Corsair Obsidian 650D Air Flow help

BrunstigElg
I have a Corsair Obsidian 650D case and I have been thinking about buying a Corsair H80i cooler.
I would like you guys´ opinions about where to place the H80i.

I´m thinking about removing the top 200mm stock fan and placing the H80i at the top-front as an intake and then adding a 120/140mm fan at the top-rear as an exhaust.
(so I end up with the 200mm intake stock front fan, 120mm exhaust stock rear fan, a h80i intake at the top-front, and an AF140 (for example) exhaust at the top-rear)

What are your opinions on this? Other suggestions are welcome!

Image attached
post-17544-0-25890300-1367432487.png

Change the top left from exhaust to intake so that you will have a positive air pressure environment so that it is harder for dust to settle :)

Change the top left from exhaust to intake so that you will have a positive air pressure environment so that it is harder for dust to settle :)

Wouldn´t that damage the air flow?

Dust isn´t that big of a problem to me - i clean my case ragularly :)

Also, what´s positive air pressure? XD

Hmm. I would just keep the stock 200mm fan at the top as well and put the H80i in the back as an exhaust. It would probably keep the noise down.

edit: The problem with making the H80i an intake is it's just going bring hot air into the case, which isn't good obviously.

Positive air pressure means you have more intake fans than exhaust fans. This keeps the air pressure in the case higher so that air / dust is naturally pushed out without fans because the air has to go somewhere. Still, it's good for at least one fan near the CPU area to assist with moving that air out faster. My fan setup is two in the front, one in the back. Then I have the Noctua NH-D14 with 2 fans on it pushing towards the back.

Hmm. I would just keep the stock 200mm fan at the top as well and put the H80i in the back as an exhaust. It would probably keep the noise down.

edit: The problem with making the H80i an intake is it's just going bring hot air into the case, which isn't good obviously.

Positive air pressure means you have more intake fans than exhaust fans. This keeps the air pressure in the case higher so that air / dust is naturally pushed out without fans because the air has to go somewhere. Still, it's good for at least one fan near the CPU area to assist with moving that air out faster. My fan setup is two in the front, one in the back. Then I have the Noctua NH-D14 with 2 fans on it pushing towards the back.

Oh okay, makes sense :D

But why is it going to push hot air into the case?

Once the cooler air from outside goes through your hot radiator, it will become… hot air. As another suggestion, get the Noctua NF-F12s to go along with the H80i. They're great! By the way nice case. I have the Corsair 550D, which is very similar.

Once the cooler air from outside goes through your hot radiator, it will become… hot air. As another suggestion, get the Noctua NF-F12s to go along with the H80i. They're great! By the way nice case. I have the Corsair 550D, which is very similar.

Didn´t think about that XD

But if I place the h80i in the back as an exhaust I will get negative air pressure right?

Where should i place the Noctua fan (if i get one - i hate that they´re brown)?

Thanks! :D

If you're not worried about dust, then negative air pressure isn't a big deal. To get positive air pressure with the 650D is a little bit difficult because there is no bottom intake fan near the PSU. You would have to take out the 200mm fan at the top and put in two 140mm fans, one exhaust and one intake.

I'd put the NF-F12s right on your radiator, they're perfect for pushing or pulling through dense radiators. 

If you're not worried about dust, then negative air pressure isn't a big deal. To get positive air pressure with the 650D is a little bit difficult because there is no bottom intake fan near the PSU. You would have to take out the 200mm fan at the top and put in two 140mm fans, one exhaust and one intake.

I'd put the NF-F12s right on your radiator, they're perfect for pushing or pulling through dense radiators. 

What if I put the h80i at the top together with a 140mm, both as exhaust. and then switch my rear 120mm to intake? :)

Sounds like a better plan, that would work well!

I guess this will both give me positive air pressure and good airflow around my motherboard? :D

You will have 2 intakes, the front and the PSU intake, use those as intakes (doh). The use the top and the rear fans as exhaust. 

Come and join the awesome Official LTT Star Citizen Org at LTT Conglomerat,  GTA 5 LTT Crew at LTT Conglomarate

PC Specs - 4770k - OC 4.5GHz  - GTX 780 SC - 16GB HyperX - NZXT H440 White - Corsair H100i - Corsair AX750 - Samsung Evo 250GB - 2 x PA238Q - ATH-M50 - 

You will have 2 intakes, the front and the PSU intake, use those as intakes (doh). The use the top and the rear fans as exhaust. 

The PSU is a closed system. It intakes from the bottom and exhausts to the rear :)