Friends new build wont post

diabloinfinnity

Budget (including currency): 

my friend took his new pc that would not post to a pc shop and there telling him that they think the blue usb cable is or could be bent and to come back tomorrow

correct me if wrong but that would not casue the pc not not show no signs of power, completely optional feature to have depending if youre case supports usb3? shouldn't need to be plugged in?

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: 

Other details (existing parts lists, whether any peripherals are needed, what you're upgrading from, when you're going to buy, what resolution and refresh rate you want to play at, etc): 

wrong section. as far as the usb cable causing the pc not to boot, i've never heard of such a thing. if it is causing a short due to being bent or damaged, sure, shouldn't need a shop to tell you one way or the other though.. sounds like he may have lucked out when they told him to come back tomorrow(don't lol).

-= Moved to Troubleshooting =-

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

Reputation is a Lifetime to create but seconds to destroy.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "to teach is to learn"

CHRISTIAN MEMBER