I need a little bit of Aid connecting my VDG . May have burned it

EurekaAkerue

So I was trying to connect the thermaltake T20 Fans to my Mobo using the VDG Cable.

Mobo is a b360m Aorus gaming 3 and seems to be supported. I plug in the VDG cable into the VDG slot along w/ the M/B-In slot and the other VDG into my Mobo VDG slot and turn it on. Then a puff of smoke o_o from the VDG cable i assume. turned everything off. Everything seems to be fine but i suspect the cable or the case rgb mobo might be fried but otherwise manual rgb still works fine.

Now to my questions..

1) Where do i plug the other end of the VDG cable on my case controller ?  Does it go into the LED out slot or the M/B-In Slot?. 

2) My mobo says something about the 5v and 12v LED slots using a jumper to control voltage and i'm not sure what that exactly means. Mobo is a b360m aorus gaming 3.

3) Does it matter which direction i install the VDG cable onto my mobo?

118004401_1818750428278661_9122697254200626325_n.jpg?_nc_cat=108&_nc_sid=b96e70&_nc_eui2=AeEfQN0k73ETrPYQyUiW0_4sUCQ6Bfoc8qlQJDoF-hzyqfH_a3HOEMzbUKQx4r6eXoXvVFUMqt4duA0oEbZiD0EW&_nc_ohc=5hBPZAaSGB4AX-gRhyZ&_nc_ht=scontent.fisb1-1.fna&_nc_tp=6&oh=e1976275b4e8e9dacdef72db7fb73c08&oe=5F670C76

first i googled thermaltake T20 Fans and got nothing so.....

second if you do have a vdg mb header and you plug it in wrong then ya it will brake it. (yes you do infact have the old VDG mb header)

vdg stand for voltage data ground. on argb fans they uses 5v and on rgb fan they uses 12v

there are adjustable mb header voltages from what i understand but argb should be set to 5v. (they do make 12v argb stuff but its rare)

i found the maul the one on the site was not helpful... the argb should be set to default 5v. you must have just plugged it in backwards and probably fried something.

asus uaura 3 mb rgb pins.png

there should be an arrow on the vdg connector that the arrow has to line up with the v on the mb header.

vdg.jpg

Edited by thrasher_565

I have dyslexia plz be kind to me. dont like my post dont read it or respond thx

also i edit post alot because you no why...

Thrasher_565 hub links build logs

Corsair Lian Li Bykski Barrow thermaltake nzxt aquacomputer 5v argb pin out guide + argb info

5v device to 12v mb header

Odds and Sods Argb Rgb Links

13 hours ago, thrasher_565 said:

first i googled thermaltake T20 Fans and got nothing so.....

second if you do have a vdg mb header and you plug it in wrong then ya it will brake it. (yes you do infact have the old VDG mb header)

vdg stand for voltage data ground. on argb fans they uses 5v and on rgb fan they uses 12v

there are adjustable mb header voltages from what i understand but argb should be set to 5v. (they do make 12v argb stuff but its rare)

i found the maul the one on the site was not helpful... the argb should be set to default 5v. you must have just plugged it in backwards and probably fried something.

asus uaura 3 mb rgb pins.png

there should be an arrow on the vdg connector that the arrow has to line up with the v on the mb header.

vdg.jpg

Thankyou !. This cleared up a lot of my confusion,

Just one last question, on the picture i posted above. where do i plug in the end of the VDG cable?

in the m/b in slot or the LED OUT slot?

2 hours ago, EurekaAkerue said:

Thankyou !. This cleared up a lot of my confusion,

Just one last question, on the picture i posted above. where do i plug in the end of the VDG cable?

in the m/b in slot or the LED OUT slot?

i don't no dose your case not have a manual?

I have dyslexia plz be kind to me. dont like my post dont read it or respond thx

also i edit post alot because you no why...

Thrasher_565 hub links build logs

Corsair Lian Li Bykski Barrow thermaltake nzxt aquacomputer 5v argb pin out guide + argb info

5v device to 12v mb header

Odds and Sods Argb Rgb Links