AIO or Air Cooler?

JustinNgos
Go to solution Solved by SHADFAN,
4 minutes ago, JustinNgos said:

I am looking to build a pc soon in a month or two and I wanted to do some over clocking with my cpu (R5 3600). And I was wondering what yep of cooler I should use. I am looking for anything under $110 cad (around $80 usd) and I was looking at the cooler master master liquid ml240l rgb v2 or the hyper 212 black. Can someone tell me which is better? I know that liquid coolers don’t last as long but let’s just say that they both last the same time. Thanks

I would not advise getting any cheap AIO. The AIO would be unusable after not a very long time.

I am looking to build a pc soon in a month or two and I wanted to do some over clocking with my cpu (R5 3600). And I was wondering what yep of cooler I should use. I am looking for anything under $110 cad (around $80 usd) and I was looking at the cooler master master liquid ml240l rgb v2 or the hyper 212 black. Can someone tell me which is better? I know that liquid coolers don’t last as long but let’s just say that they both last the same time. Thanks

4 minutes ago, JustinNgos said:

I would not advise getting any cheap AIO. The AIO would be unusable after not a very long time.

BOLD not ITALIC

5 minutes ago, JustinNgos said:

cooler master master liquid ml240l rgb

seen people use this and complaint about the temps, it's not good

but compared to the hyper 212... prob the ML240? but isnt the hyper 212 like half the cost?

i just wouldnt touch AIO, especially if you only have a 3600

-sigh- feeling like I'm being too negative lately

8 minutes ago, JustinNgos said:

The master liquid would be better than the H212 but for around 80 USD you can get a noctua chromax black cooler which will perform just as well, but if you want the AIO for the looks the ML240 is a very solid option,

EDIT: Be quiet Dark rock 4 is also a good 80 USD option

12 minutes ago, JustinNgos said:

AIO for aesthetics and air for Budget so yeah

I use Master Liquid 240 non-lite and it handles my 2700X like a champ. Unfortunately the included fans aren't very good. At anything more than 40% speed they're uncomfortably loud. I'm planning on replacing them soon.

I'd have gone for an air cooler but I really like the looks of an AIO. At this price point especially it's the only reason to go with CLC to be honest.

13 hours ago, JustinNgos said:

Hyper 212 Black Edition, for its great performance for the price. The Masterliquid 240L is not a good aio. And for a 3600, the 212 is more than enough. For its acoustic and thermal performance, you won’t be disappointed