What is facebook doing in my background?

I haven't open facebook since 2-3 month and then I see this

Spoiler

IMG_20200825_204528.thumb.jpg.e9775945b1e4ccdd9b7d47797defbab9.jpg

What the fuck it doing in background I haven't even open it for a second🤷🏼‍♂️. I didn't even give it a single permission.

Spoiler

IMG_20200825_204606.thumb.jpg.17af6d0216f6f20d5cc6af600de8dd39.jpg

Then I cleared cacha and disabled it, then charged my phone.

Spoiler

IMG_20200825_205023.thumb.jpg.12589e1e81ecc85d9a7919d6a35b47bc.jpg

👆This happens after 4 hours 🤦,even after disabling and clearing cache data.

Finally deleted Facebook.

Sending the Zuck all that sweet sweet personal information about how you use your phone, where you've been, who you've been calling and texting etc etc.

Main Rig:-

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Server:-

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

Placed your photos in spoiler for you....

1 hour ago, SakethS said:

Finally deleted Facebook 😒

That was a wise move.

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

Reputation is a Lifetime to create but seconds to destroy.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "to teach is to learn"

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

2 hours ago, SansVarnic said:

Placed your photos in spoiler for you....

That was a wise move.

Absolutely

4 hours ago, Master Disaster said:

Sending the Zuck all that sweet sweet personal information about how you use your phone, where you've been, who you've been calling and texting etc etc.

I didn't give it any app permission, even though I don't think it needs 😅.

I use it for games, etc.

Facebook is always running in the background. Always listening. Always spying. Always "ready" for you to pick it up and use it. Also it needs to always be running for Facebook Messenger, so that doesn't help either.

You could've also just Disabled it instead of outright uninstalling it in case you ever wanted to reuse it again (good that you could, some phones install it as a System app by default and you can't do anything to it).

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

Depends on a ton of different things. If it has storage permission, it's snooping though files. If there's video/photo and audio, could be recording that. If there's location enabled, it's definitely recording that. If there's data it can record, it will. It sounds like you only have it because you needed it for something like messenger. It will of course be recording that. 

And good on uninstalling it

Either @piratemonkey or quote me when responding to me. I won't see otherwise

Put a reaction on my post if I helped

My privacy guide | Why my name is piratemonkey PSU Tier List Motherboard VRM Tier List

What I say is from experience and the internet, and may not be 100% correct

3 minutes ago, TetraSky said:

Facebook is always running in the background. Always listening. Always spying. Always "ready" for you to pick it up and use it. Also it needs to always be running for Facebook Messenger, so that doesn't help either.

You could've also just Disabled it instead of outright uninstalling it in case you ever wanted to reuse it again (good that you could, some phones install it as a System app by default and you can't do anything to it).

I disabled it and cleared cache data(after taking that 1st screenshot), 4 hours after that I took 2nd screenshot. #no_use, so uninstalled 😁

2 minutes ago, piratemonkey said:

Depends on a ton of different things. If it has storage permission, it's snooping though files. If there's video/photo and audio, could be recording that. If there's location enabled, it's definitely recording that. If there's data it can record, it will. It sounds like you only have it because you needed it for something like messenger. It will of course be recording that. 

And good on uninstalling it

No permission are given, in my case

7 hours ago, Caroline said:

Have you deleted facebook the software or your facebook account? It takes a few time to "delete" your account although I don't think your data is ever removed from their servers.

Even if you don't have an account they can profile you, the same with Google.

Do you use the stock google OS on your phone or a custom rom? there are a couple that seems to be nice and more privacy focused if you care about it

Wooo I didn't know that. I only deleted app, need account so😓.