Having a bad contrast issue. Seems like something is turning on as windows loads. Everything looks ugly

smmmokin

This started out of nowhere. On the picture I attached the left side is how everything has looked for the last year. I haven't changed or updated any drivers and can't remember doing anything to cause this. One day I realized how ugly it looks and can't pinpoint it to anything. When I boot up as soon as I get into windows and see the desktop everything looks great. But once the system fully loads it changes over to what it looks like on the right. It's like the contrast is cranked right up. It stays like that system wide even in games.

I got Display Driver Uninstaller and cleaned up everything to rule that out. I've gone into Nvidia control panel but only have Adjust with preview, Manage 3D & Physx. Searched windows settings with a fine tooth comb and scoured the internet. It's gotta be something turning on after everything boots up and my desktop is showing. You can see it change from the left picture to the right picture.

Does anyone have any ideas?

It's an Asus FX705DT. AMD Vega 10 & GTX 1650.

Aside from the contrast being cranked everything still runs perfectly.

1.jpg

4 minutes ago, smmmokin said:

This started out of nowhere. On the picture I attached the left side is how everything has looked for the last year. I haven't changed or updated any drivers and can't remember doing anything to cause this. One day I realized how ugly it looks and can't pinpoint it to anything. When I boot up as soon as I get into windows and see the desktop everything looks great. But once the system fully loads it changes over to what it looks like on the right. It's like the contrast is cranked right up. It stays like that system wide even in games.

I got Display Driver Uninstaller and cleaned up everything to rule that out. I've gone into Nvidia control panel but only have Adjust with preview, Manage 3D & Physx. Searched windows settings with a fine tooth comb and scoured the internet. It's gotta be something turning on after everything boots up and my desktop is showing. You can see it change from the left picture to the right picture.

Does anyone have any ideas?

It's an Asus FX705DT. AMD Vega 10 & GTX 1650.

Aside from the contrast being cranked everything still runs perfectly.

1.jpg

Check using Autoruns if there are app that can change appearance of the display

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/downloads/autoruns

Download the .zip and run with "Autoruns.exe"

In my ASUS laptop (from 2013) everything looks like it has some kind of yellow tint on it but when I use the HDMI output everything looks normal

Although DDU and driver reinstall is done..

maybe check: 

ujs3urp97d8y.jpg

I edit my posts more often than not

4 minutes ago, Tan3l6 said:

Although DDU and driver reinstall is done..

maybe check: 

Thats another weird thing. a long time ago I used to have all those settings in the panel. But at some point they disappeared and this is all I have. I feel like if I had those settings I could tackle this. Nothing makes sense with this thing lol.

gcp.jpg

21 minutes ago, smmmokin said:

Thats another weird thing. a long time ago I used to have all those settings in the panel. But at some point they disappeared and this is all I have. I feel like if I had those settings I could tackle this. Nothing makes sense with this thing lol.

gcp.jpg

You are using the iGPU instead of the GPU in this instance so you can't toggle Nvidia settings

42 minutes ago, Jenko32 said:

Check using Autoruns if there are app that can change appearance of the display

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/downloads/autoruns

Download the .zip and run with "Autoruns.exe"

Nothing in there but thanks for mentioning Autoruns. Interesting to have. I think a reinstall is in order. I hate windows so much. It's always something.