Corsair H115i vs NZXT Kraken X63

KT1578

Hi all, I am currently planning a build based around the RTX 3080 (when it is released). I am not sure which AIO cooler to buy. I know AIO coolers do not always offer the best performance compared to air coolers, but I am not going to be doing much (if any) overclocking on my build so I don't need anything extreme, although it will be primarily used to run Microsoft Flight Sim 2020 in 4K and I want to achieve good performance and decent temps.

I have narrowed my choices down to:
NZXT Kraken X63

Corsair H115i

Both are priced extremely similarly, the X63 at AUD $220 and the H115i at AUD $225, so pricing is not an issue here. 

I have heard that the thickness on radiator matters a lot, and the X63 has a 30 mm rad whilst the Corsair one is 26 mm. I am not sure how much of a difference this will make, but I thought I'd point it out as it makes me lean towards picking the X63.

However, I also like the H115i because of compatibility with RGB software. I am planning on buying 3 Corsair LL120 fans, so the lighting software would be much easier to sync rather than using the NZXT software. I've also heard that NZXT software is horrible to use. I'm also considering buying Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro RAM, which would also work well to sync up with the rest of the lighting if it is all Corsair. Although I also like the look of the G.Skill Trident Z RGB RAM, so I am still deciding between the 2.

Finally, as well as cooling performance, noise is another big factor for me. If there is barely any difference in noise levels than this factor can be disregarded, however I think it should be taken into account if it is a noticeable difference, as I am trying to aim for decently quiet but at the same time good performing PC.

So my priorities are:

1. Cooling

2. Noise

3. RGB light syncing

You misunderstood something. Most AiOs are objectively better coolers than air. Not the other way around.

But air coolers offer very close performance for much better prices and reliability.

If you just want a quiet cooler and don't care about overclocking, go for a Noctua NH-U12S.

If you want a cooler that can stay quiet even with very hot CPUs, the Noctua NH-D15 is a great choice.

If you are set on buying an AiO, Arctic has the objectively best noise/performance models for each size out there, while being the cheapest. They just leave out the RGB.

If you HAVE to chosse between the two you mentioned, they're pretty much the same in performance. Go for the one you think looks better with your setup.

If someone did not use reason to reach their conclusion in the first place, you cannot use reason to convince them otherwise.

56 minutes ago, KT1578 said:

I know AIO coolers do not always offer the best performance compared to air coolers, but I am not going to be doing much (if any) overclocking on my build so I don't need anything extreme

consider an air cooler if you're not looking for perf, unless you like the looks of AIOs

air coolers are just less hassle and much more reliable.

not to mention the times that i've seen people have issue with their AIO on this forum. (mostly dead pump, leaks do happen but it's rare)

stahl already said everything else that's important

-sigh- feeling like I'm being too negative lately

13 hours ago, Moonzy said:

consider an air cooler if you're not looking for perf, unless you like the looks of AIOs

air coolers are just less hassle and much more reliable.

not to mention the times that i've seen people have issue with their AIO on this forum. (mostly dead pump, leaks do happen but it's rare)

stahl already said everything else that's important

so basically no difference in performance between the 2 i mentioned?

Just now, KT1578 said:

so basically no difference in performance between the 2 i mentioned?

they're both decent AIO, even if there's a diff I don't think it's more than 5c diff

-sigh- feeling like I'm being too negative lately

1 minute ago, Moonzy said:

they're both decent AIO, even if there's a diff I don't think it's more than 5c diff

ok cool thanks