Ryzen 3600 cores 2/6 sky high temps

Shovelupgold

Hi all , 

These are my hw monitor temps on newly installed 3600 and h60 in a sff sg13:

https://imgur.com/9pjzz4g

I have cleaned and reapplied thermal paste and tried swapping coolers butnstill the same high temps on core 2 and 6

Could this be faulty cpu or Mobo / which shall  I try and return ??

Thanks for your help ! 

By H60, I assume you mean the Corsair AIO liquid cooler. Have you taken the plastic film off the heatsink? It should look something like this:

AIO Film.jpg

Yupp , no film just had thermal paste preapplied but have since removed and reapplied  for testing

Hmm. Then I don't think it's a coverage issue on the cooler or thermal paste's part, as I don't think that cores 3 and 6 are next to each other on the die. Also, as far as I know, motherboards can't really affect CPU temps outside of allowing for better power delivery.

In my (less knowledgeable) opinion, it may be a faulty CPU. Someone else please correct me if I'm wrong though.

Sounds like you have looked at the first usual suspects, Make sure your mounting on the cooler is secure and you are getting full contact. Id say check you loop for air bubbles and check your fluid temperature but that's no usually something you can do with an AIO. Check your airflow through your rad. If you are attempting any overclocking make sure you are running the CPU at stock settings until you can sort out the problem as higher voltages will increase your thermals. Have a look at the performance tab in task manager and see if this is load related on those cores.

Everything still at stock levels,  replacing the motherboard first to double check that as cpu is showing no stock atm, thanks for the feedback though