935 Wireless

5 minutes ago, RealStormBringer228 said:

ANY way that I can do it

If you still have the headphone connector you might be able to reattach it. It will require a soildering iron and the skill set. I’ve seen YouTube videos of people putting new audio plugs on to headphones. I’ve never done it myself. Actually because all my headsets end up like yours, I ended up going Bluetooth on my last pair, and they have lasted a hell of a lot longer than any wired headset I’ve ever owned. 

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn. 

You'd need to attach a new jack to the old headphone cable. Strip the cable, solder the wires to a new TRS connector, voila. There are also solderless 1/4 inch versions of the TRS connector, attach the wires to screw terminals then adapt the 1/4 inch connector to the 3.5mm you need.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Desktop:

Intel Core i7-11700K | Noctua NH-D15S chromax.black | ASUS ROG Strix Z590-E Gaming WiFi  | 32 GB G.SKILL TridentZ 3200 MHz | ASUS TUF Gaming RTX 3080 | 1TB Samsung 980 Pro M.2 PCIe 4.0 SSD | 2TB WD Blue M.2 SATA SSD | Seasonic Focus GX-850 Fractal Design Meshify C Windows 10 Pro

Laptop:

HP Omen 15 | AMD Ryzen 7 5800H | 16 GB 3200 MHz | Nvidia RTX 3060 | 1 TB WD Black PCIe 3.0 SSD | 512 GB Micron PCIe 3.0 SSD | Windows 11

19 hours ago, Moonzy said:

image.png.0d42ef4f22ff6556785ab1b0190c1558.png

just get a new headset, the same model if you like it so much

how did it get broken like that anyways and what does reddit have to do with it

My cat chewed through the cable making play static and I ended up cutting it off in an attempt to solder the jack back after removing the damaged parts. Had no luck soldering and ended up getting too frustrated and tired. Thanks for your help though

64FE3EF4-0408-4A0D-81FB-FDEE31025059.jpeg

19 hours ago, Donut417 said:

If you still have the headphone connector you might be able to reattach it. It will require a soildering iron and the skill set. I’ve seen YouTube videos of people putting new audio plugs on to headphones. I’ve never done it myself. Actually because all my headsets end up like yours, I ended up going Bluetooth on my last pair, and they have lasted a hell of a lot longer than any wired headset I’ve ever owned. 

I have Bluetooth ones too but they aren’t as bass heavy as I’d like . Plus they like to not stay on my head and fall off very easily.😭

1 hour ago, RealStormBringer228 said:

attempt to solder

Mmm it's not that easy to solder it back

If you haven't gave up yet you can try sanding the wires before applying solder

And use flux, it'll make life easier

Also, bad kitty

-sigh- feeling like I'm being too negative lately

Worst case take to any electrical repair store (like a TV or computer repair store), and they will be able to re-attach the 3.5mm jack, or add a new one. Easy fix, wont cost much, if you don't have the confidence to try soldering it yourself. 

Peace