Need advice for new budget graphic card

Diegonnc

Hello i need some help and guidance regarding a new graphic card for my budget build . So far i was aiming for a brand new rx 580 8gb version but today i got a special offer from someone that lives on my samec city for a very cheap rx 570 4gb version .

Im aiming to be able to play at 1080p current and future games too and i was wondering how much worse is the rx 570 compared to the 580 and how limiting will those 4gb less that the rx 570 has? 

In my country prices are really really high so for you to have an idea i currently have a very old gpu (R9 270 2Gb dual fan) , and a brand new rx 580 8gb version cost me around $270 ,meanwhile this guy offered me a used rx 570 4gb for about 80$ and my current gpu as part of the payment , Taking all of that into account i wanna listen to recommendations about my specific situation .

My pc currently

cpu -> ryzen 5 3400G ( i know i should aim to change this to a 3600 but no money yet)

ram-> 16gb

psu -> CoolerMaster 550W TUF edtion

Ps: I really wanna play cyberpunk 2077 when it comes out so take that into consideration too :P

If youre sticking to 1080 60 you will be fine, you may find on higher end games you will be turning down some graphics settings to keep above 60 but you will be able to play just about anything with tweaking

CPU: i5-4690k @ 4.4 GHz | RAM: 12GB DDR3 1333MHz | GPU: Sapphire Pulse RX 580 4GB 

4 minutes ago, DakotaWebber said:

If youre sticking to 1080 60 you will be fine, you may find on higher end games you will be turning down some graphics settings to keep above 60 but you will be able to play just about anything with tweaking

You mean with the rx 570 i will be fine ? even if its only 4gb ?

21 minutes ago, Diegonnc said:

You mean with the rx 570 i will be fine ? even if its only 4gb ?

Yeah that what he meant but however you will need to lower the setting in the new Triple A Title Games.
Also if you planing to upgrade your GPU I would recommend Ryzen 3 3300X if you only focus for gaming  but again Ryzen 5 3600 has more cores which should help you a lot more with multitasking as it's an all rounder for budget builds. 

14 minutes ago, Kungfupanda said:

Yeah that what he meant but however you will need to lower the setting in the new Triple A Title Games.
Also if you planing to upgrade your GPU I would recommend Ryzen 3 3300X if you only focus for gaming  but again Ryzen 5 3600 has more cores which should help you a lot more with multitasking as it's an all rounder for budget builds. 

So far nobody replied about the ammount of vram needed for games , its 4gb okay ? or will 8gb make a difference in terms of lets say "cranking up the game texture settings to maximum" ?

1 hour ago, Diegonnc said:

will 8gb make a difference in terms of lets say "cranking up the game texture settings to maximum" ?

You wont be able to really with the 570 for the kind of games that will use more than 4gb, so 4gb is "enough"

I have a Rx580 and can play any game at 1080 with tweaking

CPU: i5-4690k @ 4.4 GHz | RAM: 12GB DDR3 1333MHz | GPU: Sapphire Pulse RX 580 4GB 

34 minutes ago, Diegonnc said:

So far nobody replied about the ammount of vram needed for games , its 4gb okay ? or will 8gb make a difference in terms of lets say "cranking up the game texture settings to maximum" ?

that Depends on the game you want to play as they come with system requirement but again it depends so it's not like 8gb is gonna give you significant boost but rather it's the amount of memory VRAM the game will use to process the game. if you can it's always better to get 8GB but again since your on a tight budget get 4 GB should be enough.

For example you get RX 570 than had 8 gb and you try to play cyber punk with max setting, you can run it but you will get low frame rate cuz it's not all about the size of the VRAM it's the type and with architecture it's design put into it. plus the new graphic have better core, higher frequency, Software tuning, hardware acceleration and better VRAM type that why there are better frame rate at ruining the games with maximum settings.

You can always get better frame rate by overclocking your GPU by increasing it's power consumption and boosting it to higher clocks but there is always a down side your will heat up your GPU and also decrease the life span of your GPU. 

Note: You can try asking the guy who is selling you rx 570 if the GPU was used for mining if yes, then reconsider it as some of the GPU using in mining have some decrease performance. 

39 minutes ago, Kungfupanda said:

that Depends on the game you want to play as they come with system requirement but again it depends so it's not like 8gb is gonna give you significant boost but rather it's the amount of memory VRAM the game will use to process the game. if you can it's always better to get 8GB but again since your on a tight budget get 4 GB should be enough.

For example you get RX 570 than had 8 gb and you try to play cyber punk with max setting, you can run it but you will get low frame rate cuz it's not all about the size of the VRAM it's the type and with architecture it's design put into it. plus the new graphic have better core, higher frequency, Software tuning, hardware acceleration and better VRAM type that why there are better frame rate at ruining the games with maximum settings.

You can always get better frame rate by overclocking your GPU by increasing it's power consumption and boosting it to higher clocks but there is always a down side your will heat up your GPU and also decrease the life span of your GPU. 

Note: You can try asking the guy who is selling you rx 570 if the GPU was used for mining if yes, then reconsider it as some of the GPU using in mining have some decrease performance. 

According to him it has only 2 months of light usage and never was used for mining so yeah , maybe its a good call.

2 minutes ago, Diegonnc said:

According to him it has only 2 months of light usage and never was used for mining so yeah , maybe its a good call.

Yeah it is make sure he has the bill as well for warranty purpose 

I have also another suggestion but it depend on you I recently brought AMD RX 5700 but I had flash it with RX 5700 XT for performance uplift however i would do a recommend you research at bit and once your confident you can try flash it with RX 590 bios. 

9 hours ago, Kungfupanda said:

I have also another suggestion but it depend on you I recently brought AMD RX 5700 but I had flash it with RX 5700 XT for performance uplift however i would do a recommend you research at bit and once your confident you can try flash it with RX 590 bios. 

NOT a good idea. That's a great way to brick a GPU. Unless you're willing to throw away all the money you spent on the GPU, stick with the BIOS that is on the GPU from the manufacturer.

CPURyzen 7 5800X Cooler: Arctic Liquid Freezer II 120mm AIO with push-pull Arctic P12 PWM fans RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws V 4x8GB 3600 16-16-16-30

MotherboardASRock X570M Pro4 GPUASRock RX 5700 XT Reference with Eiswolf GPX-Pro 240 AIO Case: Antec P5 PSU: Rosewill Capstone 750M

Monitor: ASUS ROG Strix XG32VC Case Fans: 2x Arctic P12 PWM Storage: HP EX950 1TB NVMe, Mushkin Pilot-E 1TB NVMe, 2x Constellation ES 2TB in RAID1

https://hwbot.org/submission/4497882_btgbullseye_gpupi_v3.3___32b_radeon_rx_5700_xt_13min_37sec_848ms

17 minutes ago, BTGbullseye said:

NOT a good idea. That's a great way to brick a GPU. Unless you're willing to throw away all the money you spent on the GPU, stick with the BIOS that is on the GPU from the manufacturer.

I agree with that if the gpu has only one bios ... if there's a bios switch then you could always try to flash one of the bios and would just have to flip the switch in case you brick that one.  I'm not sure if any rx570 even came with bios switch anyway.  Also maybe there's a better chance of success if it's an rx580 4gb bios than an rx590 8gb bios. I'm not really familiar with gpu bios flash so I'm just throwing idea there.

I9 10850K

EVGA RTX 3080 TI FTW3 ULTRA

32 Gb Crucial Balistix ddr4 3600mHz 16-18-18-38

MSI Z490 Tomahawk

Fractal Design Ion+ 860W platinum

Arctic Liquid Freezer II, 360mm

WB Black SN750 NVMe ssd

TeamGroup L5 3D Lite 1 Tb sata SSD

10 hours ago, Kungfupanda said:

Not really eager to risk my hard earnerd money for some boost on performance, i would be happy with what i get so thats okay. Anyways im still unsure on which one to get , i kinda wanna still get the 8gb version (rx 570 or rx580) compared to the 4gb one mostly coz i know some games will ask for 8gb .

3 minutes ago, Diegonnc said:

Not really eager to risk my hard earnerd money for some boost on performance, i would be happy with what i get so thats okay. Anyways im still unsure on which one to get , i kinda wanna still get the 8gb version (rx 570 or rx580) compared to the 4gb one mostly coz i know some games will ask for 8gb .

I would go rx580 4gb way before rx570 8gb ... if they are all priced about the same then get the rx580 8gb but if there's a significant difference I would just settle for rx 580 4gb

I9 10850K

MSI Z490 Tomahawk

WB Black SN750 NVMe ssd

5 hours ago, Dr0y said:

I agree with that if the gpu has only one bios ... if there's a bios switch then you could always try to flash one of the bios and would just have to flip the switch in case you brick that one.  I'm not sure if any rx570 even came with bios switch anyway.  Also maybe there's a better chance of success if it's an rx580 4gb bios than an rx590 8gb bios. I'm not really familiar with gpu bios flash so I'm just throwing idea there.

The problem is, if you ever have issues down the line, you've voided your warranty by flashing, even if it has a dual BIOS.

Basic rules for hardware:

1. Don't void your warranty EVER unless you're willing to throw away the money you spent on that hardware if it doesn't work right.

2. Overclock at your own risk, as that CAN and DOES void warranties.

3. AMD and Nvidia are usually (but not always) an exception to #2, Intel NEVER is.

CPURyzen 7 5800X Cooler: Arctic Liquid Freezer II 120mm AIO with push-pull Arctic P12 PWM fans RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws V 4x8GB 3600 16-16-16-30

MotherboardASRock X570M Pro4 GPUASRock RX 5700 XT Reference with Eiswolf GPX-Pro 240 AIO Case: Antec P5 PSU: Rosewill Capstone 750M

Monitor: ASUS ROG Strix XG32VC Case Fans: 2x Arctic P12 PWM Storage: HP EX950 1TB NVMe, Mushkin Pilot-E 1TB NVMe, 2x Constellation ES 2TB in RAID1

https://hwbot.org/submission/4497882_btgbullseye_gpupi_v3.3___32b_radeon_rx_5700_xt_13min_37sec_848ms

1 hour ago, BTGbullseye said:

The problem is, if you ever have issues down the line, you've voided your warranty by flashing, even if it has a dual BIOS.

If there is still a warranty to void in the first place on the used rx 570 he was considering. 

I9 10850K

MSI Z490 Tomahawk

WB Black SN750 NVMe ssd

2 minutes ago, Dr0y said:

If there is still a warranty to void in the first place on the used rx 570 he was considering. 

There usually is, if the card still works. They're still selling these cards new.

1 hour ago, BTGbullseye said:

There usually is, if the card still works. They're still selling these cards new.

I just asked this guy and he doesnt have any written warranties , he just said "its only being used 3 months" that makes me think he was not the first user of the card tho , for now im still thinking about just saving some more and go for a brand new rx 580 8gb with a full written 12 months garranty from the place im buying it.

1 hour ago, Diegonnc said:

I just asked this guy and he doesnt have any written warranties , he just said "its only being used 3 months" that makes me think he was not the first user of the card tho , for now im still thinking about just saving some more and go for a brand new rx 580 8gb with a full written 12 months garranty from the place im buying it.

You should be able to check the warranty status using the serial number on the card. Normal warranty period is 2-3 years from the manufacturer.