Phone battery punctured.

ihavequestions

My brother had an old LG X Power and it is a Li-ion (Lithium Ion) battery and it was cracked quite a bit and it eventually got water damage or something happened to it and we removed the back, and I made a stupid move of trying to remove a Non-Removeable battery with a knife and I ended up puncturing the Li-ion battery. Didn't go all the way through and not even half way through, just a small surface puncture and when it punctured, a little bit of black smoke came out of the battery and I imediately ran from the phone not trying to inhale the battery and left the room for a good 3 minutes. And then threw away the phone, I inhaled little to no smoke, is that still a health concern. I have a fan blowing from my window blowing air out also.

1 minute ago, Shimejii said:

Just keep out of the room for a while while the air clears out.

Well the fan was running for awhile and I am pretty sure it's aired out and it was a tiny bit of black smoke. The battery didn't really heat up or anything. Just a surface puncture and I am in the room with a face mask on right now....

No it's fine.

Hopefully you threw the phone away properly because if you jut threw it in the garbage it could cause a fire if the lithium starts burning agian.

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020