I need help with ethernet

helpplzzz

I think I have four or six Ethernet port in my house and it only works on living room :(
so, I want to use Ethernet on 2nd floor but it's not working and I think modem connected with just one room
I don't know anything about Ethernet connection.. 

white cable is connected to xfinity modem and I don't know what does blue and gray cable support or stand for 
and how do I fix this problem?

also I was searching and find out Gigabit Switch do I need this? 
if I need Gigabit Switch do I just connect with one with xfinity modem and seven other cable(picture)? 

Ask your internet provider for a person to come out and help you. If your house is advertised with having Ethernet on both floors, ask your landlord to pay for it to be set up correctly

Sounds like a basic understanding of ethernet is going to be required colors don’t necessarily mean much because even if there was a standard it doesn’t mean it was followed. What is plugged into what and why is much more useful.  I suggest following @MojaveTM06’s advice or if that’s not possible,  reading up on ethernet online. Iirc the wiki is comprehensive if long.  Describing cable colors won’t help though.

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

I assume the xfinity modem is also a router?

With home networking it will quite simply go: Xfinity modem/router -> Switch -> your devices. (Or cables going to wall plates.)

Do make sure whatever switch you buy does NOT say "hub" on it and is also Gigabit (10/100/1000) capable.

In  your house, probably master bedroom closet should be a cabinet where all the ethernet ports in the house terminate.  Similar to an image I located and pasted below.

Within this cabinet you should simply need to connect the ethernet cables to the comcast modem within.  If you need more than is supported by the modem, slap in a switch and call it good.

If you cannot figure out which (maybe a plug end fault is precluding link and you need to verify you are on teh correct cable), grab a cable tone generator from amazon or your local hardware store.  It consists of two parts, one will plug into a jack in your house and place an RF tone on teh cable, the other part is a "wand" which will pickup the tone and output it via a little speaker, this will allow you to determine which cable in your cabling cabinet belongs to what jack.   

How to make Ethernet in each room get internet | AT&T Community Forums