Building a new pc... need some tips

NoOdDlEsz

hey guys im new here. i havent built a pc in 5+ years and i recently sold my pc and want to build a new one. my gpu of choice is going to be the rtx 3080. what motherboard, cpu and power supply wattage should i go for. my budget is 3,000$. should i wait for new hardware or does the existing hardware match well with the 3080 without bottlenecking. i will definitely be going with m.2 ssd and regular ssd. (i dont want hdd). most likely 32gb of memory.

Thank  You.

Just now, NoOdDlEsz said:

32gb of memory

what do you do?

16gb is pretty good for most things

Everyone, Creator初音ミク Hatsune Miku Google commercial.

Cameras: Main: Canon 70D - Secondary: Panasonic GX85 - Spare: Samsung ST68. - Action cams: GoPro Hero+, Akaso EK7000pro

Dead cameras: Nikion s4000, Canon XTi

Pc's

Spoiler

Dell optiplex 5050 (main) - i5-6500- 20GB ram -500gb samsung 970 evo  500gb WD blue HDD - dvd r/w

HP compaq 8300 prebuilt - Intel i5-3470 - 8GB ram - 500GB HDD - bluray drive

old windows 7 gaming desktop - Intel i5 2400 - lenovo CIH61M V:1.0 - 4GB ram - 1TB HDD - dual DVD r/w

main laptop acer e5 15 - Intel i3 7th gen - 16GB ram - 1TB HDD - dvd drive                                                                     

school laptop lenovo 300e chromebook 2nd gen - Intel celeron - 4GB ram - 32GB SSD 

audio mac- 2017 apple macbook air A1466 EMC 3178

Any questions? pm me.

#Muricaparrotgang                                                                                   

I mean you should probably go with Ryzen (I'd say the 3900x), and some 3200mhz ram, if your budget is $3000 32GB of ram seems very reasonable.

1 minute ago, sub68 said:

what do you do?

it 3000, the extra 16gb can be snuck in.

I could use some help with this!

please, pm me if you would like to contribute to my gpu bios database (includes overclocking bios, stock bios, and upgrades to gpus via modding)

Bios database

My beautiful, but not that powerful, main PC:

prior build:

Spoiler

1 minute ago, rmartin558 said:

I mean you should probably go with Ryzen (I'd say the 3900x), and some 3200mhz ram, if your budget is $3000 32GB of ram seems very reasonable.

The 3800x does better in gaming.

EDIT: you sugested 3200mhz ram. For a RYZEN build. AT 3000$? Are you insane? The extra 400mhz is too expensive?!?!

please, pm me if you would like to contribute to my gpu bios database (includes overclocking bios, stock bios, and upgrades to gpus via modding)

Bios database

prior build:

Spoiler

1 minute ago, TheTechWizardThatNeedsHelp said:

The 3800x does better in gaming.

Kind like the 3900x for slightly more future proofed, I think the gaming performance difference should be fairly minor? I guess its kind of up to if you are just gaming or not (or even if you want to say stream).

Just now, rmartin558 said:

Kind like the 3900x for slightly more future proofed, I think the gaming performance difference should be fairly minor? I guess its kind of up to if you are just gaming or not (or even if you want to say stream).

Yeah. PRobably right. What was with the 3200mhz ram tho? 3600 is ryzen sweet spot.

Bios database

prior build:

Spoiler

1 minute ago, TheTechWizardThatNeedsHelp said:

Yeah. PRobably right. What was with the 3200mhz ram tho? 3600 is ryzen sweet spot.

brain fart

9 minutes ago, NoOdDlEsz said:

i dont want hdd

Why not? You have a huge saving's. I guess the RTX 3000 faster loads with gen 4?

Bios database

prior build:

Spoiler

Ok. Seasoned builders, feel fine to curitque, but here

I spena a lot on storage, IK, but he doesn't want HDDs. I think, maybe, you could switch the 4tb to a 2tb pcie 4.0 if you want.

Bios database

prior build:

Spoiler

20 minutes ago, NoOdDlEsz said:

hey guys im new here. i havent built a pc in 5+ years and i recently sold my pc and want to build a new one. my gpu of choice is going to be the rtx 3080. what motherboard, cpu and power supply wattage should i go for. my budget is 3,000$. should i wait for new hardware or does the existing hardware match well with the 3080 without bottlenecking. i will definitely be going with m.2 ssd and regular ssd. (i dont want hdd). most likely 32gb of memory.

Thank  You.

Get a B550 or X570 motherboard with a Ryzen 3800X or 3800XT and 32GB of 3600 MHz ram and a fast PCIe 4 SSD. For the power supply 850w fully modular should be good. You could also wait a few months for Ryzen 4000 series if you can hold off.

SPEC LIST:

• CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X w/ NZXT Kraken Z73 360mm Liquid Cooler
  • GPU: NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE
  • RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (4 x 8GB) 5000MHz CL18
  • Motherboard: MSI MEG X570 Godlike
  • SSD: Samsung 980 Pro PCIe 4.0 1TB (x3)
  • PSU: Corsair AX1600i
  • Case: NZXT H710
  • Monitor: Alienware AW2521H 25inch 360Hz 1ms

22 minutes ago, sub68 said:

what do you do?

It will be purely for gaming. I do not stream  or youtube. I just want to game as best as possible without anything sowing me down

19 minutes ago, rmartin558 said:

3900x is pointless just for gaming. Imo if you have this budget, than go intel. Please don't hurt me for that lol. But with that budget you want to get the best performance and you can afford it so why not.

28 minutes ago, Hackerman25 said:

3900x is pointless just for gaming. Imo if you have this budget, than go intel. Please don't hurt me for that lol. But with that budget you want to get the best performance and you can afford it so why not.

I want to go intel because all my life i been intel but i wanted the 10900k but its sold out everywhere and people want double the price for them. 

The best gaming PC is the PC you like to game on, how you like to game on it

41 minutes ago, NoOdDlEsz said:

I want to go intel because all my life i been intel but i wanted the 10900k but its sold out everywhere and people want double the price for them. 

Lol, I just hope he's not Canadian like me, in that case most of these are gonna be more like $4000 builds.

9 hours ago, NoOdDlEsz said:

my budget is 3,000$

Is that including the price of the GPU? If not, then take some of that, and apply it to getting a 3090 instead, since you will definitely be able to afford it and the best gaming system money can buy. If it doesn't include the price of the GPU, then a 3800XT with an X570 motherboard, an 'Arctic Freezer II' CPU cooler of your choice, 32GB of 3200cl16 RAM from G.Skill, a Tier A PSU with at least 750w, and a 2TB PCIe 4.0 NVMe or two should fit in your budget, and give you the best experience possible.

CPURyzen 7 5800X Cooler: Arctic Liquid Freezer II 120mm AIO with push-pull Arctic P12 PWM fans RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws V 4x8GB 3600 16-16-16-30

MotherboardASRock X570M Pro4 GPUASRock RX 5700 XT Reference with Eiswolf GPX-Pro 240 AIO Case: Antec P5 PSU: Rosewill Capstone 750M

Monitor: ASUS ROG Strix XG32VC Case Fans: 2x Arctic P12 PWM Storage: HP EX950 1TB NVMe, Mushkin Pilot-E 1TB NVMe, 2x Constellation ES 2TB in RAID1

https://hwbot.org/submission/4497882_btgbullseye_gpupi_v3.3___32b_radeon_rx_5700_xt_13min_37sec_848ms