I'm planning to build this, what do you think?

Over

Budget (including currency): 2500€

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: The most performance demanding thing I'll do, it's gaming. Anything else, I know I can do with a much weaker and cheaper PC...

Other details: I have two 1080p monitors (but only use one for gaming) and I'm, planning to buy a 4K one, later. I already have mouse and keyboard and sound system.

This is what's I'm aiming for:

1 x Intel Core i7 9700K 8-Core (3.6GHz-4.9GHz) 12MB Skt1151 - 349,90 €
1 x Disco SSD Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB M.2 NVMe - 229,90 €
1 x Cooler CPU Noctua NH-U14S U-TYPE - 69,90 €
1 x HyperX Kit 32GB (2 x 16GB) DDR4 3000MHz Predator CL15 - 187,90 €
1 x Fonte Modular Corsair RM 850 (2019) 80+ Gold - 124,90 €
1 x MSI GeForce® RTX 3080 GAMING X TRIO 10G - 809,00 €
1 x Microsoft Windows 10 Home 64-bit PT OEM - 116,90 €
1 x Disco Western Digital Black 4TB 7200rpm 128MB SATA III - 194,90 €
1 x Caixa ATX Fractal Design Define R6 USB-C Blackout Vidro Temperado - 159,90 €
1 x Motherboard MSI MPG Z390 GAMING PRO CARBON AC - 229,90 €

Total: 2,473.10 €

What do you think? Any incompatibilities?

About the RAM, would go for a higher speed one, although with higher CAS?

What about the motherboard? I confess I've chosen somewhat randomly, I don't know what to look for, beside being compatible with the CPU and having USB-C ports.

I'm also not sure what would be the best CPU for gaming. I was undecided between and i7 or i9. And I prefer Intel instead of AMD, although I know AMD currently is very strong on CPUs.

I think the cooler is compatible, although might cover the first RAM slot, not sure. Noctua is reknowned for being silent. I don't know about water based cooling, but I think they might be not as efficient and silent like Noctua's aircooling?

I've chosen Fractal Design's case, because they have the fame of good insonorization.

Why not go for the latest CPU generation? i7-10700k (basically i9-9900k) costs the same (360 euros in my country at least) and has additional 8 threads.

230 euros will also be plenty to find you a good Z490 motherboard, check this video for recommendations:

Also don't forget you can buy Windows 10 Pro OEM (means it will be tied to your motherboard) keys for 5$ off ebay.

Other than that, seems fine, maybe try to find 3200MHz C16 (or better) RAM? Seems to be a tad better than 3000MHz C15 from what I've found in google.

Choose the same parts in https://pcpartpicker.com/ to see if there are any incompatibilities.

The CPU you mention is 410€ here.  Do you think it's worth it, for gaming?

About the RAM, I found this one: 

1 x G.Skill Kit 32GB (2 x 16GB) DDR4 3600MHz Ripjaws V Black CL16 - 189,90 €

There's also a 4x8GB version. What is better?

Thanks for helping 👍

18 hours ago, Over said:

Budget (including currency): 2500€

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: The most performance demanding thing I'll do, it's gaming. Anything else, I know I can do with a much weaker and cheaper PC...

Other details: I have two 1080p monitors (but only use one for gaming) and I'm, planning to buy a 4K one, later. I already have mouse and keyboard and sound system.

This is what's I'm aiming for:

1 x Intel Core i7 9700K 8-Core (3.6GHz-4.9GHz) 12MB Skt1151 - 349,90 €
1 x Disco SSD Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB M.2 NVMe - 229,90 €
1 x Cooler CPU Noctua NH-U14S U-TYPE - 69,90 €
1 x HyperX Kit 32GB (2 x 16GB) DDR4 3000MHz Predator CL15 - 187,90 €
1 x Fonte Modular Corsair RM 850 (2019) 80+ Gold - 124,90 €
1 x MSI GeForce® RTX 3080 GAMING X TRIO 10G - 809,00 €
1 x Microsoft Windows 10 Home 64-bit PT OEM - 116,90 €
1 x Disco Western Digital Black 4TB 7200rpm 128MB SATA III - 194,90 €
1 x Caixa ATX Fractal Design Define R6 USB-C Blackout Vidro Temperado - 159,90 €
1 x Motherboard MSI MPG Z390 GAMING PRO CARBON AC - 229,90 €

Total: 2,473.10 €

What do you think? Any incompatibilities?

About the RAM, would go for a higher speed one, although with higher CAS?

What about the motherboard? I confess I've chosen somewhat randomly, I don't know what to look for, beside being compatible with the CPU and having USB-C ports.

I'm also not sure what would be the best CPU for gaming. I was undecided between and i7 or i9. And I prefer Intel instead of AMD, although I know AMD currently is very strong on CPUs.

I think the cooler is compatible, although might cover the first RAM slot, not sure. Noctua is reknowned for being silent. I don't know about water based cooling, but I think they might be not as efficient and silent like Noctua's aircooling?

I've chosen Fractal Design's case, because they have the fame of good insonorization.

While i know you prefer intel there is an new amd cpu release coming soon and possably a new intel one. also intel is stuck on pcie gen 3 and you will lose preformance over that.(well not definitive but theres a good chance.

6 hours ago, EmoChipmonk said:

While i know you prefer intel there is an new amd cpu release coming soon and possably a new intel one. also intel is stuck on pcie gen 3 and you will lose preformance over that.(well not definitive but theres a good chance.

I'm a little bit out of my depth about this. Are you saying that with PCIe Gen 3, the RTX 3080 or the NVMe SSD will be bottlenecked? Or are you just saying sometime in the future I might want to upgrade the GPU, for example, and only then PCIe Gen 3 might be not enough?

8 hours ago, Over said:

I'm a little bit out of my depth about this. Are you saying that with PCIe Gen 3, the RTX 3080 or the NVMe SSD will be bottlenecked? Or are you just saying sometime in the future I might want to upgrade the GPU, for example, and only then PCIe Gen 3 might be not enough?

I think there is a chance the gen 3 pcie will bottle neck the 3080.