Anti-static band for a friend

Not sure where to put this, so I put it here.

My friend is attempting to gather PC cleaning parts. He is looking for a good budget anti-static band but does not think any of the brands he has looked are reputable. Any good recommendations for an Anti Static band?

As long as your friend isn’t working in an area prone to large amounts if it, there isn’t really a need to worry about esd. Touching the case or psu (i believe it should be plugged into wall but not turned on, but can someone else confirm?) should suffice. If you really need to peace of mind, ifixit makes high quality parts.

https://www.ifixit.com/Store/Tools/ESD_Safe?page=2&display=list

I am far from an expert in this so please correct me if I’m wrong.

Quote or tag me so I can see your response

PSU Tier List

Motherboard Tier List

Graphics Card Cooling Tier List

CPU Cooler Tier List

SSD Tier List

PARROT GANG

Mentioned in 7/10/20 WAN Show

Mentioned in 7/15/20 Techlinked

Mentioned in 7/17/20 Techlinked

Mentioned in 7/31/20 WAN Show

Mentioned in 7/31/20 Techlinked

Mentioned in 8/3/20 Techlinked

Mentioned twice in 8/5/20 Techlinked

Mentioned twice in 8/7/20 Techlinked

Mentioned in 8/12/20 Techlinked

Mentioned in 8/19/20 Techlinked

dont wear socks/sandals, stand on wooden/marble/cement floor bare foot (anything but fabric related is fine)

and you should be good.

touch a plugged in but not turned on (grounded) PC/PSU occasionally to discharge just in case.

-sigh- feeling like I'm being too negative lately

You could also just make your own anti-static thing...  get 2-3 meters of wire, add an aligator clip to one end so you can connect it to something grounded.  Strip the insulation at the other end, add a resistor in series with the wire (1 megaohm , but can be lower like 100 kohm) and add some way to attach the metal wire to your skin (some metal band, some zip tie you can easily open, some elastic etc

that's all an anti-static wrist wrap is ... aligator clip ------ wire------ resistor ----- band to attach to hand (with metal on inside touching the skin)

I don't bother with these .... i just have an extension cord on the desk and before working with a component, i go and touch the earthing pins on a socket with my fingers...