Windows 10 Home Key - Activation Question

Mister Woof

So I'm not talking about grey market keys, I'm talking about this:

https://www.amazon.com/Microsoft-Windows-10-Home-Download/dp/B01019BM7O/ref=sr_1_3?dchild=1&keywords=windows+10&qid=1597857150&sr=8-3

This appears to be a full retail version of the OS, not an OEM system builder.

Does this mean this license will allow you to transfer from one system to another (not tied to motherboard), unlike the OEM/System Builder keys?

I am assembling a computer for a family member and I don't want them to have to deal with a watermark. But I also want to be able to use this on future upgrades, if needed.

Also, can this be tied to a single Microsoft account, and transferred to other computers when the time comes?

I've only ever used OEM keys, so this would be my first retail purchase.

Also - can someone confirm that this link is indeed to the full retail version?

Thanks

Before you reply to my post, REFRESH. 99.99% chance I edited my post. 

My System: i7-13700KF // Corsair iCUE H150i Elite Capellix // MSI MPG Z690 Edge Wifi // 32GB DDR5 G. SKILL RIPJAWS S5 6000 CL32 // Nvidia RTX 4070 Super FE // Corsair 5000D Airflow // Corsair SP120 RGB Pro x7 // Seasonic Focus Plus Gold 850w //1TB ADATA XPG SX8200 Pro/1TB Teamgroup MP33/2TB Seagate 7200RPM Hard Drive // Displays: LG Ultragear 32GP83B x2 // Royal Kludge RK100 // Logitech G Pro X Superlight // Sennheiser DROP PC38x

1 minute ago, Mister Woof said:

Amazon is stupid and showing me a localized version of the webpage, so can't judge. I'll have to assume it's a retail key.

2 minutes ago, Mister Woof said:

Does this mean this license will allow you to transfer from one system to another (not tied to motherboard), unlike the OEM/System Builder keys?

Yep. That and the Microsoft support are the two main advantages of a retail key.

3 minutes ago, Mister Woof said:

Also, can this be tied to a single Microsoft account, and transferred to other computers when the time comes?

If you have internet connected during the install, tying a Microsoft account to the install is now required.

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

To my knowledge with a genuine non-OEM key from the likes of Dell or HP you can tie it to a Microsoft account. This will enable you to transfer it between machines when doing hardware upgrades or OS reinstall should that ever be necessary.

there isn't a difference between buying a literal 2$ key from ebay, receiving it in your email/ebay inbox and using that, and its like 60x cheaper for pro..

Edit: https://www.ebay.com/p/10024215405?iid=353166823526 is the place I used, it's going up in price but its still a LOT better than the one you're gonna get...

4 minutes ago, cxy said:

there isn't a difference between buying a literal 2$ key from ebay, receiving it in your email/ebay inbox and using that, and its like 60x cheaper for pro..

Edit: https://www.ebay.com/p/10024215405?iid=353166823526 is the place I used, it's going up in price but its still a LOT better than the one you're gonna get...

I'm well aware of these types of keys, but thanks for the answer.

My System: i7-13700KF // Corsair iCUE H150i Elite Capellix // MSI MPG Z690 Edge Wifi // 32GB DDR5 G. SKILL RIPJAWS S5 6000 CL32 // Nvidia RTX 4070 Super FE // Corsair 5000D Airflow // Corsair SP120 RGB Pro x7 // Seasonic Focus Plus Gold 850w //1TB ADATA XPG SX8200 Pro/1TB Teamgroup MP33/2TB Seagate 7200RPM Hard Drive // Displays: LG Ultragear 32GP83B x2 // Royal Kludge RK100 // Logitech G Pro X Superlight // Sennheiser DROP PC38x

Just now, Mister Woof said:

I'm well aware of these types of keys, but thanks for the answer.

just sending this to you because there isnt a difference, you get the same key, it never gets taken back, and you can transfer it.

Just now, cxy said:

just sending this to you because there isnt a difference, you get the same key, it never gets taken back, and you can transfer it.

I'm aware of how these keys are obtained, and were this for me, I wouldn't be asking. It's for a family member who is sensitive to these types of things.

@Mister Woof When pasting amazon links remove everything including the  the "ref=..." part like so:

https://www.amazon.com/Microsoft-Windows-10-Home-Download/dp/B01019BM7O/

The key you linked is a digital download version from somewhere, it looks like amazon but i'm not sure. I'd read the terms listed in the item description here:

Note: You can access this item in Your Software Library. The number of computers eligible for installation may vary.
By placing your order, you agree to our Terms of Use.

I'd say you are fine for re-using this key for upgrades and new computers provided you wipe the old one or decommission it.