Gigabyte Windforce 2070 2X or Asus 2070 turbo blower

MTrencovski

Hi all. I bought a cheap 2070 windforce 2x of ebay. When I unboxed the package that came today it was a Asus 2070 turbo blower. I messaged the seller and he said I can keep the card or I can send it back and get the original card. Both cards are used. Should I stick with the Asus card or not? Thanks for any help

I would send it back and get the original card. In my experience, blower cards are generally louder and run hotter than traditionally cooled cards. 

Main PC:

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X • Noctua NH-D15 • MSI MAG B550 Tomahawk • 2x8GB G.skill Trident Z Neo 3600MHz CL16 • MSI VENTUS 3X GeForce RTX 3070 OC • Samsung 970 Evo 1TB • Samsung 860 Evo 1TB • Cosair iCUE 465X RGB • Corsair RMx 750W (White)

Peripherals/Other:

ASUS VG27AQ • G PRO K/DA • G502 Hero K/DA • G733 K/DA • G840 K/DA • Oculus Quest 2 • Nintendo Switch (Rev. 2)

Laptop (Dell XPS 13):

Intel Core i7-1195G7 • Intel Iris Xe Graphics • 16GB LPDDR4x 4267MHz • 512GB M.2 PCIe NVMe SSD • 13.4" OLED 3.5K InfinityEdge Display (3456x2160, 400nit, touch). 

Got any questions about my system or peripherals? Feel free to tag me (@bellabichon) and I'll be happy to give you my two cents. 

PSA: Posting a PCPartPicker list with no explanation isn't helpful for first-time builders :)

1 minute ago, bellabichon said:

I would send it back and get the original card. In my experience, blower cards are generally louder and run hotter than traditionally cooled cards. 

I did a msi afterburner stress test when I got the card and it peaked at 73C and wasn't louder than my case fans. Thoughts? I have heard the Windforce 2Xs are very hot unreliable and noisy

3 minutes ago, bellabichon said:

I would recommend this as well. There is a reason even Nvidia went for a different design for the 20 series. The only reason i would recommend for you to keep that card, is when if you have a small case without a lot of airflow

Just now, MTrencovski said:

I did a msi afterburner stress test when I got the card and it peaked at 73C and wasn't louder than my case fans. Thoughts? I have heard the Windforce 2Xs are very hot unreliable and noisy

Hmm. I don't have much experience with that specific card. 73C is a perfectly fine max temp, so if you're happy, then keep the card. 

Main PC:

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X • Noctua NH-D15 • MSI MAG B550 Tomahawk • 2x8GB G.skill Trident Z Neo 3600MHz CL16 • MSI VENTUS 3X GeForce RTX 3070 OC • Samsung 970 Evo 1TB • Samsung 860 Evo 1TB • Cosair iCUE 465X RGB • Corsair RMx 750W (White)

Peripherals/Other:

ASUS VG27AQ • G PRO K/DA • G502 Hero K/DA • G733 K/DA • G840 K/DA • Oculus Quest 2 • Nintendo Switch (Rev. 2)

Laptop (Dell XPS 13):

Intel Core i7-1195G7 • Intel Iris Xe Graphics • 16GB LPDDR4x 4267MHz • 512GB M.2 PCIe NVMe SSD • 13.4" OLED 3.5K InfinityEdge Display (3456x2160, 400nit, touch). 

Got any questions about my system or peripherals? Feel free to tag me (@bellabichon) and I'll be happy to give you my two cents. 

PSA: Posting a PCPartPicker list with no explanation isn't helpful for first-time builders :)

As I originally bought 2 cards the windforce one is meant to come soon so ill test both out and see what suits better. Thanks for your help

2 minutes ago, bellabichon said:

Hmm. I don't have much experience with that specific card. 73C is a perfectly fine max temp, so if you're happy, then keep the card. 

I bought 2 cards from the guy so the windforce card should come soon, ill test both out and see which one I like more. Thanks so much for your help 

4 minutes ago, bellabichon said:

As I originally bought 2 cards the windforce one is meant to come soon so ill test both out and see what suits better. Thanks for your help

Just now, MTrencovski said:

I bought 2 cards from the guy so the windforce card should come soon, ill test both out and see which one I like more. Thanks so much for your help 

if you bought 2 of the same card for sli, i would recommend you return the other one. having the same card will definitly work better with sli, even if it is being killed

2 minutes ago, Minibeau said:

if you bought 2 of the same card for sli, i would recommend you return the other one. having the same card will definitly work better with sli, even if it is being killed

Didnt actually buy for sli cards were 230£ a peice and I grabbed 2 to resell to a friend. Anyways you can't sli on these cards anyways

1 minute ago, MTrencovski said:

Didnt actually buy for sli cards were 230£ a peice and I grabbed 2 to resell to a friend

Then definitly wait till the other cards arrives and test it. keep a good look at the core speeds, since those might vary quite a bit cause of GPU boost 3.0. I personally don't care about how loud my pc gets, so i would go for the better performing one as long as it doesn't get too hot.