Asus Tuf Gaming X570-Plus White VGA led - won't post

Go to solution Solved by miagisan,
1 hour ago, 210TexasDave said:

Hello all,

Introduction / Description: 

So this is my first build, I bought an Asus Tuf Gaming X570-Plus and everything was working great until after I had installed windows. This is when I went to relocated the computer to update it using the Ethernet cable, I placed on ground and moved cable from back of monitor and when I connected it no display, I am thinking to myself what the F it was just working. I moved back to the other room and noticed a white LED on the VGA light, and a green LED on the Boot Light, After doing some research online, I was informed that this may have been a bad mobo, but I feel that its not the mobo, being my 1st build I dont have anything to test with to narrow down the factors. 

Now when I plug the power on turn on the fans spins slow and the orange light comes on for Ram, after 2-3 seconds of that that the red light comes on for CPU, after like 2-3 seconds that light it changes to the VGA that is when all the fans kick on at a higher rate, the Lower fan on the mobo stops spinning and the after about 5 seconds a green light is on for the LED and it basically sits there for a while unitl i press just 1 time on the power button and the system shuts down completely.  

Components 

AMD RYZEN 7 3800x - CPU 

Asus Tuf Gaming X570-Plus - Motherboard 

radeon rx 580 gts - GPU 

(2) 16gb 3200 Vengence - DDR4 Ram 

Corsair CX650W Powersupply 

2TB Seagate 3.5 Barracuda - SATA HDD 

1TB Crucial - SSD 

Troubleshooting:

I had removed the GPU - Radeon rx 580 gts

I removed the Ram sticks 

I tested each Ram Bay to see if that is the issue and the light came on every time

I re-seated all the cables by removing and re-placing (Not replace as swapping out but replace as take out and plug back in)

I have not RMA the Mobo but I feel that may be my next step as this is a headache, after some research online i seen that this issue is with alot of people and that the board is basically a bad board 😞 just my luck. 

Any suggestions would greatly help, 

Thanks in advance. 

IMG_8918[1].HEIC 1.96 MB · 4 downloads

Check your PSU connections. Green with white means it's booting but no vga. Had that happen on my x570. Turns out the pcie connection to psu was loose. Turn everything off, including psu, replug in the pcie cables into the psu itself. 

Also make sure your video cable is plugged in all the way.  

Screenshot_20200903-125139.png

Hello all,

So this is my first build, I bought an Asus Tuf Gaming X570-Plus and everything was working great until after I had installed windows. This is when I went to relocated the computer to update it using the Ethernet cable, I placed on ground and moved cable from back of monitor and when I connected it no display, I am thinking to myself what the F it was just working. I moved back to the other room and noticed a white LED on the VGA light, and a green LED on the Boot Light, After doing some research online, I was informed that this may have been a bad mobo, but I feel that its not the mobo, being my 1st build I dont have anything to test with to narrow down the factors. 

Now when I plug the power on turn on the fans spins slow and the orange light comes on for Ram, after 2-3 seconds of that that the red light comes on for CPU, after like 2-3 seconds that light it changes to the VGA that is when all the fans kick on at a higher rate, the Lower fan on the mobo stops spinning and the after about 5 seconds a green light is on for the LED and it basically sits there for a while unitl i press just 1 time on the power button and the system shuts down completely.  

Components 

AMD RYZEN 7 3800x - CPU 

radeon rx 580 gts - GPU 

1TB Crucial - SSD 

Troubleshooting:

I removed the Ram sticks 

I tested each Ram Bay to see if that is the issue and the light came on every time

I re-seated all the cables by removing and re-placing (Not replace as swapping out but replace as take out and plug back in)

I have not RMA the Mobo but I feel that may be my next step as this is a headache, after some research online i seen that this issue is with alot of people and that the board is basically a bad board :-( just my luck. 

Thanks in advance. 

IMG_8918[1].HEIC

32 minutes ago, 210TexasDave said:

This is when I went to relocated the computer to update it using the Ethernet cable, I placed on ground and moved cable from back of monitor and when I connected it no display

Make sure you're using your GPU's display outputs.

the orange light comes on for Ram, after 2-3 seconds of that that the red light comes on for CPU, after like 2-3 seconds that light it changes to the VGA

This is normal behavior during POST. When booting with my TUF X570-Plus, the LED debug LED displays white, then turns off 5-10 seconds after POST.

after about 5 seconds a green light is on for the LED and it basically sits there for a while unitl i press just 1 time on the power button and the system shuts down completely.

Green is a boot device error, check that all drives have both SATA power and data. Afterwards, clear your CMOS.

Removing your GPU will not resolve your issue.

Make sure to quote me or use @PorkishPig to notify me that you replied!

Desktop

CPU - Ryzen 9 3900X | Cooler - Noctua NH-D15 | Motherboard - ASUS TUF X570-PLUS RAM - Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4-3200 32GB Case - Meshify C

GPU - RTX 3080 FE PSU - Straight Power 11 850W Platinum Storage - 980 PRO 1TB, 960 EVO 500GB, S31 1TB, MX500 500GB | OS - Windows 11 Pro

Homelab

CPU - Core i5-11400 | Cooler - Noctua NH-U12S | Motherboard - ASRock Z590M-ITX RAM - G.Skill Ripjaws V DDR4-3600 32GB (2x16)  | Case - Node 304

PSU - EVGA B3 650W | Storage - 860 EVO 256GB, Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB, WD Red 4TB (x6 in RAIDZ1 w/ LSI 9207-8i) | OS - TrueNAS Scale (Debian)

1 hour ago, 210TexasDave said:

Hello all,

Components 

AMD RYZEN 7 3800x - CPU 

radeon rx 580 gts - GPU 

1TB Crucial - SSD 

Troubleshooting:

I removed the Ram sticks 

I have not RMA the Mobo but I feel that may be my next step as this is a headache, after some research online i seen that this issue is with alot of people and that the board is basically a bad board 😞 just my luck. 

Thanks in advance. 

IMG_8918[1].HEIC 1.96 MB · 4 downloads

Check your PSU connections. Green with white means it's booting but no vga. Had that happen on my x570. Turns out the pcie connection to psu was loose. Turn everything off, including psu, replug in the pcie cables into the psu itself. 

Also make sure your video cable is plugged in all the way.  

Screenshot_20200903-125139.png

I refuse to read threads whose author does not know how to remove the caps lock! 

— Grumpy old man

Also, just try clearing the cmos.  Uefi boot can be finicky the first few times. 

I refuse to read threads whose author does not know how to remove the caps lock! 

— Grumpy old man

Thanks for the suggestions, just as I was bout to throw the Effin thing out the window, My Bro in law came over and removed the power supply and reseated it and it worked for some ungoldy reason because I tried all that and this damn thing hates me. Anyways thanks for the suggestions guys.