Not sure what to do with old phone

AzrealNoctis

So, I cracked the screen on my beloved OnePlus 7 pro literally the first day I worked night shift, and after the touch screen started being weird and getting on my nerves, I upgraded to the OnePlus 8 ( nice phone btw, the punch out doesn't bother me as much as I thought it would), but case in point, I now have a cracked OnePlus 7 pro and I have no clue what to do with it. Anyone got some ideas? I cant seem to find any places that will fix it, unless I can still send it to OnePlus and have them fix it.

3 minutes ago, AzrealNoctis said:

So, I cracked the screen on my beloved OnePlus 7 pro literally the first day I worked night shift, and after the touch screen started being weird and getting on my nerves, I upgraded to the OnePlus 8 ( nice phone btw, the punch out doesn't bother me as much as I thought it would), but case in point, I now have a cracked OnePlus 7 pro and I have no clue what to do with it. Anyone got some ideas? I cant seem to find any places that will fix it, unless I can still send it to OnePlus and have them fix it.

How cracked is it and the touch screen doesn't work at all? 

Intel® Core™ i7-12700 | GIGABYTE B660 AORUS MASTER DDR4 | Gigabyte Radeon™ RX 6650 XT Gaming OC | 32GB Corsair Vengeance® RGB Pro SL DDR4 | Samsung 990 Pro 1TB | WD Green 1.5TB | Windows 11 Pro | NZXT H510 Flow White
Sony MDR-V250 | GNT-500 | Logitech G610 Orion Brown | Logitech G402 | Samsung C27JG5 | ASUS ProArt PA238QR
iPhone 12 Mini (iOS 17.2.1) | iPhone XR (iOS 17.2.1) | iPad Mini (iOS 9.3.5) | KZ AZ09 Pro x KZ ZSN Pro X | Sennheiser HD450bt
Intel® Core™ i7-1265U | Kioxia KBG50ZNV512G | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Enterprise | HP EliteBook 650 G9
Intel® Core™ i5-8520U | WD Blue M.2 250GB | 1TB Seagate FireCuda | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Home | ASUS Vivobook 15 
Intel® Core™ i7-3520M | GT 630M | 16 GB Corsair Vengeance® DDR3 |
Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | macOS Catalina | Lenovo IdeaPad P580

Nice pendrive. :)

But seriously - you can control your phone using MyPhoneExplorer or just by linking to Windows using YourPhone app. If your computer has bluetooth, you can even make phonecalls.

7 minutes ago, AzrealNoctis said:

Oneplus still fixes the oneplus3 screens bro.

Sell it and someone else can send it in for repair, or send it in yourself and give it to someone?

You could sell for parts on eBay, or if you're feeling adventurous, try to fix it yourself. Otherwise you should look into responsible recycling.

OnePlus does offer repair services. According to their replacement part pricing page, the cost is parts + 30 dollars for an out-of-warranty service charge.  For you, that would likely be about $190 (165 + 30 + shipping and taxes): https://www.oneplus.com/support/repair-pricing/details?code=11

F#$k timezone programming. Use UTC! (See XKCD #1883)

PC Specs:

Ryzen 5900x, MSI 3070Ti, 2 x 1 TiB SSDs, 32 GB 3400 DDR4, Cooler Master NR200P

1 minute ago, Dk SPYder said:

you can use it as a great web cam with the rite softwere 

That's a pretty good idea, especially if there's a way to control it remotely (I'm sure there is, I just know of Samsung's solution) from your computer since the display is smashed. 

Intel® Core™ i7-12700 | GIGABYTE B660 AORUS MASTER DDR4 | Gigabyte Radeon™ RX 6650 XT Gaming OC | 32GB Corsair Vengeance® RGB Pro SL DDR4 | Samsung 990 Pro 1TB | WD Green 1.5TB | Windows 11 Pro | NZXT H510 Flow White
Sony MDR-V250 | GNT-500 | Logitech G610 Orion Brown | Logitech G402 | Samsung C27JG5 | ASUS ProArt PA238QR
iPhone 12 Mini (iOS 17.2.1) | iPhone XR (iOS 17.2.1) | iPad Mini (iOS 9.3.5) | KZ AZ09 Pro x KZ ZSN Pro X | Sennheiser HD450bt
Intel® Core™ i7-1265U | Kioxia KBG50ZNV512G | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Enterprise | HP EliteBook 650 G9
Intel® Core™ i5-8520U | WD Blue M.2 250GB | 1TB Seagate FireCuda | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Home | ASUS Vivobook 15 
Intel® Core™ i7-3520M | GT 630M | 16 GB Corsair Vengeance® DDR3 |
Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | macOS Catalina | Lenovo IdeaPad P580

2 minutes ago, BlueChinchillaEatingDorito said:

That's a pretty good idea, especially if there's a way to control it remotely (I'm sure there is, I just know of Samsung's solution) from your computer since the display is smashed. 

Oh, there totally is. Just search up "phone webcam / security cam" on Google Play, there are a bunch of apps that do it. Here's one on F-droid:https://f-droid.org/en/packages/com.dngames.mobilewebcam/

F#$k timezone programming. Use UTC! (See XKCD #1883)

PC Specs:

Ryzen 5900x, MSI 3070Ti, 2 x 1 TiB SSDs, 32 GB 3400 DDR4, Cooler Master NR200P

26 minutes ago, BlueChinchillaEatingDorito said:

How cracked is it and the touch screen doesn't work at all? 

The touch still works, just it likes to misbehave when it's in a bad mood, such as shooting you all the way over to Africa when your trying to zoom in on maps, or smashing the back button at the speed of light

2 minutes ago, AzrealNoctis said:

The touch still works, just it likes to misbehave when it's in a bad mood, such as shooting you all the way over to Africa when your trying to zoom in on maps, or smashing the back button at the speed of light

Here's a pic of my beloved old friend, may you rest in peace OnePlus 7 pro, you will be missed 😞

15985501294334755610212486043816.jpg

20 hours ago, AzrealNoctis said:

Sell ore recycle? 

Dirty Windows Peasants :P ?