looking for suggestions for gaming mouses wired only

squallypo

hello guys, my friend needs some help with buying a new gaming mouse, he recently had a combo with a keyboard "gamdias" but apparently its terrible, so hes looking to purchase a new one.

which would you recommend to him?

he usually plays shooter games competitive stuff (apex, valorant,  fortnite) that kind of thing.

thanks for your time.

I vouch the G502, it's the most solid wired mouse you can buy. Plenty of buttons, reliable sensor, excellent scroll wheel, ergonomic shape if you're into that, a splash of RGB, and added weights if you need that.

The only issue with the G502 is that it's fairly heavy, mine weighs 110g, which might be a bit heavy.

Additionally, there are numerous variants of the G502, ideally the G502 HERO would be the best choice as it's the most improved, although nominal in comparison to its predecessor, the G502 Proteus Spectrum.

mechanical keyboard switches aficionado & hi-fi audio enthusiast

switch reviews  how i lube mx-style keyboard switches

8 minutes ago, sowon said:

I vouch the G502, it's the most solid wired mouse you can buy. Plenty of buttons, reliable sensor, excellent scroll wheel, ergonomic shape if you're into that, a splash of RGB, and added weights if you need that.

The only issue with the G502 is that it's fairly heavy, mine weighs 110g, which might be a bit heavy.

Additionally, there are numerous variants of the G502, ideally the G502 HERO would be the best choice as it's the most improved, although nominal in comparison to its predecessor, the G502 Proteus Spectrum.

i suggested him the g502 he quickly said no lol, cause he finds i t to be more for mmo purposes than anything else, cant really force him if he doesnt want it though, the other options seems interesting, but its always nice to have more choices too so i appreciate ur post

1 minute ago, squallypo said:

i suggested him the g502 he quickly said no lol, cause he finds i t to be more for mmo purposes than anything else, cant really force him if he doesnt want it though, the other options seems interesting, but its always nice to have more choices too so i appreciate ur post

I mean, I'd define 'MMO purposes' as something like a Corsair Scimitar with like twelve extra buttons... But yeah if your friend doesn't want all those extra buttons, I can understand.

mechanical keyboard switches aficionado & hi-fi audio enthusiast

switch reviews  how i lube mx-style keyboard switches

has anyone heard of the hp omen mouses? i just dont know which version to suggest him if they are even good at all

8 hours ago, squallypo said:

has anyone heard of the hp omen mouses? i just dont know which version to suggest him if they are even good at all

I tried a friend‘s new Omen Reactor about a month ago - felt weird in the hand and the adjustable palm rest didn‘t work for my clawgrip (medium-large hands). My friend didn‘t love it either and got a Legion M500 instead - much better IMO. You could also look at the newer Legion M600 or the new Omen Vector maybe.

But overall there are better mice out there. Compare prices to a Model-O or Model-D for example in your region - I prefer both over the aforementioned models.